Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TSprings

Would You Like The Falcons To Sign Greg Hardy

380 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be OK with the Falcons signing Greg Hardy?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

332 posts in this topic

I voted "No" because of what I know today, and for this same reason he has not been greatly pursued by so many teams in need of a pash rush, first among these are our Atlanta Falcons.

Don't overlook the underlined above ^.

However...

Here is how my vote could become a "Yes." Greg Hardy show some honestly, remorse and regret.

Unless someone on here is a Priest, Minister, Rabbi, etc., you probably will not have character, standards and values any higher in your selection process than I do for my employees. However, having made some particularly really stupid decisions in my youth (and even now, occasionally), I am a firm believer in forgiveness and redemption. But first, one must admit their mistake, ask for forgiveness, and then change their behavior, for behavior never lies...unlike the words from one's tongue! Judge me on my actions, not my words.

Mike Vick, for example, did some atrocious things and I was just as angry toward him and what he did as anyone else. But, this man stood in front of the cameras, admitted his wrong, asked for forgiveness, and to my knowledge has never come remotely close to such heinous acts again; paraphrased, he changed his behavior...and behavior never lies. For this, should I ever see him again and have the opportunity I will reach first to shake his hand and congratulate him.

I'd do the same for Greg Hardy and anyone else who, as I have, who occasionally fails at this thing called "life" and then changes for the betterment of all mankind.

Great post. I voted yes because it includes all the things you said. Not yes just because he can play. You have to prove it and we need to believe it.

I'm not being short sided. I'm just speaking from a stance I understand with that lifestyle. I'm speaking more from the succesful man just not getting involved with the wrong kind of women. It's not about sides. I live this same kind of life. In talking about the same thing they talk about at the rookie symposium. If you want to stay out of trouble don't put yourself in bad situations. I'm not even talking about the actual fight. Moreso on putting yourself in a bad spot. He's the one with sonething to lose. A promising career now put in danger because he wanted eye candy and in sure he saw the red flags in the beginning. And the same goes for her. She wanted a guy with a little status and she bypassed red flags for that. I will always speak from that standpoint because I live that life. You have to be strong and avoid certain type of women that will knock you off your square.

As far as the money? It does matter. It's levels to this and it's only so high up on the ladder a Thot can go. Richer guys woukdnt make her their girl. They'd just hit it and quit it. Hardy hasn't been playing the money gane long enough so he's wifing thots. That's what I mean about if he was richer. He's still learning how to be rich. I've been playing with money since 2001 so I've had to learn these same lessons in talking about. I didn't come from money like hardy so you have to learn about it as a grown man. You may have money and if you do you understand what I mean. Then again, most of the guys here are married and don't live my kind of lifestyle so maybe some can't relate but there's a difference bro.

Great post man..... I'll also add this was nothing like the Ray Rice BS that went down.........

TheFatboi likes this

I'm not being short sided. I'm just speaking from a stance I understand with that lifestyle. I'm speaking more from the succesful man just not getting involved with the wrong kind of women. It's not about sides. I live this same kind of life. In talking about the same thing they talk about at the rookie symposium. If you want to stay out of trouble don't put yourself in bad situations. I'm not even talking about the actual fight. Moreso on putting yourself in a bad spot. He's the one with sonething to lose. A promising career now put in danger because he wanted eye candy and in sure he saw the red flags in the beginning. And the same goes for her. She wanted a guy with a little status and she bypassed red flags for that. I will always speak from that standpoint because I live that life. You have to be strong and avoid certain type of women that will knock you off your square.

As far as the money? It does matter. It's levels to this and it's only so high up on the ladder a Thot can go. Richer guys woukdnt make her their girl. They'd just hit it and quit it. Hardy hasn't been playing the money gane long enough so he's wifing thots. That's what I mean about if he was richer. He's still learning how to be rich. I've been playing with money since 2001 so I've had to learn these same lessons in talking about. I didn't come from money like hardy so you have to learn about it as a grown man. You may have money and if you do you understand what I mean. Then again, most of the guys here are married and don't live my kind of lifestyle so maybe some can't relate but there's a difference bro.

I didn't say you were being short sided. I said you were being one sided. I'll explain what i'm talking about with direct quotes form your post.

Hardys gf based on your post

- She's into a lifestyle more than the man.

- If she's on coke that means she also drinks.

- She's a party girl

- If he had more money then maybe she would not have cheated

Hardy based on your post

- Classic young man with a little money mistake

- Hardy is not super rich. If he had more money then maybe she would not have cheated

Thats a lot of favoring towards Hardy. Making it seem as if he is the victim. And for the record, i obviously agree with all the rookie symposium speeches that are given. One of the most important things that athletes do (in my opinion) is who they surround themselves with. I wouldn't go as far to say that "nothing good happens after midnight" like Herm Edwards says lol but i agree with surrounding yourself with quality people.

​But regardless of who you surround yourself with, you are still liable for your own actions. She can be a psycho crazy coke head chicken head, but that doesn't mean you need to throw her around and threaten to kill her like he did. Hardy was 100% in the wrong and deemed so by a judge. Not that the girl is without blame because she sounds nuts as well, but Hardy is a grown man. No woman should force you to do that stuff.

The girl very well may all those things you said, but then Hardy clearly has just as many issues if not more because he kept her around after breaking up several different times, and becoming violent with her. And you still make no sense about the "if he had more money then maybe she would not have cheated". You are saying one thing and now you are saying you meant it in another way. I'm confused. It can only mean one thing.

