Things Are Looking Up

I was nervous when I was told late March 9th we would not be taking anything but mid tier players. I was very nervous. Thing is, it is all starting to come together. With the Schofield and Reed pick, the Clayborn signing doesn't hurt even a little bit. Durant is also a big piece if he stays healthy, but if not you still have Reed and Schofield. Very good versatile moves.

The only thing for me now is to bring in a Safety, OL, and TE and I think we can start getting some camp bodies and prepping for the draft.

Reed was a dream draft pick for me years ago, I am pleased to have him. Schofield was my one dream pick for reasons I will explain later on. (cough...dog...cough junkyard dog).

My dream signings from here are...

Safety: Jeron Johnson

OL: Doug Legursky, Jah Reid, Stefan Wisniewski, Fernando Velasco, Chris Hairston, Marshall Newhouse

TE: Jermaine Gresham, Scott Chandler, James Casey

*Bonus* WR: Hakeen Nicks, Stevie Johnson, Denarius Moore, Darius Heyward-Bey

Would get Trent Richardson and see how he works in ZBS... No thanks.Too much talking.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was nervous when I was told late March 9th we would not be taking anything but mid tier players. I was very nervous. Thing is, it is all starting to come together. With the Schofield and Reed pick, the Clayborn signing doesn't hurt even a little bit. Durant is also a big piece if he stays healthy, but if not you still have Reed and Schofield. Very good versatile moves.

The only thing for me now is to bring in a Safety, OL, and TE and I think we can start getting some camp bodies and prepping for the draft.

Reed was a dream draft pick for me years ago, I am pleased to have him. Schofield was my one dream pick for reasons I will explain later on. (cough...dog...cough junkyard dog).

OL: Doug Legursky, Jah Reid, Stefan Wisniewski, Fernando Velasco, Chris Hairston, Marshall Newhouse

Would get Trent Richardson and see how he works in ZBS...

So now I'm the pessimist?How and when did this happen?

Guest Mr Plow

Trent got paid, got fat, and lost interest. No thanks ... don't want a guy like that on our team, even if he played for free.

I'm feeling better about things myself. Really love the Schofield and Hankerson picks... didn't think we'd land either. Durant and Reed are fitting in nicely now too. Still some things that are cause for concern but... I'm satiated until the draft now no matter what else we do in FA.

Would love any of your other FA picks, besides Chandler. Especially Stevie, Bey, and Gresham.

Would get Trent Richardson and see how he works in ZBS...

I thought Wisniewski signed to the Bucs or something?

His career in the NFL suggests there is no reward with him. It's become pretty clear he relied on just being bigger and stronger up until the NFL to get by and he hasn't adjusted at all.

Fair enough. But we have nothing to lose giving him a shot, and he has everything to lose by not getting it together.

We WILL NOT be the worst defense in the league this year and I don't like to make proclamations but I feel very very good about this one. Especially if we end up with Beasley/Ray in the draft.

I've said this in a couple of threads today but I believe these guys we have signed on defense are the building blocks to a superb defense that should be arriving in atlanta within the next couple of years. With the way TD handles the cap you either get one big splash and scrubs, or a plethora of mid-tier guys. This was NOT the year for the splash. When you go into an offseason needing an upgrade at all 3 LB positions and both DE positions on top of needing a safety that's 6 players and you simply cannot fill those holes with Justin Houston.

Not sure we are even done yet but we are starting to be in a position where next season, we should not have many holes to fill on defense and it's more likely that we can go out and get a guy like Justin Houston to turn us from a middle of the pack defense, to a top 10 defense. Add all of this on top of an offense that I don't see being bad anytime soon and we could make some noise right as we are getting ready to get into our new stadium which is exactly what everyone wants!

Trent Richardson could be resurgent like Marshawn Lynch was after a few years in the league.

Not the same. Lynch was good his first two years before having an off 3rd and 4th while going through personal issues. Richardson has been cheeks from day one