Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TSprings

Would You Like The Falcons To Sign Greg Hardy

380 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be OK with the Falcons signing Greg Hardy?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

332 posts in this topic

Do 281 people still want to sign someone who is facing a 6 game suspension? How he's going to help our pass rush during the 6 games he's standing on the sidelines?

Then he would be ready for the remaining season after Clayborn goes down.

Dusty likes this

hard to show up and play on sunday when you are suspended by the league.

Yeah, I know. So wait till he comes back. See how simple that was? 4 games, 6 games , who cares!! There is a good chance that this guy won't get into this kind of situation again. Then I'll have him for 10+ games this season and 16+ next. Geezzzussss!!!!! It's football!!! Not pottery.

(This is fun!😃)

There must be a concerted effort to make Hardy look badder than he already does.. I can say that his situation is nowhere near as bad as Ray Rice's situation. I don't believe the public cares as much as the NFL thinks. I doubt there will be much "public battering" to the team he joins, especially since he probably wont return til week 6. By then the season will be in full gear and nobody will be focused on it..

let's stop with the Hardy is the victim. Ray Rice made a public apology and asked for forgiveness. Hardy has done nothing like that. That's the difference
mdrake34, Lornoth and birdz4i like this

Yeah, I know. So wait till he comes back. See how simple that was? 4 games, 6 games , who cares!! There is a good chance that this guy won't get into this kind of situation again. Then I'll have him for 10+ games this season and 16+ next. Geezzzussss!!!!! It's football!!! Not pottery.

(This is fun!)

yeah they are women, not rag dolls or punching bags, see how simple that is?

let's stop with the Hardy is the victim. Ray Rice made a public apology and asked for forgiveness. Hardy has done nothing like that. That's the difference

😭

Who tf cares!

Do 281 people still want to sign someone who is facing a 6 game suspension? How he's going to help our pass rush during the 6 games he's standing on the sidelines?

Hail yeah. Six games could be just 30% of the season. A guy like Hardy could show up just in the nick of time to rip a new one in Cam, Brees and the rest of the gang. Face it son, the numbers have increased from 75% last week to 77% today and appear to be headed toward 78%. And you mad.
Ironhead1956 and freebird310 like this

I don't care what TATF wants. I care about what Blank, TD and Quinn want.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're one of the posters against re-signing Julio because he is injury prone and will miss games, right? How is missing games due to suspensions any different from missing games due to injury? Maybe because he can stand on the sideline, instead of sit?

paulitik likes this

You seem angry.

Nah. But that kinda hopeguessing happens on the Internet. It's impossible to hear words on a screen or see facial expression in them. I may "seem angry", but I'm not. I'm curious. It's fascinating to witness the men of our time reverting to powdered wigs, painted on moles and ruffles. I like football and come to a football site to talk about football. This is a football site isn't it? Anyway, Greg Hardy's situation is being discussed by people whose job it is to discuss it. What my opinion is about it has no bearing on the outcome.

No the difference is that Ray Rice has video of him knocking a woman clear unconscious, then apologizing because there isn't a team in the league would sign his a** if he didn't. He is only going to regain another teams acceptance since his wife forgave him nationally and he promised not to do anything like that again. Hardy never admitted to doing it so why would he apologize for it? As far as he's concerned, he didn't do sh*t and that's what he's sticking with. Doesnt matter if he's a liar, he'd of been locked away had he admitted guilt and she showed up. Two totally different scenarios.

M@ck likes this

So what happened to the radio story with that poster? Too lazy to search though pages on my cell phone .

that thread got locked. No update

Potential Suspension, Public Perception Reportedly Hurting Hardy in Free Agency

Monday, March 16

Peter King of The MMQB reported the following:

Greg Hardy certainly is repelling his share of suitors. As the GM of one team who told me Hardy "is on our list, but pretty far down," there are two distinct problems with taking him on: a) Teams believe theres a good chance Hardy will be suspended for the first six games of the season because of the domestic-violence incident that caused him to be placed on the commissioners exempt list last year; B) the public battering the team would take would potentially be intense and distracting.

King weighed in further: "I think he'd fit bestwithout regard to off-field stuffin Dallas or pass-rush-desperate Atlanta, Tampa Bay, San Diego or Jacksonville. Which team can best take the heat?"

No the difference is that Ray Rice has video of him knocking a woman clear unconscious, then apologizing because there isn't a team in the league would sign his a** if he didn't. He is only going to regain another teams acceptance since his wife forgave him nationally and he promised not to do anything like that again. Hardy never admitted to doing it so why would he apologize for it? As far as he's concerned, he didn't do sh*t and that's what he's sticking with. Doesnt matter if he's a liar, he'd of been locked away had he admitted guilt and she showed up. Two totally different scenarios.

Why did he pay her a settlement if he was completely, 100% innocent? I don't know what went on in that apartment that night any more than any of you do, but I don't think his lawyers would have advised him to pay her if the accusations were 100% false.

For example, it was announced today that Ray MacDonald is suing the woman that accused him of rape for defamation.

Hail yeah. Six games could be just 30% of the season. A guy like Hardy could show up just in the nick of time to rip a new one in Cam, Brees and the rest of the gang. Face it son, the numbers have increased from 75% last week to 77% today and appear to be headed toward 78%. And you mad.

So you think the numbers on this board have any real significance on determining Hardy's future?

LOL

I mean, talk about delusions of grandeur

Why did he pay her a settlement if he was completely, 100% innocent? I don't know what went on in that apartment that night any more than any of you do, but I don't think his lawyers would have advised him to pay her if the accusations were 100% false.

For example, it was announced today that Ray MacDonald is suing the woman that accused him of rape for defamation.

It doesn't f*n matter bro. You don't plea not guilty then come out to the press and say "I'm sorry for what I did" afterwards? That means you lied to the courts under oath and are liable for more legal action against you. Him staying silent is the best possible thing for him right now.

It doesn't f*n matter bro. You don't plea not guilty then come out to the press and say "I'm sorry for what I did" afterwards? That means you lied to the courts under oath and are liable for more legal action against you. Him staying silent is the best possible thing for him right now.

You know, I was going to disagree with you about this, but about the only thing he could say right now would be something like: "I'm sorry I embarrassed my family and the NFL for being in this situation at all" which is pretty lame and wouldn't really satisfy anybody

Since he never admitted guilt he really is in a catch-22.

Was Vick found guilty before he apologized?

ok