Falcons Not Ruled Out Of Derrick Morgan Yet

Doesn't rule them out for DE Derrick Morgan, but again, Falcons have now added Adrian Clayborn and O'Brien Schofield as pass-rushers today.

It'd be interesting if we signed Morgan still after are last 2 signings, If they were to sign him Id have to imagine they have a different plan at the 8th overall pick other then Passrusher

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I hope we do get Morgan, but I hope it's to allow us to cut Maponga and maybe Matthews.

We still need to go pass rush at no. 8 unless an absolute stud of a player at another position of need falls to us. I can't think of who that might be right now.

I think Schofield and Clayborn are rotational guys, so I can see us getting Morgan still. #8 will be a rook, so cant rely on him for all the sacks.

agreed. there is plenty of room for Schofield, Clayborn, Morgan and Beasley.

remember:

Clayborn is on a 1yr deal and he would likely kick inside to D-Tackle in nickel defense. This would leave you w/ rotation of #8-pick passrusher(Beasley), Schofield and Morgan.

3 man rotation for passrush is what you need. (Morgan, Schofield and say Beasley).

If it was Beasley, he could play irvin LB role off edge.

He's not a LB. He's a pass rusher. That's his only skill set. And he's too small to be an effective every down play at DE. He was 220 last year people. He put on a lot of weight for the combine, but he will never keep it through a 20 game season.

Yeah, I hope we do get Morgan, but I hope it's to allow us to cut Maponga and maybe Matthews.

We still need to go pass rush at no. 8 unless an absolute stud of a player at another position of need falls to us. I can't think of who that might be right now.

Kevin White would be tough but Beasley would still be needed with Clayborn only on a 1yd contract.

I wouldn't cut anybody

Edited by ATLFalcons11

He's not a LB. He's a pass rusher. That's his only skill set. And he's too small to be an effective every down play at DE. He was 220 last year people. He put on a lot of weight for the combine, but he will never keep it through a 20 game season.

You'd have a point if he put on weight and didn't do well at the combine, but instead he blew it up and made what you just said look like brain dead drivel.

I want us to sign one more pass rush FA whether it's Morgan, Orakpo or even Hardy I suppose if they would consider him. Then I would still draft the best pass rusher available at 8. The ONLY way I might deviate from picking a pass rushing DE with 8 would be if the scenario occurred that Charley Casserly just mocked on NFL Network and that would be if Leonard Williams somehow fell to us at 8

We also still need to address OL, TE and Safety in FA as well.

You'd have a point if he put on weight and didn't do well at the combine, but instead he blew it up and made what you just said look like brain dead drivel.

I coached for 14 years and I doubt you've been out of your mothers basement long enough to understand that an athlete that bulks up for an event in shorts is not gojng to keep that weight on for a 6 month season where he is getting beat on every day.

I also followed Beasley's career at Clemson. He played DE at 220 because he didn't have the skill set to play LB. Just because a guy beefs up for the combine doesn't mean he can keep it on. I'm skeptical. I would much prefer Shane Ray or Dante Fowler. If they are not there, then take BPA.

I want us to sign one more pass rush FA whether it's Morgan, Orakpo or even Hardy I suppose if they would consider him. Then I would still draft the best pass rusher available at 8. The ONLY way I might deviate from picking a pass rushing DE with 8 would be if the scenario occurred that Charley Casserly just mocked on NFL Network and that would be if Leonard Williams somehow fell to us at 8

We also still need to address OL, TE and Safety in FA as well.

Not enough money to do all of that. I think pass rush is done (up to debate how well it was done, but it's done) until the draft.

Still hoping for Jermaine Gresham for TE...