Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nono

Morgan Signs With Titans

111 posts in this topic

Yeah that was your one hit in Warford outside that been a complete disaster and haven't seen anyone you want later in drafts make a actual impact in the NFL so I'm just offering friendly advice maybe you shouldn't dismiss other people's opinions so quickly and think you're is always right

Was Morgan worth his contract ? No probably not but he is young and has upside and can continue to grow. Now Falcons are left out in cold waiting for a unknown rookie to step up pretty quickly.

I mostly just play a guessing game the closer to the draft about what they're going to do, not what I want. If they did what I wanted we would have gotten Aaron Donald and Jarvis Landry last year, but I'm glad that they got Matthews, Hageman, and others nonetheless. Obviously I almost always guess wrong but whatever.

And, no, I'll maintain my opinion that Morgan was not remotely worth what he got and that he has next to no upside left. He is what he is.

I mostly just play a guessing game the closer to the draft about what they're going to do, not what I want. If they did what I wanted we would have gotten Aaron Donald and Jarvis Landry last year, but I'm glad that they got Matthews, Hageman, and others nonetheless. Obviously I almost always guess wrong but whatever.

And, no, I'll maintain my opinion that Morgan was not remotely worth what he got and that he has next to no upside left. He is what he is.

You are saying Morgan couldn't get to 8 sacks ? I don't believe that at all. I don't even believe he was playing in a position that fits his strengths. He has been one of the most consistent players in league at getting pressures so sacks are always the greatest way to tell a player is doing his job. The Falcons have salary cap and while I do agree that paying marginal players is not a key to success you have to pay someone. Right now we have a ton of cash but nowhere to spend it. You think Blank coming off back to back losing seasons is going to sit on the cash asking for fans to buy season tickets Nope it's going to be spent unwisely in the coming weeks on marginal talent

D#x3 likes this

You are saying Morgan couldn't get to 8 sacks ? I don't believe that at all. I don't even believe he was playing in a position that fits his strengths. He has been one of the most consistent players in league at getting pressures so sacks are always the greatest way to tell a player is doing his job. The Falcons have salary cap and while I do agree that paying marginal players is not a key to success you have to pay someone. Right now we have a ton of cash but nowhere to spend it. You think Blank coming off back to back losing seasons is going to sit on the cash asking for fans to buy season tickets Nope it's going to be spent unwisely in the coming weeks on marginal talent

No, and obviously the front office and Blank didn't think he was worth paying that much either or else he'd be a Falcon. No real point in burning money just for the sake of burning money on average talent.

Lol at people bashing the Fo. It's obvious Morgan was never leaving Tennessee. Some of you think we can just throw money around and players will come flocking. The player has to want to come here.

Morgan wanted to come here. He had a long meeting with Falcons. You can make many assumptions but it's pretty clear the Falcons didn't see him at his value. Now we're stuck with all this cap $ and no one to spend it on. This will be spent poorly over next couple weeks and front office will try to sell you " right moves"

No, and obviously the front office and Blank didn't think he was worth paying that much either or else he'd be a Falcon. No real point in burning money just for the sake of burning money on average talent.

Watch what Falcons do over next couple of weeks. There is pretty much only marginal talent on market. Watch some of these offers that come in for talent still left in pool.

Wow, that is ridiculous money for his production. I hate stupid *** teams (Miami, Tenn, Jets) that just keep driving prices up each year for marginal to above average talent. You can say that it is their money, but these salaries are reflected in ticket prices and amenities at the stadium that falls directly on fans. I swear, I think I'm spending this entire next season watching every game from home. Football used to be a working man sport, now they are making going to a game only affordable for the swells.

If the revenue for the entire league is exploding -- Goddell is trying to get it to $25 billion in the next ten years -- if the television and sponsorhip deals are setting records all over the place, if the value of teams is increasing, and the salary cap goes up every year, then why wouldn't the salary of the actual workers increase?

