Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TSprings

Would You Like The Falcons To Sign Greg Hardy

380 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be OK with the Falcons signing Greg Hardy?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

332 posts in this topic

Even the Raiders have said no because he is radioactive and nothing but trouble. I think John Fox will pick him up anyhow.

point proven.

The point of my post was to confirm that i like to dabble in both areas that you were concerned about.

Lets move on shall we?

So why didn't the state press charges if the evidence was so strong? Don't need the woman to do that.

Did i say anything about the evidence? I said he was never declared innocent, he was declared guilty and then his case was thrown out.

They have a promising young QB to go with those signings. With the parity in the NFL, they wouldn't have to improve that much to get above the bottom-feeder level and make the play-offs. With Clayborn, Schofield and a good young pass rusher from our #8 pick, Hardy could be the critical piece to make the Falcons a top-tier SB contender. To deny the potential impact of a player the caliber of Hardy is to deny the reality of the impact we know having Julio Jones means to our offense.

The Falcons need to get players who are a fit for Quinn's defense. Everybody gets that. But what many of us can't understand is how you're going to elevate from being a 10-22 team without bringing in any significantly better talent? The talent we've brought in so far seems at best barely above what we're getting rid of. In a couple of instances, they may be even more brittle and injury-prone than what we had.

I have confidence in Quinn, but he's not the lone ranger putting this roster together. The Boy Genius is still neck-deep in the mix. He's the turd in the punchbowl of the Falcon Grand Reopening party, he's the sugar being poured into the gas tank of our gleaming new race car. He's the Philistine who stands at the gates to our Super Bowl Promised Land. He may end up being Blank's Achilles Heel and Waterloo if the team is still floundering when the new stadium opens.

^^^^^ great comments

PokerSteve likes this

Did i say anything about the evidence? I said he was never declared innocent, he was declared guilty and then his case was thrown out.

And if the case was a slam dunk the state would have pressed charges.

Sounds to me like a domestic argument that got out of hand.... He choked her and she hit him in the head with a shoe then Sammy Curtis Hardy's manager tackled her.... She admitted to using coke the night of the argument which probably made matters worse...

They reached a civil suit agreement with Hardy most likely paying her off to be done with the court hearing which she was more than happy to do seeing as she was a no show....

Interesting read with twitter accounts from the press at the hearing....

http://deadspin.com/greg-hardys-girlfriend-testifies-in-hardys-assault-tria-1605431366

This ^

And this was after he was already found guilty by a judge. So she would have no incentive to not show up because her case was already strong.

In other words, he payed her off (my opinion).

Hush $$$ FTW lol

Has anyone noticed the increased coverage and overall observation that the NFL and the USA has gotten soft? It's called " The pussification ofAmerica.

We got the "everybody gets a trophy" and "peaceful pu$$y pansy" people who constantly cry about what men ignore.

Has anyone noticed the increased coverage and overall observation that the NFL and the USA has gotten soft? It's called " The pussification ofAmerica.

I would consider the source of the observations

If he wasn't guilty then why did he pay her off? Why not go through the justice system and exonerate himself and clear his .....cough cough..... good name. Most, but not all, judges are very good at knowing when people are telling the truth. There was enough evidence to sway the judge. I'd bet it would have swayed a jury too. Yes, I know we aren't supposed to judge but it's human nature to do so and I think the guy is scum. The only thing that the people who want him here are judging is his football prowess. He could have murdered the girl and the ones who voted yes would not care but if he was some average Joe you'd all be saying he was guilty as ****. If he was still going to be a Panther I guarantee their would be threads of outrage on this board that he was allowed to get off but because someone thinks there is a remote chance we will sign him then it's all OK. Sickening......

That's not true. I voted yes but if he murdered a girl I woukdnt want him on any NFL team. I have a daughter and I just had a physical altercation with my own father because he was about to hit her. I don't condone what hardy did at all but I also don't condemn him. Especially if this is the only domestic case he's ever had. I was once young and stupid too. We've all made emotional mistakes in our lives. Some of us learn from them, others not so much. The lesson in this is stay away from gold digging b!tches with a coke problem that make you want to put your hands on them when they cheat with a richer rapper. If he learned the lesson from this I'd give him another shot but on a very short leash.

So what, he paid her off... Shows me all she wanted was the cash... Not saying his actions were right but her testimony had some contradictions in it from what I've read.......

The more I've read about Hardy the more I feel I'd be OK if Quinn pulls him in....

chazbykr likes this

Sounds to me like a domestic argument that got out of hand.... He choked her and she hit him in the head with a shoe then Sammy Curtis Hardy's manager tackled her.... She admitted to using coke the night of the argument which probably made matters worse...

They reached a civil suit agreement with Hardy most likely paying her off to be done with the court hearing which she was more than happy to do seeing as she was a no show....

Interesting read with twitter accounts from the press at the hearing....

http://deadspin.com/greg-hardys-girlfriend-testifies-in-hardys-assault-tria-1605431366

Sounds like they were both to blame and i don't know if any of these guys know about ppl on coke but they get very aggressive so in sure she wasn't some delicate flower in this situation. Cocaine is a helluva drug!!
PokerSteve likes this

Took me a bit but I just voted yes... Looked into his case and past history and found no reason to not bring him in....

His former team mates really wanted their F.O. to bring him back so he does not look to be a locker room cancer....

His mother is a detective with the Millington, Tenn., police Dept so I'm sure he got an ear full from her ... LOL

His father is a former investigator with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission who now owns a car detailing business....

They have seven children and discipline has always been a big part of his upbringing from what I've read....

chazbykr and sdogg like this