Akeem Ayers Would Be A Nice Pickup

bigjmw84

I'm totally shocked there hasn't been news virtually anywhere on Brandon Spikes. Really think we'd be wise to bring him in for a look if no one else does soon, he'd be a huge upgrade over anyone else that can play MLB on our roster. Granted, there's always scheme fit to take into account, and wouldn't be surprised if we're targeting MLB in the draft.

They already signed Ayers. His name is Brooks Reed.

Ayers is not a MLB. He was a 3-4 OLB at UCLA and came to Tennessee as their version of Von Miller, a SAM who could be a nickel rusher. He is not a middle linebacker.

Personally, I would have given him priority over Reed as he was NE's most effective rusher when Jones was out, but there it is.

Reed, durant, Clayborn, spikes is definitely not what people were hoping for but it's a great foundation to build upon.

The draft this year coupled with free agency and the draft next year and we will be more than fine.

We have so many holes. This offseason will be about filling those holes. Next offseason will be about adding the playmakers.

They already signed Ayers. His name is Brooks Reed.

Ayers is not a MLB. He was a 3-4 OLB at UCLA and came to Tennessee as their version of Von Miller, a SAM who could be a nickel rusher. He is not a middle linebacker.

Personally, I would have given him priority over Reed as he was NE's most effective rusher when Jones was out, but there it is.

His ability to play both would be great for us. The best pass rusher between he and Brooks would stay outside while the other fits inside

I'm totally shocked there hasn't been news virtually anywhere on Brandon Spikes. Really think we'd be wise to bring him in for a look if no one else does soon, he'd be a huge upgrade over anyone else that can play MLB on our roster. Granted, there's always scheme fit to take into account, and wouldn't be surprised if we're targeting MLB in the draft.

Had Spikes in my V1 offseason mock. Replaced him with McClain in V2 before realizing he still has substance abuse issues. Will likely have Spikes back in the V3 edition if he's still available. Dam good ILB who is better in coverage than TATF gives him credit for.

His ability to play both would be great for us. The best pass rusher between he and Brooks would stay outside while the other fits inside

It's one thing to do it in a package here or there. Even LT used to move to ILB on a down or two when Belichick had him, but it's a completely different thing to play a guy completely out of position down after down and expect him to produce.

Wasn't the last coaching staff taken to the woodshed on this board for that very thing?

I'm curious why New England didn't re-sign him. Maybe they will end up signing him for cheap after some time passes.

Isn't he the guy that Mike Mayock said would end up being the best defensive guy in that draft? That didn't really work out too well.