Demarco Murray To The Eagles

Born A-Ginn

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Rave...

What happens if some line men go down early...

...or what if 2014 was a fluke where a few draft picks overachieved?

A few draft picks...

Tyron Smith has been consistent for years.

Travis Frederick was a great rookie and earned a Pro Bowl selection his second year.

Zack Martin was the only rookie...but if you call not allowing a sack and not getting called for holding once in 16 games a fluke...then...

Injuries happen...that's why the best teams have good depth.

Just for what it's worth, for those who put stock in PFF, they had the Eagles as the #1 rated run blocking team in the league last year.

Sooo, yeah, that DeMarco Murray bet...

Where's the Carolina fan that proved PFF's run blocking grade is skewed...?

I never wanted to get rid of Murray. I think we have a great Oline but never bought 100% into "anyone can run behind that line". I believe it was mutual trust between the line and Murray that allowed our running game to flourish. It'll take a second to get to that point with a new RB. That's why I'm hoping Dallas does better than putting some "average Joe" back there.

Where's the Carolina fan that proved PFF's run blocking grade is skewed...?

Maybe you missed this part:

Just for what it's worth, for those who put stock in PFF,

I take everything that PFF puts out with a grain of salt. I just put that info out there for conversation's sake.

And it is skewed due to having a mobile QB. Notice that all teams with mobile QBs like Carolina, Seattle, 49ers, and RG3 (back when he was running) usually grade out relatively high in the run blocking. They get graded for all those runs that mobile QBs break off where they're taking advantage of an out of place defense. RBs are met in the backfield/at the LOS far too often. For a running team, Carolina has been pretty **** bad at run blocking for the most part for the past 3 years.

You tried though.

Edited by Big Play Bene

1800 yards effective? No, but I doubt murray reaches that milestone ever again.

Now if we're talking 12 or 13 hundred yards then I think you can find that replacement.

i liked murray but I think the Eagles downgraded when they replaced shady with murray or Matthews.

I'd like to see dallas bring in a big with more break away speed.

Who are you and what have you done with Van? Van and I hardly ever agree. Lol.

hate to admit it

but i am kinda with Rave on this One.....

we have all seen Saints FO show no Loyalty at all to its Players

but Players can be the same way

Murray could have gave Cowboys a discount , But he didnt...all he cared about was the Money

Its not like Gore or Cameron

Gore walked out on Philly for Colts a Dome Team that is a SB Contender

and JC, Cleveland vs Miami , thats not rocket science lol

But There is No Way in He77 you can tell me Murray would rather be in Philly other than Dallas...

and yea almost any 1/2 way decent Back is Gonna get 1400 and 10 for Cowboys with their O Line....

I haven't dissed him once. I've been honest about him.

You're right...he's not all about money. He just happened to go to a division rival that offered over double what Dallas did who, as a team, is in worse shape than Dallas.

How the **** can you say it's all about the money when you admit they offered him double (DOUBLE!!!) what Dallas did!? How many ******* players turn down double the money?

Wanna say they just couldn't offer what he wanted? Say that. Wanna say they were looking out for future cap years? Say that. Don't say he's alll about the money because he took an offer twice the size of Dallas'.

How the **** can you say it's all about the money when you admit they offered him double (DOUBLE!!!) what Dallas did!? How many ******* players turn down double the money?

Wanna say they just couldn't offer what he wanted? Say that. Wanna say they were looking out for future cap years? Say that. Don't say he's alll about the money because he took an offer twice the size of Dallas'.

So you believe that Philly is closer to a Super Bowl than Dallas?

So you believe that Philly is closer to a Super Bowl than Dallas?

I think you'd have an argument if he went to the Jags. The Eagles won the division the year before last. They were in it until they had to count on Mark Sanchez. You act like its some bottom feeder team.

And even if it was, who turns down double? I could even understand if Dallas was close. But double? To go to a team that's in the division chase? Who would turn that down? I certainly wouldn't.

To answer your question, I feel like Dallas is the better team. But not by some huge gap.

I don't think it's a huge loss for Dallas. Murray is good but you can't sit there with a straight face and say majority of what happened last season on the ground for big d, wasn't due to that monstrous line. He's not putting those numbers up in philly period, although they also have a pretty good line. But there's no Romo and no Dez now to keep teams from stacking the box. He went to philly for the loot and the chance to run all over his former team twice a year.

Edited by BayouBengalz

I don't think it's a huge loss for Dallas. Murray is good but you can't sit there with a straight face and say majority of what happened last season on the ground for big d, wasn't due to that monstrous line. He's not putting those numbers up in philly period, although they also have a pretty good line. But there's no Romo and no Dez now to keep teams from stacking the box. He went to philly for the loot and the chance to run all over his former team twice a year.

Exactly.

Ouch...and i do mean literally cause it's going to hurt when the guy can't stay on the field. Hopefully you guys keep looking.

If Randle isn't cut we have good depth. Hopefully we still add a RB in the draft.

I'm not in his head so I don't know his motives, however I do agree that a major reason for their success in the run game was the Cowboys Offensive Line. People who act like losing a RB with a line like that is disasterous imo are likely either trying too hard to find a way to believe the Cowboys will suck, or are way too wrapped up in fantasy football to realize how much a great line impacts the run game.

There are several instances of teams signing lineman, without RB upgrades and their run game improving a lot. However, the reverse doesn't seem to happen very often.

Many people would have likely said that without AP, the Vikings would have been lucky to get 3 wins, and that it would ruin their run game. Their run game lost a whopping....wait for it.....EIGHTEEN yards per game with AP being out.....and their winning percentage improved.

That was with losing an elite RB. Teams seem to be able to recover very easily from losing a RB, even an elite one. It's rarely a position that holds a team back a lot imo, which is likely largely due to the line having a lot to do with it, and also because most if not all NFL caliber RBs are good if they are used in a way that is favorable to them, there aren't really any awful ones.

I'm not in his head so I don't know his motives, however I do agree that a major reason for their success in the run game was the Cowboys Offensive Line. People who act like losing a RB with a line like that is disasterous imo are likely either trying too hard to find a way to believe the Cowboys will suck, or are way too wrapped up in fantasy football to realize how much a great line impacts the run game.

There are several instances of teams signing lineman, without RB upgrades and their run game improving a lot. However, the reverse doesn't seem to happen very often.

Many people would have likely said that without AP, the Vikings would have been lucky to get 3 wins, and that it would ruin their run game. Their run game lost a whopping....wait for it.....EIGHTEEN yards per game with AP being out.....and their winning percentage improved.

That was with losing an elite RB. Teams seem to be able to recover very easily from losing a RB, even an elite one. It's rarely a position that holds a team back a lot imo, which is likely largely due to the line having a lot to do with it, and also because most if not all NFL caliber RBs are good if they are used in a way that is favorable to them, there aren't really any awful ones.

RB are a dying breed now. But yea I agree, I think if you have a great line that can open lanes you don't need a great back to be productive. Not saying Dallas will mimic last year's success but they'll still have a potent rushing attack imo.