Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TSprings

Would You Like The Falcons To Sign Greg Hardy

380 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be OK with the Falcons signing Greg Hardy?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

332 posts in this topic

Just wanted to make your day. "Greg Hardy"; "Greg Hardy" ; "Greg Hardy"

I didn't want to make this accusation before, but I was strongly suspicious that you are less than 20 years old when you were posting about how you hope the Falcons front office reads this thread so they will sign Hardy. Now I'm fairly certain it's true.

Clark Kent™ and chazbykr like this

I voted "No" because of what I know today, and for this same reason he has not been greatly pursued by so many teams in need of a pash rush, first among these are our Atlanta Falcons.

Don't overlook the underlined above ^.

However...

Here is how my vote could become a "Yes." Greg Hardy show some honestly, remorse and regret.

Unless someone on here is a Priest, Minister, Rabbi, etc., you probably will not have character, standards and values any higher in your selection process than I do for my employees. However, having made some particularly really stupid decisions in my youth (and even now, occasionally), I am a firm believer in forgiveness and redemption. But first, one must admit their mistake, ask for forgiveness, and then change their behavior, for behavior never lies...unlike the words from one's tongue! Judge me on my actions, not my words.

Mike Vick, for example, did some atrocious things and I was just as angry toward him and what he did as anyone else. But, this man stood in front of the cameras, admitted his wrong, asked for forgiveness, and to my knowledge has never come remotely close to such heinous acts again; paraphrased, he changed his behavior...and behavior never lies. For this, should I ever see him again and have the opportunity I will reach first to shake his hand and congratulate him.

I'd do the same for Greg Hardy and anyone else who, as I have, who occasionally fails at this thing called "life" and then changes for the betterment of all mankind.

We can keep doing what we have always done and we shouldn't expect to win a Superbowl. I admit he may be a bad guy or he may just be a dumb guy but he is a difference maker. We have NO difference makers on our defense. If we are not interested in him then no one here should be upset if we don't have a good season or are not competitive in the playoffs, should we make it that far. Just my two cents.

chazbykr and sdogg like this

Here is how my vote could become a "Yes." Greg Hardy show some honestly, remorse and regret.

some people fail to understand that logic. second chances are usually only given upon admission of error or fault.

I voted "No" because of what I know today, and for this same reason he has not been greatly pursued by so many teams in need of a pash rush, first among these are our Atlanta Falcons.

Don't overlook the underlined above ^.

However...

Unless someone on here is a Priest, Minister, Rabbi, etc., you probably will not have character, standards and values any higher in your selection process than I do for my employees. However, having made some particularly really stupid decisions in my youth (and even now, occasionally), I am a firm believer in forgiveness and redemption. But first, one must admit their mistake, ask for forgiveness, and then change their behavior, for behavior never lies...unlike the words from one's tongue! Judge me on my actions, not my words.

Mike Vick, for example, did some atrocious things and I was just as angry toward him and what he did as anyone else. But, this man stood in front of the cameras, admitted his wrong, asked for forgiveness, and to my knowledge has never come remotely close to such heinous acts again; paraphrased, he changed his behavior...and behavior never lies. For this, should I ever see him again and have the opportunity I will reach first to shake his hand and congratulate him.

I'd do the same for Greg Hardy and anyone else who, as I have, who occasionally fails at this thing called "life" and then changes for the betterment of all mankind.

I believe in second chances for everyone. There should be a distinction made though that second chances given to a regular member of society is a different situation when you start talking about a professional football player, and whether or not that person should have the privilege of being paid millions to play a game and entertain people.

With that being said, I hope Hardy shows some remorse like Vick did. I'm sure he's been instructed not to speak about it until the NFL decides on punishment, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt as to why he hasn't crawled on his knees begging forgiveness yet.

My biggest gripe with considering signing him right now is he's not going to suit up for all 16 games next season, despite being healthy, and we don't know how many games he'll miss. How do you decide on compensation in that situation?

I didn't want to make this accusation before, but I was strongly suspicious that you are less than 20 years old when you were posting about how you hope the Falcons front office reads this thread so they will sign Hardy. Now I'm fairly certain it's true.

