Elite

Shredman

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's underrated as **** since he pretty much missed 3 whole years of his prime to injury, but TD is a top 3 4-3 OLB easy. One of the most criminally underrated players in the game.

I don't know how you'd go about applying that term to LBers though... since there's so many types. Overall LBers? 3-4 OLBers? 3-4 ILBers? 4-3 MLBers? 4-3 OLBers?

I think Lavonte David and Thomas Davis are the two best 4-3 OLBers in the game. Von Miller is technically one by label, but they use him much more like a 3-4 OLBer.

So I guess I'd say for the Panthers it's Luke, TD, and Olsen. I guess I could throw Kalil in as well even though he had a down year, mostly due to the garbage around him. He's always been recognized as one of the best centers in the game.

Lol, Hardy too... he hasn't signed anywhere yet. sad.png

Edited by Big Play Bene

That's like saying Tannehill will surpass Brady this year...lol OK maybe not that ridiculous but you know what I'm saying.

Ryan already outplayed Brees in 2010 2012 and 2014

another yr older and ryan now playing in a west coast O

the rotating every other yr for who played better is now over IMO....

Its Ryans Time now.....

Its Ryans Time now.....

Can we get a definition of outplayed?

Can we get a definition of outplayed?

winning

TD to Int

but yea i see your pt

it was very close in all those yrs and is in the eye of the beholder ....

some Saints Fans will never admit it was even close in those yrs....

but it was

and Ryan held his own for sure and looked better overall imo

Its Ryans Time now.....

And Cam outplayed Ryan in 2011 and 2013. No one goes around saying he's the best QB in the division except for maybe some super Panther homers.

Brees is still king of the roost for now. If Matt takes over that mantle this year, good for him... but let's at least wait for it to happen first.

And Cam outplayed Ryan in 2011 and 2013. No one goes around saying he's the best QB in the division except for maybe some super Panther homers.

Brees is still king of the roost for now. If Matt takes over that mantle this year, good for him... but let's at least wait for it to happen first.

uhhhhhhh lets get real here dude

Cam Newton has never been in the Same Convo, or even on the same Planet as Brees and Ryan as a QB....

and never will bro...

Lol I understand the sentiment, but this is a topic I've strayed away from all year, because quite frankly it wasn't worth it and it's become tiresome... but it's funny how everyone around here acts like Cam is some bum *** QB now.

A year where he missed all offseason due to ankle surgery, where his entire WR corps was gutted and he was given a rookie with drop problems as his #1, and a bunch of other bums which was all we could manage to afford to fill up the roster. Not to mention he missed time developing any sort of chemistry with that entirely brand new corps of receivers.

Half of his o-line also retired, including his LT. That LT spot was replaced with what was previously the worst RT in the NFL, Byron Bell. The RT spot was replaced with a former defensive lineman who had never played offensive tackle in his life. Lol yeah. That's pathetic. Then the guards were injured most the season.

If that wasn't enough, Cam breaks his ribs literally right before the season starts, and his garbage offensive line causes him to get battered all year, resulting in injury after injury. We were also running 5th and 6th string RBs half the **** season. Who the **** is Fozzy Whittaker, Darin Reaves, and Chris Ogboanoanoyaayanoay? Exactly. They were our starting RBs. And for a while, Cam still managed to look pretty good despite all the crap.

Yes Shred, Cam has routinely been mentioned in the same class as Ryan. Many times. Most recently right after the 2013 season where he was routinely ranked anywhere from #5 to #10 (at the lowest) on multiple rankings. The NFL breeds a short attention span though.

What's funny is you routinely comparing Ryan to Brees.

Yes Shred, Cam has routinely been mentioned in the same class as Ryan. Many times. Most recently right after the 2013 season where he was routinely ranked anywhere from #5 to #10 (at the lowest) on multiple rankings. The NFL breeds a short attention span though.

What's funny is you routinely comparing Ryan to Brees.

when QBs stop throwing the ball

you may be right lol

Cam is 100 times the athlete of Brees or Ryan

But is no where even close to those guys as a Leader, Passer , Decision Maker and Overall NFL QB..........

its not even close man

when QBs stop throwing the ball

you may be right lol

Cam is 100 times the athlete of Brees or Ryan

But is no where even close to those guys as a Leader, Passer , Decision Maker and Overall NFL QB..........

its not even close man

Already said all I'm saying on it. Like I said, I've avoided even getting into this discussion for a reason... because it's tiresome, and it's been had a 1000 times on this board. Back before Wake even joined the board and Pox only showed up once a month (or however often), it seemed like me, NYG4, and Reese used to argue this **** every day in the offseason.

I've brought up valid stats, arguments, facts, etc. numerous times. Lol not doing it again.

We'll leave it at: I'm not changing your opinion, and you're not changing mine.

Edited by Big Play Bene

Seeing shred use Brees as a shield for ryan v newton defense is unique strategery.

Cause his QB lost to the team that Cam starts for in that last game that he played and Ryan threw 2 pick 6s in that game. Thats why. He won't admit it tho.

Edited by PantherWake

Already said all I'm saying on it. Like I said, I've avoided even getting into this discussion for a reason... because it's tiresome, and it's been had a 1000 times on this board. Back before Wake even joined the board and Pox only showed up once a month (or however often), it seemed like me, NYG4, and Reese used to argue this **** every day in the offseason.

I've brought up valid stats, arguments, facts, etc. numerous times. Lol not doing it again.

We'll leave it at: I'm not changing your opinion, and you're not changing mine.

RC can throw all the opinions out the window. We could go to the NFL experts who know superSCam is a RB/QB who is not a leader or passer who can read defense in the way a top 10 QB can. superSCam maybe a top 15 RB/QB only only from sheer physicality and athleticism...just sayin'

My biggest thing in measuring QBs has always been for years TD/INT ratio. And whoever said Cam isn't good is wrong. Whoever said Ryan isn't is wrong. I believe Ryan to be better. Cam certainly has the higher ceiling. Why can't we all get along?

Also as far as 4-3 OLBs yes Davis is elite.