Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TSprings

Would You Like The Falcons To Sign Greg Hardy

380 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be OK with the Falcons signing Greg Hardy?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

332 posts in this topic

Im sitting here trying to see If I would like anyone else to be on this team. Do I want a washed-up injury prone Orakpo (I live in WSH) or a under-producing role player in Derrick Morgan? Not really, we signed players with upside, that haven't produced on the field. I dont think we need many more of thoes...

A month ago I would not have given Greg Hardy a chance, just based on what I head on the news about him, but I went on youtube and watched highlights and then I got to watching some interviews. And what I see is a competitor. I watch him trash talking the Falcons, and then I watch him go on ESPN, and appear very put together (I know anyone can appear how they want to, but it does take a certain person to look put-together). I would not have thought THAT is a guy who would have town his girlfriend on a bed full of guns and threatened to kill her. Now charges were dropped, so I guess no one really knows what happened, but I have seen to come around to Greg Hardy. I think if we give him a chance, he will do well. He talked about how he was a former projected 1st rounder, then the next year they told him 3rd until he was drafted in the 6th and how that motivated him. I think if we give him that chance, he will be motivated to work for us.

I do say this with caution, but I think hes worth a contract, especially one reflecting his situation.

Greg Hardy on ESPN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_xLbKGG6YQ

Greg Hardy after beating Falcons

So I vote to unleash the Kraken in ATL.

chazbykr and MoundBred like this

I mean, I'm not hanging out with the guy, he didn't kill anyone and he went through the justice system. A lot of you don't believe in second chances, but I just want my team to win a superbowl. If he helps us do that, and he gets along with people in the locker room, then why not. Just my take.

I mean, I'm not hanging out with the guy, he didn't kill anyone and he went through the justice system. A lot of you don't believe in second chances, but I just want my team to win a superbowl. If he helps us do that, and he gets along with people in the locker room, then why not. Just my take.

If he comes here, alright, but one thing people really need to understand is that he didn't go through the justice system...not really. She didn't show up to court. About as innocent as OJ Simpson.

That aside, the Falcons are going to be my team regardless.

hjerry and Clark Kent™ like this

If he comes here, alright, but one thing people really need to understand is that he didn't go through the justice system...not really. She didn't show up to court. About as innocent as OJ Simpson.

That aside, the Falcons are going to my team regardless.

This ^

And this was after he was already found guilty by a judge. So she would have no incentive to not show up because her case was already strong.

In other words, he payed her off (my opinion).

birdz4i likes this

Yes would instantly upgrade our pass rush pair him with our signings and vic beasley/ fowler/ gregory / ray or dupree and our defense will be whole lot better than last year and years before sign that man

i think the thing is..is second chances normally come with an admission of error or apology. the only thing he has apologized for, was being a distraction to the team. he was found guilty. the only reason it got dismissed is because she did not show up for the sentencing proceedings. he never admitted doing anything wrong, even if it is indirectly by saying i should have never put myself in the position or whatever PR written message was given to him to read. and i believe that is why you are not hearing much interest in him league wide.

That aside, the Falcons are going to my team regardless.

actually he did go through the justice system. He originally stood trial in front of a judge who convicted him on the charges. He then exercised his right to trial by jury and the conviction was suspended pending the results of that trial.

The rest you know it never made it to the second trial because the victim refused to cooperate by skipping town after reaching a financial settlement agreement with Hardy. The prosecution was forced to dismiss the charges and the conviction.

kingslasher likes this

This ^

And this was after he was already found guilty by a judge. So she would have no incentive to not show up because her case was already strong.

In other words, he payed her off (my opinion).

thats fair. you could also say she pressed charges for the money and got what she wanted, since she didnt show up and all...

PokerSteve and D#x3 like this

Plenty of other NFL players have been given 2nd chances, why not Hardy?

He fills our biggest need, is only 26 yrs old & not chronically injured or a draft bust.

Who knows what happened but his ex evidently forgave him since she never went through the court case & is out spending his $$ now.

If you ever want a competitive Def in the NFL you need a game changer like Hardy & no others are available.

We are lucky that he's available but some other team will get him (NO, TB, Tenn, Jax, Cinci) since our FO won't bring him here.
Beast-N-Da-Sheetz and chopshop like this