Why thank you! I'm actually a little older as I've been a frustrated fan for 49 yrs. Watched Tommy Nobis and Randy Johnson make an appearance at Piedmont park in "66. Was so proud of my city then. New NFL team; the Braves. Was a magical time. If I'm cynical now it's because we keep finding ways to lose, actually inventing new ways. If that upset you baiting that guy with rolling eye post, excuse me. You post good stuff. Anyway it can't be a secret I want Hardy here. Maybe pushing too hard. selah

Ironhead1956 likes this

That's not true. I voted yes but if he murdered a girl I woukdnt want him on any NFL team. I have a daughter and I just had a physical altercation with my own father because he was about to hit her. I don't condone what hardy did at all but I also don't condemn him. Especially if this is the only domestic case he's ever had. I was once young and stupid too. We've all made emotional mistakes in our lives. Some of us learn from them, others not so much. The lesson in this is stay away from gold digging b!tches with a coke problem that make you want to put your hands on them when they cheat with a richer rapper. If he learned the lesson from this I'd give him another shot but on a very short leash.

This is pretty much how I feel....yea, Hardy is a total azzhole but he plays football with murderous intent. He knows now that one more fk up ends his privileged existence. I'm sure he likes money.

This might sound chitty, but I am not emotionally vested in either Hardy or the gold digger. I don't know these people and I'm not going to go all moral judgement on their confrontation. She was a cokehead and after one thing, and I'm sure it was not his good looks or winning personality. She might have spit in his face and called his mother a whore because he would not give up any more dope money that day. Who dafk knows ?

Bottom line if his suspension is only a couple games I want to make a play for him on a decent prove it contract. No one is gonna touch him until the NFL rules on his case. If he gets off lite he is gonna get multiple offers, just a matter of how much. I would not want to break the bank for him or give him a bunch of guaranteed money, but I want to leave our options open with him.

Ironhead1956 and chazbykr like this

Why thank you! I'm actually a little older as I've been a frustrated fan for 49 yrs. Watched Tommy Nobis and Randy Johnson make an appearance at Piedmont park in "66. Was so proud of my city then. New NFL team; the Braves. Was a magical time. If I'm cynical now it's because we keep finding ways to lose, actually inventing new ways. If that upset you baiting that guy with rolling eye post, excuse me. You post good stuff. Anyway it can't be a secret I want Hardy here. Maybe pushing too hard. selah

Err . . . yeah, my bad.

chazbykr likes this

This is pretty much how I feel....yea, Hardy is a total azzhole but he plays football with murderous intent. He knows now that one more fk up ends his privileged existence. I'm sure he likes money.

This might sound chitty, but I am not emotionally vested in either Hardy or the gold digger. I don't know these people and I'm not going to go all moral judgement on their confrontation. She was a cokehead and after one thing, and I'm sure it was not his good looks or winning personality. She might have spit in his face and called his mother a whore because he would not give up any more dope money that day. Who dafk knows ?

Bottom line if his suspension is only a couple games I want to make a play for him on a decent prove it contract. No one is gonna touch him until the NFL rules on his case. If he gets off lite he is gonna get multiple offers, just a matter of how much. I would not want to break the bank for him or give him a bunch of guaranteed money, but I want to leave our options open with him.

This is how I feel too. I don't know either of them and really have no emotional attachment. Being in the music business I KNOW chics like his ex. Young guys fall for these type of women all the time because they're eye candy. She's into a lifestyle more than the man. If she's on coke that means she also drinks. She's a party girl. I'm not placing blame on her but he has to see women like that coming before he gets in a situation. Classic young man with a little money mistake. And for the record he's not super rich. If he had more money maybe she woukdnt have cheated on him lol. Either way he was wrong, she was wrong, it all went wrong and he's suffering for it. But I woukdnt necessarily stop him from being a falcon if this is his only offense. He just has a red flag and a very short leash and has to PROVE he learned from that.
chazbykr likes this

Hardy has been getting into trouble since college. Time for him to grow up. Nobody forces you to put your hands on anyone. You do it cause that's what you wanted to do at the time. I have no sympathy. You make your decisions. No excuses

Clark Kent™ likes this

Just ignore that clown man. All he does is come over here and talk about the posters instead of talking about the Falcons. He offers no contribution to the subject just barbs and attacks of posters. For some reason he seems to think everyone should post according to his code of conduct.

