Ray Rice

Scorpion

I know most of you will enter this thread will negative thoughts about this but hear me out before you start typing up that reply.

First... the guy did make a mistake and i watched the video...it was terrible. Having said that prior to that incident he didnt have any off the field issues so it was a one time mistake and he paid for it dearly. Everyone makes mistakes , i am man enough to admit i made my share of mistakes and i know everyone reading this has made their share as well. Does that mean you should be judged based on them alone?...no we are humans we make mistakes. His wife has forgiven him and we dont know the full story on what happened prior to the incident. While there is no excuse to knock out a women if you watch the video she was getting in his face and talking ****...so in a split second he reacted and it changed his life completely.

Second...the guy is a good player and he realizes he made a mistake and is looking to prove him self on the field and off the field. I feel like any team that gives this guy a chance will get a player who will be a saint off the field looking to fix his image working with the community , volunteering and at the same time they will get a great player on the field because he is hungry and determined more then ever.

Third...he will demand alot less then any other player of his caliber in free agency so any team that gets him will be getting a player that is hungry, determined, and humbled for a fraction of a cost he would normally demand.

I know we have a "falcon filter" for years now and where has it gotten us? I feel like in NFL where you have salary caps you need to take chance on players like this that have off the field issues because they have great skill but come at a much cheaper price due to the off the field risk (and i willing to bet big money that Ray Rice will not cause problems in the future). Look at the teams that have won super bowls recently... Seahawks...have Marshawn Lynch.... Patriots...won SB's with Akib Talib, Randy Moss, and they are know to pick up players w personality issues, Saints won a SB using bounties, When Steelers were great they had James Harriso.

Punching your girl into unconsciousness is not a mistake. That my friend is a call for help and a need to reassess ones life. Punching a woman is never, never right. A real man handles things. A spoilt child lashes out and hits a woman. Takes a big man to punch the mother of your children.

I don't want woman-beaters on my team often...

BUT when I do, it's Greg Hardy.

Clever, to me what Hardy was reported doing & what Rice was caught doing on tape are different.

She wanted the $$ more than she wanted to see Hardy punished by the law, that's one difference that says alot.

Punching your girl into unconsciousness is not a mistake. That my friend is a call for help and a need to reassess ones life. Punching a woman is never, never right. A real man handles things. A spoilt child lashes out and hits a woman. Takes a big man to punch the mother of your children.

People make mistakes in the heat of the moment and nobody plans to hit their women just like nobody plans to speed 10-15 mph over the limit , or nobody plans to run a stop sign, or nobody plans to mess up at work, PEOPLE make mistakes!

There are a ton of Falcon fans who want Greg Hardy who repeatedly beat a woman for a duration of time and threatened her life, but Ray Rice made one mistake when he and his fiancee were wasted and he's the devil. Let's forget about the hundreds of great things Ray Rice has done for his community, and let's forget about "couch covered with guns" that Greg Hardy has.

Ray Rice would get the vet minimum. He would not get Steven Jackson money. He is better than Steven Jackson was.

I'd sign him in a heartbeat.

Two years ago my friend had Ray Rice on his fantasy team and Ray Rice was horrible. Every Sunday when we were watching football he would complain about Rice and we would try to figure out how he suddenly sucked so bad. I don't remember his stats, but they were really bad.

We didn't actually get to watch him play much so I'm wondering if anyone here has any ideas why he suddenly sucked.

No. I'm already iffy on Shembo. There's a documentary coming out soon about campus rape that's going to blow Jameis Winston's case wide open again, and I hear that Shembo's case is in it as well.

Nobody that hurts women or children should have any place on our team.

There are a ton of Falcon fans who want Greg Hardy who repeatedly beat a woman for a duration of time and threatened her life, but Ray Rice made one mistake when he and his fiancee were wasted and he's the devil. Let's forget about the hundreds of great things Ray Rice has done for his community, and let's forget about "couch covered with guns" that Greg Hardy has.

Ray Rice would get the vet minimum. He would not get Steven Jackson money. He is better than Steven Jackson was.

I'd sign him in a heartbeat.

What a freaking hypocrite. So knocking a woman out is ok with you as long as it is one punch and you don't threaten or choke her. Then you can drag her around, no problem.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but guns aren't illegal in this country. I could cover several couches with my collection. Shooting is fun and owning and bearing firearms is protected by the second amendment, so you can quit posting that drivel about Hardy.

What a freaking hypocrite. So knocking a woman out is ok with you as long as it is one punch and you don't threaten or choke her. Then you can drag her around, no problem.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but guns aren't illegal in this country. I could cover several couches with my collection. Shooting is fun and owning and bearing firearms is protected by the second amendment, so you can quit posting that drivel about Hardy.

Just because guns are legal, doesn't mean having enough guns to cover several couches isn't bat-**** insane.

Are you part of a "well regulated" militia?