Are We Sure Quinn Is Trying To Replicate The Seahawks Defense?

Nino11

The Seahawks defense is great and probably something every team in the league would want....but do we want to go chasing other people's glory? I know it's a copy cat league and blase blase but I don't want to be the lame attempt at a sequel after the first movie went so well. What if Quinn has a different vision of how to run his team?

I think Pete Carroll made it clear that he has carried his defensive philosophy since early in his career. If Quinn shares that same philosophy, he can't help but to replicate it. However, he has been in 3-4 defenses in the NFL and thus may tweak his overall philosophy to fit what he's always wanted to do since he is now our head coach.

I say that to say that I'd expect a Seahawk's defense with small tweaks to make it distinctive and fit his players.

I think Pete Carroll made it clear that he has carried his defensive philosophy since early in his career. If Quinn shares that same philosophy, he can't help but to replicate it. However, he has been in 3-4 defenses in the NFL and thus may tweak his overall philosophy to fit what he's always wanted to do since he is now our head coach.

I say that to say that I'd expect a Seahawk's defense with small tweaks to make it distinctive and fit his players.

If he chose to attempt it and it works that would be great just seem like that's hard to do. This board would (or will) explode if we don't become the 2nd coming of Legion of Boom

He's just building it the way he wants to build it and feels will be successful. Doesn't mean he's copying what he coached in Seattle.

Fans aren't gonna be happy because they aren't big named players but if this team is successful and the pass rush is improved, those frowns will slowly go away.

Do what you do coach Quinn

Just basing this opinion off of what he did in Seattle, Florida, and the language being used...but I do think it'll be a similar defense, albeit with more single blitzers. Scheme in Seattle before he got there was a 4-3 Over, as you know, they currently run a 4-3 Under, which is already pretty similar to the 3-4 Hybrid he ran in Florida. That said, I didn't watch the Seahawks much last year, and I'm not that familiar with his defenses over time...guess we'll have to wait and see. Regardless, I don't want to be the Seahawks. I want it to be the Falcons defense. We've got a lot of young players on defense right now, a lot of people with something to prove. Stir up those grudges and we could see something interesting.

Draft is going to affect a lot though, as of now I'm not convinced of anything.

He's just building it the way he wants to build it and feels will be successful. Doesn't mean he's copying what he coached in Seattle.

Fans aren't gonna be happy because they aren't big named players but if this team is successful and the pass rush is improved, those frowns will slowly go away.

Do what you do coach Quinn

I get the sense his foundations and basic principles will be Pete Carroll like as far as simple but aggressive scheme but I just wonder how he will fare as opposed to Gus Bradley who I think already tred to remake Seattle in Jacksonville. He even signed a couple of Seahawks his first year

As long as this D is average next year, I'll be a happy camper. I do expect to be in the top 10 defense in 2-3 years if we draft/sign well.

You and me both as long as the offense doesn't regress. Average defense and average run game makes a Super Bowl contenders I think but it's not as easy as it is simple

Just basing this opinion off of what he did in Seattle, Florida, and the language being used...but I do think it'll be a similar defense, albeit with more single blitzers. Scheme in Seattle before he got there was a 4-3 Over, as you know, they currently run a 4-3 Under, which is already pretty similar to the 3-4 Hybrid he ran in Florida. That said, I didn't watch the Seahawks much last year, and I'm not that familiar with his defenses over time...guess we'll have to wait and see. Regardless, I don't want to be the Seahawks. I want it to be the Falcons defense. We've got a lot of young players on defense right now, a lot of people with something to prove. Stir up those grudges and we could see something interesting.

Draft is going to affect a lot though, as of now I'm not convinced of anything.

Would be nice if our defense us the one other teams in the league wants. Don't think we ever had one of those since I have been a fan

The Seahawks defense is great and probably something every team in the league would want....but do we want to go chasing other people's glory? I know it's a copy cat league and blase blase but I don't want to be the lame attempt at a sequel after the first movie went so well. What if Quinn has a different vision of how to run his team?

I doubt it because he's not going to find an Earl Thomas type of safety because it's more or less Ed Reed in his prime... And that's very hard to find.