Falcons Sign Adrian Clayborn Per Jay Adams/twitter

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't Lie, I remember that draft and I wanted him at the spot we were picking before the Julio trade(him or Wilkerson). The dude would run through people. He hardly ever arm tackled someone. I know that was college but he was a monster when it came to running through people. If he can maybe reinvent himself here(maybe a change of teams is something he needs). it could be a steal. Dude has talent, hopefully coach Quinn can tap into it. lets be real Tampas defense hasn't been good at all since Brooks left them(not saying ours has but new coach and with it new ideas).

Won't Lie, I remember that draft and I wanted him at the spot we were picking before the Julio trade(him or Wilkerson). The dude would run through people. He hardly ever arm tackled someone. I know that was college but he was a monster when it came to running through people. If he can maybe reinvent himself here(maybe a change of teams is something he needs). it could be a steal. Dude has talent, hopefully coach Quinn can tap into it. lets be real Tampas defense hasn't been good at all since Brooks left them(not saying ours has but new coach and with it new ideas).

Yea, loved him coming out of Iowa but ......that was then, this is now....

I don't really understand. I would have been ok with Clayborn and Morgan. Clayborn has basically spent 2 of his 4 season on IR (at least not on the field). He is not a sack guy, more of a LDE, the strong side. Maybe they will move Jackson inside? Clayborn has been productive when he played, but it looks as if we are doing what the Braves did. Sign every pitcher coming off season ending surgery or have had one in the past.

It's better than nothing, but with the cap money, why not sign Morgan?

I dont think this move affects our attempt at Morgan. Clayborne at 280+ fits the 5Tech/Michael Bennett mold while Morgan at around 260 fits in at either SAM or LEO.Im expecting Clayborne's deal to be in the 3.5-4m area.They need to go ahead and offer Morgan a deal similar to B.Graham

I don't really understand. I would have been ok with Clayborn and Morgan. Clayborn has basically spent 2 of his 4 season on IR (at least not on the field). He is not a sack guy, more of a LDE, the strong side. Maybe they will move Jackson inside? Clayborn has been productive when he played, but it looks as if we are doing what the Braves did. Sign every pitcher coming off season ending surgery or have had one in the past.

It's better than nothing, but with the cap money, why not sign Morgan?

Well if we can even get half of the production from our DEs that the Braves get from their slapped together veteran pitching rotations it's an upgrade.

Claybon got rich

vaughn mcclure

Adrian Clayborn will sign a 1-year contract with a max value of $4.5 million, source tells me. Signing bonus unclear.

I choose to be shocked if he plays up to his contract, rather than disappointed if he doesn't.

I don't expect much out of Clayborn, for him just staying healthy is a major accomplishment.

Falcons agreed to terms with DE Adrian Clayborn, formerly of the Bucs.

Clayborn was limited to just one game by a torn biceps last season, but notched 5.5 sacks in 955 snaps the year before.
Injuries limited him to 36 of a possible 64 games in Tampa.
Clayborn is by no means a dominating presence, but was one of the best edge rushers remaining.
Few teams are less stocked at pass rusher than Atlanta.
Related: Buccaneers

is the CB a depth & special teams signing because this sounds bad as well....

Falcons agreed to terms with CB Phillip Adams, formerly of the Jets.

Claimed off waivers by the Jets last September, Adams appeared in 12 games, making four starts.
He was a liability when on the field, and is just a depth signing for the Falcons.
Related: Jets

Not exactly a fan of this signing. He has spent 2 of his 4 season on IR. And it's not like he was lighting it up when he played a full season. Didn't he go into the draft with some sort of defect that dropped his draft status?

We continue to cry as fans about injured players but we signed a player who has spent half of his career on IR. I know it's a 1 year prove it deal but geesh

The fact that he only received a 1 year deal leads me to beleive tha Morgan or Orakpo or somebody is in play for a longer term deal.

Hope you're right. To me it looks like we are trying to rebuild our Def on the cheap w/ a patchwork of players no other teams wanted.

Not exactly a fan of this signing. He has spent 2 of his 4 season on IR. And it's not like he was lighting it up when he played a full season. Didn't he go into the draft with some sort of defect that dropped his draft status?

We continue to cry as fans about injured players but we signed a player who has spent half of his career on IR. I know it's a 1 year prove it deal but geesh

Clayborn has erb's palsy in his right arm & neck

1 year up to 4.5 million... obviously alot of escalators in that deal I'm sure games played and sacks/tackles are in that equation. If he makes all of them and we pay him the 4.5 nobody on this board will be upset if he doesn't then it's one year and more like 2-3 million not 4.5

If I had to guess I'd say the reason we didn't already sign Morgan is because we wanted to already have Clayborn locked up.

That way Morgans contract couldn't be used as leverage in Clayborn's negotiations. If we get Morgan I'm liking this FA for sure.

Edited by abstract

Clayborn was actually very good his rookie season. Maybe Raheem Morris and Bryan Cox can get him playing back at that level.

Really annoyed that this seems to have taken us out of the running for Derrick Morgan, though.

I'll feel a little bit better if we bring in O'Brien Schofield, too.

Who else is out there in the bargain bin besides DaQuan Bowers and Schofield... Anthony Spencer? Dwight Freeney?

Saints signed Browner - a 6' 4" 220 lb corner. We sign Phillip Adams 5'11" 195 lb corner.

I am fairly convinced that the locker room at our facilities simply can't handle a 6 foot corner.

That aside, welcome aboard Adams and Clayborn! I hope you both come in and tear up the league!

Browner is a deuche, plus he is a PI machine. Fits perfectly with the Stanks. No thanks.