Dupree Meeting With Falcons

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

would not surprise me......we all think we know.....but we really don't know.

Analytically, Dupree is a defensive version of Calvin Johnson at his position, but even more athletic. Quinn's idea of defense is to keep things simple and let players use their natural talents. Dupree and Beasley are probably very high on the board.

Analytically, Dupree is a defensive version of Calvin Johnson at his position, but even more athletic. Quinn's idea of defense is to keep things simple and let players use their natural talents. Dupree and Beasley are probably very high on the board.

No, just no

Right now my top guys are

1. Beasley

2. Ray

3. Dupree

4. Fowler

5. Gregory.

This is pretty spot on

If he fell, would anyone be opposed to trading this year's 2nd, next year's second, and this year's 4th to move up and nab him to pair with Beasley?

Was thinking that might be our plan b after morgan left yesterday. maybe this is the best option for pass rush if the agents are adding millions on to contracts because they think we are desperate and will pay whatever for pass rush? Edited by nevesmetro

If he fell, would anyone be opposed to trading this year's 2nd, next year's second, and this year's 4th to move up and nab him to pair with Beasley?

I think I'd do it, especially if we only get below average, injury prone TB rejects in FA.

Yes. Just Yes. It's a fact.

Oh really? A fact? I thought facts needed to be supported by empirical data and tangiable evidence? Not just some guy's opinion.

Look, I like Dupree. But when someone says anything along the lines of "analytically he's Calvin Johnson of his position" I kinda cringe. One, if anything that would be Clowney (I don't like Clowney). Two, the word 'analytically' in that sentence irks me. Sorry, I'm kinda an english snob and thay word doesn't fit.

I just realized I'm a huge brat.

I don't think Bud will be available in a place we can afford to trade up. However, I think we do one of the 2:

1. Beasley or Dupree in the 1st and trade back up to get Eli Harold

2. Beasley or Dupree in the 1st and maybe trade up in the 2nd to get Preston Smith

"SPARQ is a Nike-backed formula to test physical ability and is most known for being used on high school recruits at large combines. Whitman says that in his database, Dupree is the only defensive end to pull a "Calvin." A "Calvin" is a reference to Calvin Johnson, who jumped over 40 inches in the vertical jump while also surpassing a 132-inch broad jump.

Dupree jumped just one inch lower in the broad jump and a half-inch shorter in the vertical than Johnson, who at one point was hands down the best receiving talent in the league. Dupree did all that while measuring an inch shorter and coming in at 30 pounds heavier than the freak receiver. That's the level of rare athlete we're talking about when we discuss Dupree as an "upside" selection."

Not an opinion. READ first, brat later. Remember, this has to do with athletic ability, not skills at a position. So, again, it is a FACT.