Jags Cut Red Bryant - Former Seahawk Knuckledragger

g-dawg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't they still have a crap ton of money they have to spend? I'm wondering why they would cut him because supposedly he is still good and he's not getting huge money. Strange. Maybe they are planning on drafting a guy like him with their 1st round pick.

Jaguars released DL Red Bryant.

Bryant lasted one season in Jacksonville. He was likely only signed as veteran leadership for a young Jaguars team when he inked a four-year, $19 million deal last spring. The move saves the Jaguars $4.5 million. It's possible newly-signed DL Jared Odrick will take over for Bryant as the Jaguars' starting "big" end on the left side. Bryant, 31 next month, still plays elite run defense.

Red Bryant and TJax are basically the same. Both are run stuffer that are not very good pass rushers. We do not need Red Bryant, but I am surprised that they cut him, especially since they got so much cap space. Have they signed his replacement already?

Jared Odrick - to like a $42mm contract.

^^^no Bryant can stop the run. Tyson Jackson got blown off the ball 5 yards.

Just because we have guys at the position doesn't mean we can't upgrade.

WE FINISHED DEAD LAST IN DEFENSE. EVERY POSITION IS UPGRADEABLE

btw the jags defense was better than ours last year.

Edited by GleasonForever!

^^^no Bryant can stop the run. Tyson Jackson got blown off the ball 5 yards.

Just because we have guys at the position doesn't mean we can't upgrade.

WE FINISHED DEAD LAST IN DEFENSE. EVERY POSITION IS UPGRADEABLE

btw the jags defense was better than ours last year.

everybody's defense was better than ours - we were ranked #32.

He was available last season and we chose T.Jax who is younger over him.

Why are people talking about DT's when we need players who can rush the passer?

This is like the Twilight Zone!

Pass rush will be addressed but it's not something you can just build overnight.

Look at the best pass rush teams in the league. They took years to build

Pass rush will be addressed but it's not something you can just build overnight.

Look at the best pass rush teams in the league. They took years to build

You build pass rush by drafting and signing players that can rush the passer!

The Falcon tried to outscore opponents choosing to build a defense on the cheap which is why were are in this position.

You build pass rush by drafting and signing players that can rush the passer!

The Falcon tried to outscore opponents choosing to build a defense on the cheap which is why were are in this position.

We haven't gotten to the draft. Just look at all the teams.

Detroit had Suh but weren't great until they added ansah and LBs. It took them a few years of building.

Buffalo had Williams but it took them kiko and Hughes before they took off.

Carolina had Johnson but they added hardy, star, Kuechly, and the DT from UNC before they became great.

Seattle had Earl, but took a few years to become good by adding Wagner, avril, and Bennett.

I think the falcons are following the same track. Yes, the past few years are atrocious but we're going somewhere new. With a FS we will be set in the secondary. We're adding LBs and Dline depth. We will draft someone like Beasley. Our base will be complete and next year we will sign another playmaker and draft one and I think we will start to look like the elite defenses we so achingly want to be

This year: Reed, durant, Parker, Clayborn, Beasley, Anthony

Next year: a pass rusher like Leonard floyd(Idk any others), some more solid free agents

Is that defense really so far from being good? It takes a good minute to build a defense. We will get there. You just can't build one in one season which is what we were all hoping for.

This year: Reed, durant, Parker, Clayborn, Beasley, Anthony

Next year: a pass rusher like Leonard floyd(Idk any others), some more solid free agents

Is that defense really so far from being good? It takes a good minute to build a defense. We will get there. You just can't build one in one season which is what we were all hoping for.

The only thing about it. I am very cautious about bringing Clayborn into the fold. I know people like his story and his one year, but he is a high IR risk. Is there anyone else you think we could get to fill that LE void without taking up too much $$$ as well as giving us a bit more historical durability?

The only thing about it. I am very cautious about bringing Clayborn into the fold. I know people like his story and his one year, but he is a high IR risk. Is there anyone else you think we could get to fill that LE void without taking up too much $$$ as well as giving us a bit more historical durability?

Yeah I'm not super excited about Clayborn, but it seems like he will be in the fold. Thats the only reason I added him. But I guess I like him more than Orakpo for financial reasons.

But even with the list I put together, we pretty much HAVE to spend the money on someone else. Perhaps Morgan comes back. Maybe it's Ayers or Spikes.