This is how I feel too. I don't know either of them and really have no emotional attachment. Being in the music business I KNOW chics like his ex. Young guys fall for these type of women all the time because they're eye candy. She's into a lifestyle more than the man. If she's on coke that means she also drinks. She's a party girl. I'm not placing blame on her but he has to see women like that coming before he gets in a situation. Classic young man with a little money mistake. And for the record he's not super rich. If he had more money maybe she woukdnt have cheated on him lol. Either way he was wrong, she was wrong, it all went wrong and he's suffering for it. But I woukdnt necessarily stop him from being a falcon if this is his only offense. He just has a red flag and a very short leash and has to PROVE he learned from that.

Actually this post is extremely one sided towards siding with Greg Hardy

And I lol'd at "if he had more money maybe she wouldn't have cheated". Like that matters. The money may draw females in, but if he was a few million dollars richer its not like she's gonna decide to not cheat. Especially if like you said "she's into a lifestyle more than the man". There is always someone who is more rich.

You'd be a dumb son of gun to lay down with Greg Hardys girlfriend. Jus sayin. Lol

Just ignore that clown man. All he does is come over here and talk about the posters instead of talking about the Falcons. He offers no contribution to the subject just barbs and attacks of posters. For some reason he seems to think everyone should post according to his code of conduct.

Yeah, I NEVER talk football, ok 70.

I think a man hitting a woman is totally wrong regardless of the circumstances and I have a daugther. I think when your young and have money you do very stupid things and from what I heard about her she has too. I think to probably help his cause right now would be to come out and make some kind of explanation or an apology especially if he is looking for a team to commit to him. I voted yes because nobody is perfect and we all make stupid decisions. But if he is in the Red and Black then I will route hard for him. However I think that any team he signs with is going to have a very strict behavioral clause attached to it.

TheFatboi and birdz4i like this

How many alts voted. There are probably 15-20 regulars everyday but dam near 400 total votes. Something ain't adding up

lol, So what you saying??emot-munch.gif

Thanks for standing with me man, really. But my take on MDRAKE is he calls it like he sees it. Only want honest heart felt opinions here. Just my take. We don't own this sucker but in many ways we are the Falcons. We're all in for these birds and it shows in these forums. We all want the same thing. " just win baby"

mdrake34 likes this

Actually this post is extremely one sided towards siding with Greg Hardy

And I lol'd at "if he had more money maybe she wouldn't have cheated". Like that matters. The money may draw females in, but if he was a few million dollars richer its not like she's gonna decide to not cheat. Especially if like you said "she's into a lifestyle more than the man". There is always someone who is more rich.

I'm not being short sided. I'm just speaking from a stance I understand with that lifestyle. I'm speaking more from the succesful man just not getting involved with the wrong kind of women. It's not about sides. I live this same kind of life. In talking about the same thing they talk about at the rookie symposium. If you want to stay out of trouble don't put yourself in bad situations. I'm not even talking about the actual fight. Moreso on putting yourself in a bad spot. He's the one with sonething to lose. A promising career now put in danger because he wanted eye candy and in sure he saw the red flags in the beginning. And the same goes for her. She wanted a guy with a little status and she bypassed red flags for that. I will always speak from that standpoint because I live that life. You have to be strong and avoid certain type of women that will knock you off your square.

As far as the money? It does matter. It's levels to this and it's only so high up on the ladder a Thot can go. Richer guys woukdnt make her their girl. They'd just hit it and quit it. Hardy hasn't been playing the money gane long enough so he's wifing thots. That's what I mean about if he was richer. He's still learning how to be rich. I've been playing with money since 2001 so I've had to learn these same lessons in talking about. I didn't come from money like hardy so you have to learn about it as a grown man. You may have money and if you do you understand what I mean. Then again, most of the guys here are married and don't live my kind of lifestyle so maybe some can't relate but there's a difference bro.

ya_boi_j and blkbigdog35 like this

I think a man hitting a woman is totally wrong regardless of the circumstances and I have a daugther. I think when your young and have money you do very stupid things and from what I heard about her she has too. I think to probably help his cause right now would be to come out and make some can of explanation or an apology especially if he is looking for a team to commit to him. I voted yes because nobody is perfect and we all make stupid decisions. But if he is in the Red and Black then I will route hard for him. However I think that any team he signs with is going to have a very strict behavioral clause attached to it.

I agree with this.