Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TSprings

Would You Like The Falcons To Sign Greg Hardy

380 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be OK with the Falcons signing Greg Hardy?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

332 posts in this topic

What's not likeable about Hardy or Rice? I get the timing thing but what about Riley Cooper? It's not violence against women but nobody says he has character concerns

Riley Cooper has a constitutional right to say idiotic things. Him saying racist things isn't even in the same stratosphere as raping a woman or knocking your significant other out cold and dragging her down a hall by her hair.

As far as Hardy goes, though, the story is so dam convoluted that nobody really knows what happened between him and that girl that night, so I would rather no comment.

kingslasher likes this

Riley Cooper has a constitutional right to say idiotic things. Him saying racist things isn't even in the same stratosphere as raping a woman or knocking your significant other out cold and dragging her down a hall by her hair.

As far as Hardy goes, though, the story is so dam convoluted that nobody really knows what happened between him and that girl that night, so I would rather no comment.

I didn't say he couldn't say whatever he wants but let's not act like that's not something a guy would label as a character concern. If Roddy or Julio got caught saying they would "beat any cr**ker's ***" they would be vilified. Big ben, Rice, and Hardy has constitutional rights to go to trial if they are accused of a crime. Neither of them were found guilty by a trial of peers yet only one seems like they were forgiven

I didn't say he couldn't say whatever he wants but let's not act like that's not something a guy would label as a character concern. If Roddy or Julio got caught saying they would "beat any cr**ker's ***" they would be vilified. Big ben, Rice, and Hardy has constitutional rights to go to trial if they are accused of a crime. Neither of them were found guilty by a trial of peers yet only one seems like they were forgiven

It's the reality show, court tv crowd at work. They assign innocence or guilt as a game, and in their warped minds, it doesn't matter what the legal outcomes are. It allows them to be holier than thou and look down on someone. Hypocrisy is like oxygen to those people.

For the 25% of the posters that voted no, yall better be glad I aint your GM because he would probably be a Falcon. It appears he's cleared the judicial system which should clear him from league suspensions. If I could get him for $8-10M I'd lock him up. He's by far the best pass rusher on the market that hasn't been franchised. Only 26 years old. Probably wants to rip the Panties up. Likely hates Brees. Could immediately transform our defense and totally change the way we approach the draft. Hail yeah. Release the Kraken.

Thankfully we actually have people with some class and sense running the Falcons organization and not you. That scumbag coming here isn't going to happen. Are you actually so dense that you can't see that he paid the woman off? He was found guilty by a judge in the first trial and paid her not to appear in the second. I don't think the NFL is going to take all this as lightly as some of you do.

For the 25% of the posters that voted no, yall better be glad I aint your GM because he would probably be a Falcon. It appears he's cleared the judicial system which should clear him from league suspensions. If I could get him for $8-10M I'd lock him up. He's by far the best pass rusher on the market that hasn't been franchised. Only 26 years old. Probably wants to rip the Panties up. Likely hates Brees. Could immediately transform our defense and totally change the way we approach the draft. Hail yeah. Release the Kraken.

Exactly!! Add Hardy and one of the top pass rushers in the draft, along with the FA's we've signed so far and better coaching and we have a much improved D. I'm talking going from 32 to top 15, easily!!!

chazbykr likes this

Thankfully we actually have people with some class and sense running the Falcons organization and not you. That scumbag coming here isn't going to happen. Are you actually so dense that you can't see that he paid the woman off? He was found guilty by a judge in the first trial and paid her not to appear in the second. I don't think the NFL is going to take all this as lightly as some of you do.

First of all being found "guilty" by a Judge still doesn't mean the Judge is right. The Judge weighed the evidence and could have very well leaned more weight on what the woman said for various reasons. I know plenty of good fathers who's had their kids taken from them and given to their dead-beat mothers so their mothers could collect a check from him every month. Judges typically favor women in these sorts of trials. This doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't Judged correctly, and if I had a bat and saw a man do that to a woman I'd beat him half to death with it myself. None of us have any idea of what really happened and it isn't our place to judge someone, it is solely up to the Justice system and God. You guys need to get that through your skulls. It doesn't matter if she was paid off, she thought the money was clearly more important than a man getting fed justice. You want to be mad, be mad at her for not doing what's right.

Butudontseeme™ likes this

First of all being found "guilty" by a Judge still doesn't mean the Judge is right. The Judge weighed the evidence and could have very well leaned more weight on what the woman said for various reasons. I know plenty of good fathers who's had their kids taken from them and given to their dead-beat mothers so their mothers could collect a check from him every month. Judges typically favor women in these sorts of trials. This doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't Judged correctly, and if I had a bat and saw a man do that to a woman I'd beat him half to death with it myself. None of us have any idea of what really happened and it isn't our place to judge someone, it is solely up to the Justice system and God. You guys need to get that through your skulls. It doesn't matter if she was paid off, she thought the money was clearly more important than a man getting fed justice. You want to be mad, be mad at her for not doing what's right.

If he wasn't guilty then why did he pay her off? Why not go through the justice system and exonerate himself and clear his .....cough cough..... good name. Most, but not all, judges are very good at knowing when people are telling the truth. There was enough evidence to sway the judge. I'd bet it would have swayed a jury too. Yes, I know we aren't supposed to judge but it's human nature to do so and I think the guy is scum. The only thing that the people who want him here are judging is his football prowess. He could have murdered the girl and the ones who voted yes would not care but if he was some average Joe you'd all be saying he was guilty as ****. If he was still going to be a Panther I guarantee their would be threads of outrage on this board that he was allowed to get off but because someone thinks there is a remote chance we will sign him then it's all OK. Sickening......

