Question To R C Regs Re: Saints Offseason Moves

SaintsFanInLA

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the moves they are making are already vindicated. they're doing what they're supposed to do. this is how a team gets out from under cap ****.

it isnt about "this season" anymore...crazy mickey is thinking long terms. some of you homers are still trying to cling on to the fantasy that everything is cool, but whatever..

really doesnt mean anything if they make the playoffs or not. these moves are result of what's happened, not an indicator for what's to come

the moves they are making are already vindicated. they're doing what they're supposed to do. this is how a team gets out from under cap ****.

it isnt about "this season" anymore...crazy mickey is thinking long terms. some of you homers are still trying to cling on to the fantasy that everything is cool, but whatever..

really doesnt mean anything if they make the playoffs or not. these moves are result of what's happened, not an indicator for what's to come

So, basically, no matter if the moves work in our favor or not, you were right because they were made?

That way you can't actually be wrong.

So, basically, no matter if the moves work in our favor or not, you were right because they were made?

That way you can't actually be wrong.

im already right...at this point i. am. right. whatever happen from here on out, does not change this very moment in time

i.

am.

right.

spent to much.

signed to many.

cap h e l l

goodnight

now if your ax'n

is it cap h e l l if they can quickly get out of it....the answer is

absolutely..

but what would you rather do if you were a gm....manage your team like business as usual, or get out from under cap h e l l?

So again the question, how is a 7-9 team suppose to approach the offseason? Mind you, cap H3ll or not the players that were on the team last season contributed to the losing record.

I am on record saying numerous time I hated the JG trade, no spin, exceptions, or excuses. The other moves, I am digging cause staying pat wasn't going to automatically make this a winning team, and before anyone says it, I'm not saying these moves gurantee anything either. All I'm saying is something had to be done, and whether it was the right or wrong moves is still yet to be determined

So, just so I am clear...a team that went 7-9 one year, if they make moves (that all of the geniuses on RC proclaim are ridiculous) and those moves result in, let's say winning the division or winning in the playoffs or winning the SB, it doesn't matter because the ONLY reason the did the moves is because of cap ****? Ok, got it, reason and accountability don't exist here. No place for that tripe. LOLOL

im already right...at this point i. am. right. whatever happen from here on out, does not change this very moment in time

i.

am.

right.

spent to much.

signed to many.

cap h e l l

goodnight

So basically, yes, to my question.

Kenny Stills and his $600,000 salary were really going to get us out of "cap ****". The Saints are trying to make improvements. Whether I agree with all of the moves or not. I'm happy with that.

So again the question, how is a 7-9 team suppose to approach the offseason? Mind you, cap H3ll or not the players that were on the team last season contributed to the losing record. I am on record saying numerous time I hated the JG trade, no spin, exceptions, or excuses. The other moves, I am digging cause staying pat wasn't going to automatically make this a winning team, and before anyone says it, I'm not saying these moves gurantee anything either. All I'm saying is something had to be done, and whether it was the right or wrong moves is still yet to be determined

a 7 and 9 team needs to upgrade its players...you cant do that if you've tied up so much money...theyre doing exactly what needs to be done to improve the team.

lets be real though, had mickey made some better decisions with the contracts he wrote, he isnt cutting and trading away so many players...the room would have been there to bring in new guys and develop them.

So basically, yes, to my question.

Kenny Stills and his $600,000 salary were really going to get us out of "cap ****". The Saints are trying to make improvements. Whether I agree with all of the moves or not. I'm happy with that.

look man, it aint all black and white... not every single move is because of money, no one ever said that...but its a fact grubbs made to much money and hes no where near as bad as some of you are trying to make it sound

So, just so I am clear...a team that went 7-9 one year, if they make moves (that all of the geniuses on RC proclaim are ridiculous) and those moves result in, let's say winning the division or winning in the playoffs or winning the SB, it doesn't matter because the ONLY reason the did the moves is because of cap ****? Ok, got it, reason and accountability don't exist here. No place for that tripe. LOLOL

im not exactly sure what youre talking about... if they win the super bowl or whatever it'll mean they did a great job scouting out players and adjusting their bad schemes..

i wish you guys would just think about what you're saying for a minute.