Here is how my vote could become a "Yes." Greg Hardy show some honestly, remorse and regret.

Mike Vick, for example, did some atrocious things and I was just as angry toward him and what he did as anyone else. But, this man stood in front of the cameras, admitted his wrong, asked for forgiveness

some people fail to understand that logic. second chances are usually only given upon admission of error or fault.

I believe in second chances for everyone. There should be a distinction made though that second chances given to a regular member of society is a different situation when you start talking about a professional football player, and whether or not that person should have the privilege of being paid millions to play a game and entertain people.

With that being said, I hope Hardy shows some remorse like Vick did. I'm sure he's been instructed not to speak about it until the NFL decides on punishment, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt as to why he hasn't crawled on his knees begging forgiveness yet.

Agreed that he does deserve a 2nd chance if he actually owns up to his actions. Problem is, will that happen? In court he pleaded not guilty and lost. Then appealed the decision as well and won because she didn't show. I think if we get an apology it will be apologizing for the circumstance in general.

100000% Agree that Vick has changed his life around. Not only has he kept his nose clean, but he has went above and beyond what was asked of him.

What Michael did was the exception, not the rule," Luzinski said. "He didn't have to do this. The law allows you to skate by and pay your creditors 10 or 20 cents on the dollar, but he thought this was the right thing to do."

Vick said he could have filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy instead of Chapter 11, which he ultimately chose. The former would have meant most of his debts would have been forgiven.

"I didn't want to stiff people who never stiffed me," Vick said.

The crying will be monumental if he is signed. Please make it happen DQ.

The crying is monumental around here no matter what

Nah, I think we have become accustomed to watching Brees burn us on 3rd and long. This place would go in a coma if we actually saw a talented pass rusher, take down a QB not named Ryan. The only sacks we seem to get now, is when the QB runs into one of our guys.

chazbykr, Ironhead1956 and Borat like this

I don't think that "monumental" will properly describe the level of man tears that will flood the streets. It will GARGANTUAN !!! I too am hoping DQ & TD get this guy in here just to watch these women here fall out.

D#x3 likes this

I don't think that "monumental" will properly describe the level of man tears that will flood the streets. It will GARGANTUAN !!! I too am hoping DQ & TD get this guy in here just to watch these women here fall out.

wrong choice of words when talking about a guy that beats women.

What amuses me about this debate? If I walked around polling people about who Greg Hardy is, 90% wouldn't have a clue.

What amuses me about this debate is we now have a couple of posters (not you) basically questioning the manhood of anyone who doesn't want to sign Hardy. This is a game we're talking about here.

Greg Hardy - DL - Free Agent

Teams believe free agent Greg Hardy will be suspended for the first six games of next season.

Source: The MMQB

That would explain why Hardy hasn't drawn much interest in free agency. King also says any team that signs Hardy will face a "public battering" for associating with a player tied to a domestic violence scandal. Despite his obvious talent, signing Hardy is a risky proposition.

There must be a concerted effort to make Hardy look badder than he already does.. I can say that his situation is nowhere near as bad as Ray Rice's situation. I don't believe the public cares as much as the NFL thinks. I doubt there will be much "public battering" to the team he joins, especially since he probably wont return til week 6. By then the season will be in full gear and nobody will be focused on it..

Greg Hardy - DL - Free Agent

Teams believe free agent Greg Hardy will be suspended for the first six games of next season.

Source: The MMQB

That would explain why Hardy hasn't drawn much interest in free agency. King also says any team that signs Hardy will face a "public battering" for associating with a player tied to a domestic violence scandal. Despite his obvious talent, signing Hardy is a risky proposition.

Because they've waited so long to announce the punishment, Hardy's legal team and the NFLPA lawyers should have a lawsuit ready to be filed the second the punishment is handed down. I don't see how they can justify the 6 game suspension with the charges ultimately being dismissed, regardless of the reason they were dismissed.

chazbykr likes this

wrong choice of words when talking about a guy that beats women.

Meh. I don't care. Dudes around here act like this is the worst thing they've ever heard of next to executing babies. There have been so so so so so many domestic violence cases in sports and entertainment that nobody can keep count of them all. Yet, this guy is being drug across the coals because all of these new millinium electronic selfie tweeters who know more about hugging trees than football, wanna get a pound of his flesh for pc sake. Go knit a cat cozy.

Do 281 people still want to sign someone who is facing a 6 game suspension? How he's going to help our pass rush during the 6 games he's standing on the sidelines?

Meh. I don't care. Dudes around here act like this is the worst thing they've ever heard of next to executing babies. There have been so so so so so many domestic violence cases in sports and entertainment that nobody can keep count of them all. Yet, this guy is being drug across the coals because all of these new millinium electronic selfie tweeters who know more about hugging trees than football, wanna get a pound of his flesh for pc sake. Go knit a cat cozy.

yeah heaven forbid he actually admit wrong doing and treat women with respect.

yeah heaven forbid he actually admit wrong doing and treat women with respect.

If he does, great! If he doesn't, I couldn't care less than I already do. He is a good football player that I would not mind having play on the team I follow. I don't give a crap about what he does on his personal time. Just show up and play well on Sunday.

If he does, great! If he doesn't, I couldn't care less than I already do. He is a good football player that I would not mind having play on the team I follow. I don't give a crap about what he does on his personal time. Just show up and play well on Sunday.

hard to show up and play on sunday when you are suspended by the league.