Clayborn Got Rich 1 Year $4.5 Millions?

So am I still the only one wondering why we didn't bring back Spoon?

Clayborn has been just as injured and now he is possibly making more than Spoon. The Reed contract was bad in my opinion, Spoon matched his productivity in 3 to 4 games. I'm sorry I'm not drinking the Quinnade like some of the others on this board

Defensive ends cost a lot more than linebackers. Guys who can rush the QB are valued more while LBs are generally viewed as fungible, similar to RBs.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So am I still the only one wondering why we didn't bring back Spoon?

Clayborn has been just as injured and now he is possibly making more than Spoon. The Reed contract was bad in my opinion, Spoon matched his productivity in 3 to 4 games. I'm sorry I'm not drinking the Quinnade like some of the others on this board

You dont know what your talking about. Reed played way more games than Spoon. Bad comparison. Reed is a good player. Stats dont always tell the whole story. Dont forget what we had starting on our defense last year. With the few players we signed so far its an upgrade. Please stop complaining.

So we offered him a substantial amount and he walked away from the home team? IDK about him now. May just be looking for the dollars.

what player dont .... i have zero problem with a man checking his options ... i just want us to sign him

But he only has like 12 career sacks. My biggest gripe is the fact that he has spent half his career on IR.

That's completely valid, which is why the idea of a long term contract for him bothered me. On a one-year deal, he's an affordable solution who can prove himself. He also showed the most as a pass rusher while playing under Raheem Morris, which isn't incidental to this acquisition.

You dont know what your talking about. Reed played way more games than Spoon. Bad comparison. Reed is a good player. Stats dont always tell the whole story. Dont forget what we had starting on our defense last year. With the few players we signed so far its an upgrade. Please stop complaining.

You're making my point. Spoon in 3 or 4 games in a healthy season matched Reeds entire season production.

The amount of money we paid Reed we could have paid Spoon on a incentivized contract like we did with Clayborn. Maybe Spoon who has been complaining about guaranteed contracts balked at our offer but we don't know.

My point is we're complaining about injured players yet we went and signed an injured DE that is supposed to fix our pass rush.

You're making my point. Spoon in 3 or 4 games in a healthy season matched Reeds entire season production.

The amount of money we paid Reed we could have paid Spoon on a incentivized contract like we did with Clayborn. Maybe Spoon who has been complaining about guaranteed contracts balked at our offer but we don't know.

My point is we're complaining about injured players yet we went and signed an injured DE that is supposed to fix our pass rush.

Spoon can't stay on the field and he's heavily relied upon....Reed is big enough to drop some RBs in their tracks....not that Spoon couldn't, but Reed seems to be more durable.

Clayborn Top 15 in pressures for each of his two healthy seasons.

If his injuries were just bad luck, he could be a very nice pick up. Kind of wish we went two years though...

Injuries limited him to 36 of a possible 64 games in Tampa.

I wouldn't call being injured half of a four year NFL career bad luck, more like injury prone.

Prove it contracts can go either way tho... If he has a Pro Bowl type year, another team could come along and steal him. If he tanks, then we move on. I'd rather get him on 2 or 3 yr deal. Long enough to safeguard from the former, but short enough to allow for the latter. lol

But I am glad he is a Falcon.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

Prove it contracts can go either way tho... If he has a Pro Bowl type year, another team could come along and steal him. If he tanks, then we move on. I'd rather get him on 2 or 3 yr deal. Long enough to safeguard from the former, but short enough to allow for the latter. lol

But I am glad he is a Falcon.

If he have a Pro Bowl type year and get the 4.5M....why wouldn't he offer him a more lucrative deal?

Spoon can't stay on the field and he's heavily relied upon....Reed is big enough to drop some RBs in their tracks....not that Spoon couldn't, but Reed seems to be more durable.

I like the Reed signing more than any we've had so far....