If they make the playoffs, what good was the whole "cap ****" thing? I get you're enjoying "cap ****" because the team should theoretically be worse off but if they're not, doesn't that take the fun out of it?

look man, it aint all black and white... not every single move is because of money, no one ever said that...but its a fact grubbs made to much money and hes no where near as bad as some of you are trying to make it sound

Grubbs was given too much money, yes. When he signed he was widely considered one of the best guards in the league. He just hasn't lived up to that billing. Blame that on who you may. He was bad last year. Bad.

In cap **** but gained a top 5 center, another 1st round pick, Brandon Browner, possibly CJ Spiller, and got rid of an aging, underperforming guard in exchange for Jimmy Graham.

Terrible!

lol here we go

but wow just imagine had your team been more responsible with the cap you could have all that stuff and not had to lose jimmy FKIN graham

If they make the playoffs, what good was the whole "cap ****" thing? I get you're enjoying "cap ****" because the team should theoretically be worse off but if they're not, doesn't that take the fun out of it?

the fact they traded off graham kind of takes the wind out of it, because that move goes along way...the fun of it though is the fact that they actually had to trade jimmy graham and i can laugh at all of you for being wrong

a 7 and 9 team needs to upgrade its players...you cant do that if you've tied up so much money...theyre doing exactly what needs to be done to improve the team.

lets be real though, had mickey made some better decisions with the contracts he wrote, he isnt cutting and trading away so many players...the room would have been there to bring in new guys and develop them.

That's not necessarily true, and the only reason I say that is the team has been 7-9 two out of the last three seasons, with a bottom feeder defense in both of those, and one year of overacheiving. Now did they make some bad deals? Yes, but that doesn't mean changes didn't have to be made to this team. Again, the JG trade was bad IMO, but Grubbs haven't lived up to his contract, but to get something for him without cutting was a good move. That's why I say "cap H3ll" is subjective, cause teams with loads of money to spend can't seem to field a good team.

Who couldn't see this Saints fan spin job coming?

All off season prior to free agency we were told "we will restructure some contracts, cut a few players and BAM be right back in it..."

Now we are being told

"We were 7-9, we knew we had to blow this thing up"

"Curtis Lofton, Pierre Thomas, Jimmy Graham, Ben Grubbs were all washed up anyway"

"We have signed 3 future HoFs while losing a bunch of nobodies, we back"

etc...

Nice sell job Saints fans, but I'm not buying it one bit...

You wish WE'D think about what we're saying?! LOLOLOLOLOLOL That's rich. Physician heal thyself.

hey look i dont expect to say anything to make you understand, or see things objectively, when you respond to me i feel compelled to atleast respond back

remember we were all idiots last week because mickey had intentionally put all these triggers in to get under the cap and no ones contract would be touched...remember that...now please think about what you're saying in the future

lol here we go

but wow just imagine had your team been more responsible with the cap you could have all that stuff and not had to lose jimmy FKIN graham

You act like that was a dumb question. So, you're saying you don't care if they win, as long as they had to get rid of some players for salary cap reasons? You have to admit losing would be a cherry on top, while winning diminishes the enjoyment some.

IT JUST SEEMS FUNNY NO SWAMPER CALLED THIS FIRE SALE HAPPENING? Y'ALL THOUGHT YOU WERE SET JUST BY RESIGNING INGRAM APPARENTLY?

Wtf are you talking about you senile old ****? I don't know why you insist on quoting me, as I've been avoiding your useless *** for a while.

We've all said these moves were going to happen. The only one that came out of left field? Jimmy Graham. But they've said since the end of the season that everyone was being evaluated! What does that tell you!

We all said something would be done with Grubbs.

It's been talked about since before last season that something would be done with Lofton and Hawthorne.

What else has happened? PT? I love PT, but he was barely used with the emergence of Khiry Robinson and his injuries. We saved $1.7 million cutting him. That wasn't a financial move.

Jesus Christ. You guys act like the Sains are just giving players away. Grubbs was going to be cut! Why not take a 5th rounder for him! This fire sale **** is a joke. The Saints are calling around trying to improve their team. When asked who's available, they say everyone. It's that ******* simple. And that's the way it should always be.