It sucks that a lot of owners (and not just in football) try to mitigate their exposure by passing the cost on to consumers, but it's been this way for decades.

Yeah that was your one hit in Warford outside that been a complete disaster and haven't seen anyone you want later in drafts make a actual impact in the NFL so I'm just offering friendly advice maybe you shouldn't dismiss other people's opinions so quickly and think you're is always right

Was Morgan worth his contract ? No probably not but he is young and has upside and can continue to grow. Now Falcons are left out in cold waiting for a unknown rookie to step up pretty quickly.

You're trying way too hard, PG doesn't care about you. Go home.

Lol at people bashing the Fo. It's obvious Morgan was never leaving Tennessee. Some of you think we can just throw money around and players will come flocking. The player has to want to come here.

Besides already playing there, why would one want to play for Tennessee?

Doubt they will draft a pass rusher in the 1st now

They were never going to draft a pass rusher. With LeBeau in the fold, it was always going to be Leonard Williams if Winston didn't fall to them.

They were never going to draft a pass rusher. With LeBeau in the fold, it was always going to be Leonard Williams if Winston didn't fall to them.

Yep and they will have a nice front 7 if Williams turns out to be a player and Orakpo stays on field

Watch what Falcons do over next couple of weeks. There is pretty much only marginal talent on market. Watch some of these offers that come in for talent still left in pool.

As I said from the start: This FA edge rushing class is weak. A whole lot of marginal talent or big red flags. It was made even weaker when the Giants slapped a franchise tag on JPP and the Chiefs not only did the same to Houston but didn't cut Hali to free up cap space... they still might, but it isn't helping right now. In my opinion, it is better to get role players at the right price instead of getting desperate and overpaying middling talent, especially with a good crop of edge rushing prospects in this draft class.

If Morgan was a Bennett type of player then I'd be flipping out like everyone else, but he isn't so I'm not bent out of shape that we didn't bother to meet his demands. The only FA misses I am upset about is not getting Franklin, Iupati, or Boling.

As I said from the start: This FA edge rushing class is weak. A whole lot of marginal talent or big red flags. It was made even weaker when the Giants slapped a franchise tag on JPP and the Chiefs not only did the same to Houston but didn't cut Hali to free up cap space... they still might, but it isn't helping right now. In my opinion, it is better to get role players at the right price instead of getting desperate and overpaying middling talent, especially with a good crop of edge rushing prospects in this draft class.

If Morgan was a Bennett type of player then I'd be flipping out like everyone else, but he isn't so I'm not bent out of shape that we didn't bother to meet his demands. The only FA misses I am upset about is not getting Franklin, Iupati, or Boling.

Just curious, Gib, but what do you think would have been the right price for Morgan?

Besides already playing there, why would one want to play for Tennessee?

Nashville is an extremely nice city. It's more living arrangements than football related. Why would he want to come to Atlanta?

Just curious, Gib, but what do you think would have been the right price for Morgan?

$5-5.5 million AAV range. Maybe push it up to $6 million AAV. Something around what Brian Robison got sans the big escalators.

While you boys were drooling over Georgia Tech Boy Morgan, the REAL team in the Falcons said, "**** you Morgan, your not that good." All I have to say to the Georgia nut huggers is......

nelson_ha_ha.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERS

$5-5.5 million AAV range. Maybe push it up to $6 million AAV. Something around what Brian Robison got sans the big escalators.

With the cap going up and the nature of the pool this year, I figured it would take closer to $7 million and I thought there were a couple of ways to get there with escalators, but $6.5 to $7 is about where I would have cut it off if he were looking for 4 years.

$6 million annually isn't unreasonable, but a $5 million base for a guy who rushes a passer coming off his rookie deal... I don't know. Robison's contract, for his production is very reasonable, but he was extended in 2013 after a 9 sack season, right? If he had been on the market in 2015, I'm pretty sure he would have cleared $5-6 million.