Bud Dupree

Out of the edge rushers in this draft I think he checks most of the boxes for Quinn. He may be a little behind a couple of guys at this point but in the right spot with good coaching in 3 years I think he will end up the best player out of this group. What is hard at this point is deciding what would be too early for him because of the way most seem to be slotted but most years he is a easy top 10 pick. Depending how they come off I would take him at 8 I would take him over Fowler and Gregory any day.

Edited by Sobeit

Out of the edge rushers in this draft I think he checks most of the boxes for Quinn. He may be a little behind a couple of guys at this point but in the right spot with good coaching in 3 years I think he will end up the best player out of this group. What is hard at this point is deciding what would be too early for him because of the way most seem to be slotted but most years he is a easy top 10 pick. Depending how they come off I would take him at 8 I would take him over Fowler and Gregory any day.

Yes. Yes so much. His ceiling is easily the highest. His problems lie solely in coachable areas. His strengths lie in his athleticism that, while partially trainable, is on a level on its own. Dude is this years version of Ezekiel Ansah, with a potentially higher ceiling.

Starting to come around, still don't think I'd like him at 8 tho. He's really really fast off the snap, but that's about it. He doesn't know what to do with his hands. If he figured it out, he'll be dangerous.

Thing is he's had 4 years at Kentucky to do it. Not like Ansah where he started playing defense the year he was drafted and flashed on top of that athleticism. Are Kentucky's coaches really that bad? Dupree is a really hardworking guy. Just baffling that he still can't use his hands after all this time.

Dupree with Gregory's hands would be a top 5 lock. The negatives I've seen with Dupree are that he gets sucked into offensive linemen and doesn't know how to disengage. He doesn't always play with his athleticism. Gregory on the other hand has a very lackluster snap anticipation and probably has a frame that could keep him injured. I just wish we could take the positives from both of these guys and draft that player.

Starting to come around, still don't think I'd like him at 8 tho. He's really really fast off the snap, but that's about it. He doesn't know what to do with his hands. If he figured it out, he'll be dangerous.

Thing is he's had 4 years at Kentucky to do it. Not like Ansah where he started playing defense the year he was drafted and flashed on top of that athleticism. Are Kentucky's coaches really that bad? Dupree is a really hardworking guy. Just baffling that he still can't use his hands after all this time.

This is what Quinn was known for as a D-line coach - teaching guys how to use their hands.

Dupree with Gregory's hands would be a top 5 lock. The negatives I've seen with Dupree are that he gets sucked into offensive linemen and doesn't know how to disengage. He doesn't always play with his athleticism. Gregory on the other hand has a very lackluster snap anticipation and probably has a frame that could keep him injured. I just wish we could take the positives from both of these guys and draft that player.

Or a Top 3.

This is what Quinn was known for as a D-line coach - teaching guys how to use their hands.

True, but do you wanna bank on that as your #1 guy. His teammate Smith has better technique, but less athleticism from what I've seen... Which is why I asked if the coaches are really that bad. Apparently Dupree is very coachable so we'll see.

True, but do you wanna bank on that as your #1 guy. His teammate Smith has better technique, but less athleticism from what I've seen... Which is why I asked if the coaches are really that bad. Apparently Dupree is very coachable so we'll see.

Of course I'd rather have someone more polished, but if we take him at 8 because the other guys are gone I'll roll with it.