Why Don't The Bucs Understand Free Agency?

NoMoreVick

Overpaid for Carter, who's already gone baked potato in a 4-3 cover two and doesn't stay healthy.

Collins: Given a five-year deal. Cut one year in.

Johnson: Given a five-year deal. Cut one year in.

Goldson: Given a five-year deal. Cut two years in.

How about quit with these huge FA signings? Especially when you have no clue how all of this works. You cleared $9 million in cap space to sign Johnny Whogivesadamn and now will be paying those three players $14 million this year to not even play for your team. Put that on top of throwing Glennon under the bus in favor for McCown while proceeding to go 2-14.

Thoughts and prayers go out to Bucs nation on the worst professionally managed sports team out there. Hopefully Jameis can come in and create some type of spark while battling horrific management decisions.

Overpaid for Carter, who's already gone baked potato in a 4-3 cover two and doesn't stay healthy. Collins: Given a five-year deal. Cut one year in. Johnson: Given a five-year deal. Cut one year in. Goldson: Given a five-year deal. Cut two years in. How about quit with these huge FA signings? Especially when you have no clue how all of this works. You cleared $9 million in cap space to sign Johnny Whogivesadamn and now will be paying those three players $14 million this year to not even play for your team. Put that on top of throwing Glennon under the bus in favor for McCown while proceeding to go 2-14. Thoughts and prayers go out to Bucs nation on the worst professionally managed sports team out there. Hopefully Jameis can come in and create some type of spark while battling horrific management decisions.

At least Licht's smart enough to know what giant mistakes signing Collins & Johnson were. They needed linebacker help, and Carter is easily better than the two free agent backers the Falcons signed earlier. This thread smells like so many sour grapes.wink.png

At least Licht's smart enough to know what giant mistakes signing Collins & Johnson were. They needed linebacker help, and Carter is easily better than the two free agent backers the Falcons signed earlier. This thread smells like so many sour grapes.wink.png

LOL

Collins we all talked about last season how it was a pretty big contract for someone who hasnt started a lot.

I dont see why Johnson was cut. I would of given him one more season.

Super jealous of the Bucs.... I wish the Falcons had the all around excellence and talent the Bucs displayed while we swept them 2-0 last year

Hey, i wont shyt on 2 out of the total of 5 games the Falcons won last year... clearly their headed in the right direction now that mr radio is there to help call the shots.

Hey, i wont shyt on 2 out of the total of 5 games the Falcons won last year... clearly their headed in the right direction now that mr radio is there to help call the shots.

6 games sir... That's a grand total of 4 games we are better than the Bucs. Radio or not we own the Sucs

LOL

Collins we all talked about last season how it was a pretty big contract for someone who hasnt started a lot.

I dont see why Johnson was cut. I would of given him one more season.

NOPE! He was more or less invisible last season! You don't give a DE that kind of contract, and tell him, HE'S THE MAN, then watch him completely disappear the minute training camp starts! The guy is simply not very good. Word is the Bungals want him back. Good for him....they deserve one another! I imagine it'll be a few seasons before L&L entertain a Bengals free agent, after the disasters Collins and Johnson were. But I'm impressed with Licht admitting his mistakes and cutting away the dead weight and moving on. How many times have we seen GMs keep inferior players, simply because they don't want to face the truth?

Apparently the saints are the only team whom understands free agencie

F****... The Saints just traded me Drew Brees for a half empty bag of doritos. He's now playing on my nephew's junior hockey team. I think they are going to win the junior championship this year.

nah the concensus is that Durant was the best LB on the Cowboys before his injury. Carter makes almost as many big plays as he gives up.....almost.

Johnson is a good DE. He played well with the Bengals and will continue to do that with them. Sorry Tampa doesn't have the coaching staff to allow good players to succeed on and off the field.

Bad coaches (Like Morris, Schiano, and Lovie) don't know how to re-create teams. They just recycle former players that "fit their scheme."

I mean, giving JOSH MCCOWN a two-year 10+ million dollar deal. Pretty incredible.

