Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TSprings

Would You Like The Falcons To Sign Greg Hardy

380 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be OK with the Falcons signing Greg Hardy?

• Yes
    • No

AB has way more sense and class than a bunch of yahoos on a message board. That's why we have Quinn as a coach instead of Rex Ryan.

This is nonsense.

Panthers teammate on Greg Hardy: “It’s bigger than football”

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 12, 2015, 10:08 AM EDT

Before the Falcons or the 49ers ever made it clear they weren’t pursuing free agent defensive end Greg Hardy, the Panthers decided they weren’t going to.

And while players there might miss the guy who had 15.0 sacks in 2013, they also know the reason he’s not coming back is because of the domestic violence charges (which were ultimately thrown out) that cost the team $13.1 million for one game last year.

That’s why, according to veteran defensive tackle Dwan Edwards, there’s an understanding of owner Jerry Richardson’s stance.

“That’s never a good topic to talk about when you talk about domestic violence and what happened. It’s tough. It seems like we as players and coaches and maybe even Carolina Panthers fans were the only ones that were punished,” Edwards said, via Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer. “He obviously still got paid, and now they’re still saying he hasn’t been punished. It’s a weird deal.

“But I understand Mr. Richardson and his feelings on that. I have a wife and two daughters as well, and you just can’t have that associated with your brand.”

The Panthers still made the playoffs last year, despite having 10 percent of their salary cap tied up on the commissioner’s exempt list. And Edwards is convinced they can still be a good defense, even without Hardy.

“It’s bigger than football sometimes, bigger than wins and losses. I get that,” Edwards said.

When the dust settles and Hardy eventually finds another team, we’ll find out based on the terms of the contract if they agree.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/12/panthers-teammate-on-greg-hardy-its-bigger-than-football/

Reputable sources have reported he's getting suspended, and despite being the premier pass rusher in FA, only one team has discussed a contract with him. The teams have more info than we do.

The way TATF works, there will be another huge thread on him when he signs with another team, and people will piss and moan that we didn't sign him. That will end most of the Hardy talk, but s select few will continue to complain well into the future.

And that pissing and moaning will grow even more loud and angry when we go 6-10 again while the team Hardy signs with goes 10-6 and makes a deep run in the play-offs.

This is nonsense.

The truth is nonsense?....OK whatever ....

Nice to know we actually have at least 48 folks on this board that have some sort of moral compass and know the difference between right and wrong. Please will some other team out there sign this scumbag so we can't get rid of these endless and pointless threads and talk about something productive?

Nice to know we actually have at least 48 folks on this board that have some sort of moral compass and know the difference between right and wrong. Please will some other team out there sign this scumbag so we can't get rid of these endless and pointless threads and talk about something productive?

I'm sorry. Are we building a football team or auditioning guest hosts on The View?

And that pissing and moaning will grow even more loud and angry when we go 6-10 again while the team Hardy signs with goes 10-6 and makes a deep run in the play-offs.

The Raiders have made some solid signings, but I don't expect them to improve that much.

Because 48 people don't want to sign Greg Hardy you know those 48 have some sort of moral compass? Doubt it. You don't know what their reason for not wanting him is.

Goodness no! He had lots of evil guns! They scare me so much, I might soil my undies. /purple

Has nothing to do with guns. I own several guns. Doesn't mean that I condone domestic abuse in any way shape or form. I do hate that those two things are being connected here.

Because 48 people don't want to sign Greg Hardy you know those 48 have some sort of moral compass? Doubt it. You don't know their reason for not wanting him is.

I'd say more likely than not, it's for the same reason I don't want him here. He's a woman beating scumbag.

That team will most likely be a winner with Hardy racking up 10-15 sacks for them, probably more than our ends put together

That team will most likely be a winner with Hardy racking up 10-15 sacks for them, probably more than our ends put together

So we should just sacrifice every bit of self respect we might have to sign a scum bag all in the name of winning? I fully believe we can win without him and that he's not worth the baggage he has. You guys talk about him like he's God's gift to football. He's good but he was only one part of a good front seven in Carolina. No guarantees he would equal that production here or anywhere else.

So we should just sacrifice every bit of self respect we might have to sign a scum bag all in the name of winning? I fully believe we can win without him and that he's not worth the baggage he has. You guys talk about him like he's God's gift to football. He's good but he was only one part of a good front seven in Carolina. No guarantees he would equal that production here or anywhere else.

maybe the league will give a trophy for most polite team. There's an ambition to root for. Go team go but don't tackle too hard or you might hurt someone's feelings.

maybe the league will give a trophy for most polite team. There's an ambition to root for. Go team go but don't tackle too hard or you might hurt someone's feelings.

It worked for the Ravens.

Whatever....I'm not asking everyone on the team be model citizens but there are places where most decent people draw the line. If you sign a domestic abuser then what's OK after that? A rapist, maybe a murderer? Where do you draw the line? Like I said earlier, I doubt you'd feel the same way about this scumbag if it was your daughter or some woman you knew he was knocking around. I've wasted too much time here already this morning...I'm outta here...

I'd say more likely than not, it's for the same reason I don't want him here. He's a woman beating scumbag.

Said it in another thread.

The only thing worse than a black knight is a white one with a closed mind.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Self respect lol Its football, i couldnt care less what these fools do in their own time

Please tell me that's not a pot-shot at the ravens for cutting Rice.

Actually, it was a sarcastic comment about how asinine it is to try to infuse ones social engineering goals into sports entertainment. The great Ravens defenses weren't the least bit concerned with being nice or polite.