If he wasn't guilty then why did he pay her off? Why not go through the justice system and exonerate himself and clear his .....cough cough..... good name. Most, but not all, judges are very good at knowing when people are telling the truth. There was enough evidence to sway the judge. I'd bet it would have swayed a jury too. Yes, I know we aren't supposed to judge but it's human nature to do so and I think the guy is scum. The only thing that the people who want him here are judging is his football prowess. He could have murdered the girl and the ones who voted yes would not care but if he was some average Joe you'd all be saying he was guilty as ****. If he was still going to be a Panther I guarantee their would be threads of outrage on this board that he was allowed to get off but because someone thinks there is a remote chance we will sign him then it's all OK. Sickening......

I would care if he murdered her. And I would care if it were clear cut that he beat the **** out of her too. It's not. It's classic he said she said and the young lady didn't even show up for the trial, regardless of the reason. As far as the judges ruling, it pretty much only means there was enough evidence to send the case to jury trial. And the judge in question is a well known, and outspoken women's rights advocate.

Look, I'm not saying he's innocent and if he did what is alleged, then I don't want him here either.

You know, we need a tight end, maybe someone should put up a poll about Aaron Hernandez....

Still at trial. Hardy was declared not guilty.

Same reason Big Ben paid off both of the women who accused him of rape

I seem to remember a judge declaring him guilty, don't remember the opposite happening.

I seem to remember a judge declaring him guilty, don't remember the opposite happening.

So why didn't the state press charges if the evidence was so strong? Don't need the woman to do that.

incorrect, hardy was found guilty on 2 counts. the da dismissed the case once the plaintiff was unable to be found.

The Raiders have made some solid signings, but I don't expect them to improve that much.

They have a promising young QB to go with those signings. With the parity in the NFL, they wouldn't have to improve that much to get above the bottom-feeder level and make the play-offs. With Clayborn, Schofield and a good young pass rusher from our #8 pick, Hardy could be the critical piece to make the Falcons a top-tier SB contender. To deny the potential impact of a player the caliber of Hardy is to deny the reality of the impact we know having Julio Jones means to our offense.

The Falcons need to get players who are a fit for Quinn's defense. Everybody gets that. But what many of us can't understand is how you're going to elevate from being a 10-22 team without bringing in any significantly better talent? The talent we've brought in so far seems at best barely above what we're getting rid of. In a couple of instances, they may be even more brittle and injury-prone than what we had.

I have confidence in Quinn, but he's not the lone ranger putting this roster together. The Boy Genius is still neck-deep in the mix. He's the turd in the punchbowl of the Falcon Grand Reopening party, he's the sugar being poured into the gas tank of our gleaming new race car. He's the Philistine who stands at the gates to our Super Bowl Promised Land. He may end up being Blank's Achilles Heel and Waterloo if the team is still floundering when the new stadium opens.

sdogg and chazbykr like this

They have a promising young QB to go with those signings. With the parity in the NFL, they wouldn't have to improve that much to get above the bottom-feeder level and make the play-offs. With Clayborn, Schofield and a good young pass rusher from our #8 pick, Hardy could be the critical piece to make the Falcons a top-tier SB contender. To deny the potential impact of a player the caliber of Hardy is to deny the reality of the impact we know having Julio Jones means to our offense.

The Falcons need to get players who are a fit for Quinn's defense. Everybody gets that. But what many of us can't understand is how you're going to elevate from being a 10-22 team without bringing in any significantly better talent? The talent we've brought in so far seems at best barely above what we're getting rid of. In a couple of instances, they may be even more brittle and injury-prone than what we had.

I have confidence in Quinn, but he's not the lone ranger putting this roster together. The Boy Genius is still neck-deep in the mix. He's the turd in the punchbowl of the Falcon Grand Reopening party, he's the sugar being poured into the gas tank of our gleaming new race car. He's the Philistine who stands at the gates to our Super Bowl Promised Land. He may end up being Blank's Achilles Heel and Waterloo if the team is still floundering when the new stadium opens.

quinn has final say over the roster. not sure why you don t understand that.

Final say, yes... but TD is the team's GM and runs the whole show. Not sure why you don't understand that.

sdogg likes this

Great! Looks like we can piss the GM off then and the whole scouting department too. McKay can do the contracts while Quinn is busier than a one legged man in an *** kicking contest selecting his squad.

Final say, yes... but TD is the team's GM and runs the whole show. Not sure why you don't understand that.

and what is he going to do to stop quinn?

Great! Looks like we can piss the GM off then and the whole scouting department too. McKay can do the contracts while Quinn is busier than a one legged man in an *** kicking contest selecting his squad.

do you add anything of value to these boards? or do you just like trying to be an ***?

do you add anything of value to these boards? or do you just like trying to be an ***?

I like to think i add something to the boards. Yes, im not delighted with the off season thus far but i try and play the ball instead of the man unlike some of you. A lot of the time, im here for some stimulating chat about a common subject but it really is few and far between with the mass of homers on this board.

Seems as though if you dont agree with the FO then you are a troll. Seems to get all melodramatic and teary eyed on here if you disagree with the suckers that see no wrong. It is what it is.

Anyway, my shoulder is here for you if you need it again. Simply PM me your worries and ill do my best to alleviate them.

I like to think i add something to the boards. Yes, im not delighted with the off season thus far but i try and play the ball instead of the man unlike some of you. A lot of the time, im here for some stimulating chat about a common subject but it really is few and far between with the mass of homers on this board.

Seems as though if you dont agree with the FO then you are a troll. Seems to get all melodramatic and teary eyed on here if you disagree with the suckers that see no wrong. It is what it is.

Anyway, my shoulder is here for you if you need it again. Simply PM me your worries and ill do my best to alleviate them.

point proven.