How Much Cap Space Do We Have Left?

Not counting Adams, Clayborn, Reed, Smith, or Scofield, all of whom we do not know cap hits of, we were at roughly 26.4 in free space. Factoring in the top 51 rule, Adams, and Smith, probably drop us to about 25.6 or so. Assuming that Reed's year one cap hit is about 3.5, then we'd be at roughly 25, not counting Clayborn or Scofield.

I think we still have room for 2-3 bigger sized moves. We need about $4-5 million for draft picks. We will probably keep $3-4 million for emergency funds. So around $9 million will need to be put aside. I think we could still sign a couple guys like a Derrick Morgan, a FS, and a TE.

I would assume Derrick Morgan gets between $5-7 Million per yr but you could structure it where his cap hit is around $3 million this yr. I think for FS we are out on Parker after his numbers got over $6 million per yr but he hasn't signed anywhere yet and other FS spots have been filled so it might go down again. But the other 2 guys I think we will look at are Darian Stewart formerly of the Ravens and Jeron Johnson formerly of the Seahawks. I would assume that neither would cost more than $4-5 million per yr and you could get the 1st yr cap hit around $2 million. For TE I think the contract will look closer to the one Niles Paul got 3yr $6 million with escalators to increase it to $9.6 million than the Lance Kendricks deal $4 yr 18.5 million. So TE around $2-3 million

The 1st yr cap hits would be around $7 million with $9 million needed for draft picks and emergency funds= $16 milllion.

And if we needed some more money we could still cut Jackson($2.25 million savings), Babs($2.9 million savings) or Baker($4.5 million savings) as June 1 cuts and use that money to help pay for draft picks.

Anywhere from 15 to 20 and you have to wonder what they're planning to do.

Surely we won't go into next season sitting on a pile of cash while leaving holes on our team. Again. Will we?

My guess is TE, OL and probably try to spend the bulk of it on a safety.

Hopefully we use some of that cap space to re-sign Julio before the season starts.

Do people still not know Julio counts 10 million against the cap this year? We dont need anymore money to extend him.

I guess you could add the rollover to next year and just pay him some ridiculous amount like 18 million next year to keep his cap hits down.

Do people still not know Julio counts 10 million against the cap this year? We dont need anymore money to extend him.

I guess you could add the rollover to next year and just pay him some ridiculous amount like 18 million next year to keep his cap hits down.

That would certainly be one option. If we have it under the cap, we need to spend it. If not to improve the team this year, we might as well spend it to improve the team next year.

I would rather knock out a chunk this year so we have a lot more going forward

we had 29.5 after reed and Durant we should be around 25 still - unless that 29.5 number was wrong, Id love to pay Julio a chunk and get it out of the way, other than that, I have no idea what we are doing with all this money.

You guys are all way off. We had $29.5 mil yesterday and I'm assuming we brought in Schofield and Adams at a vet min. Clayborn I believe signed for $2mil with esculators that could be worth $4.5 mil I believe we are still around $25-$27 mil

Telling others they are way off yet you are 100% speculating as well....ok

You guys are all way off. We had $29.5 mil yesterday and I'm assuming we brought in Schofield and Adams at a vet min. Clayborn I believe signed for $2mil with esculators that could be worth $4.5 mil I believe we are still around $25-$27 mil

Trust me, I'm not way off, done this for 15 years now...wink.png