Johnson is a good DE. He played well with the Bengals and will continue to do that with them. Sorry Tampa doesn't have the coaching staff to allow good players to succeed on and off the field. Bad coaches (Like Morris, Schiano, and Lovie) don't know how to re-create teams. They just recycle former players that "fit their scheme." I mean, giving JOSH MCCOWN a two-year 10+ million dollar deal. Pretty incredible.

You keep telling' yourself that. They cut their mistakes. So Johnsons Good? Why didn't ya want the Falcons making a play for him?

You're nothing but Troll Bait Junior. If you're gonna troll at least do it with some Pizzazz! You're nowhere near RC standards in this respect.

Sorrywink.png

Ah, yes. Paying for mistakes when they're not even with the team. The Buccaneers way.

Where did I say I didn't want the Falcons going after him? I would have loved him in Atlanta. Anything to upgrade our joke of a pass rush. But we're doing that through the draft while adding some decent depth and not creating a dumpster fire out of free agency like Tampa Bay apparently is.

Not a troll thread. Just dropping knowledge. No need to thank me.

Ah, yes. Paying for mistakes when they're not even with the team. The Buccaneers way. Where did I say I didn't want the Falcons going after him? I would have loved him in Atlanta. Anything to upgrade our joke of a pass rush. But we're doing that through the draft while adding some decent depth and not creating a dumpster fire out of free agency like Tampa Bay apparently is. Not a troll thread. Just dropping knowledge. No need to thank me.

Nope, just Troll material. You're just to dim to see, they were smart enough to lose their baggage. Instead you want to paint their mistakes as All Pros.

You're either trolling, or just plain Stupid. I said it was the former, you say it's the later. Who am I to disagree?laugh.png

This is obviously a really sensitive subject for you. I understand. Our dumpster fire status prior to 2008 was very similar.

What exactly does "Paint their mistakes as All Pros" even mean?

I wouldn't exactly say you were "smart" to dump them, but you did dump them. Along with $14 million. Along with signing guys who are going to be even worse. Seriously question: Who's the worst starter in the NFL. Conte or McClellan? It's now just a game to see how many ex-Bears Lovie will sign. Briggs and Peanut should be along shortly.

One that never gets talked about for some reason, and what I think is one of the dumbest FA moves I've seen in recent years was the Bucs giving up a high 1st round pick for Darrelle Revis coming off an ACL tear AND a huge contract... only to let him walk after one year.

Lmao you gave up the 13th pick in the draft for one year of Revis. Sheldon Richardson was taken with that pick... Star Lotulelei was taken with the 14th pick.

Of course they did. They're the Bucs. If you had stepped back and analyzed that entire deal, you could see from a mile away that it was a terrible move for Tampa. I had actually forgotten they made that move. Just another player robbing Tampa and moving to do bigger and better things. He'll do the same to the Jets. He's got his ring.

One that never gets talked about for some reason, and what I think is one of the dumbest FA moves I've seen in recent years was the Bucs giving up a high 1st round pick for Darrelle Revis coming off an ACL tear AND a huge contract... only to let him walk after one year.

Lmao you gave up the 13th pick in the draft for one year of Revis. Sheldon Richardson was taken with that pick... Star Lotulelei was taken with the 14th pick.

Thus...the reason Dominick and Schiano are no longer here!

No way would that deal have been made with our current staff in place. No Way! Schiano was stupid enough to believe you build an NFL defense from the backfield....in, instead of the defensive line...back.

Of course they did. They're the Bucs. If you had stepped back and analyzed that entire deal, you could see from a mile away that it was a terrible move for Tampa. I had actually forgotten they made that move. Just another player robbing Tampa and moving to do bigger and better things. He'll do the same to the Jets. He's got his ring.

I'll not disagree with this. Revis was/is simply a player for rent, and he's making $ Millions every season being little more than a mercenary.

Ya can't blame him. Not too many players could pull off what he's doing.

I bet Revis never see's the end of that new contract, he cons teams into paying, while living on lauerl's.

I beg to differ. Look what he did for the Pats last season. His stats weren't all that, because teams still rarely throw to his side, but when they do, he covers his receiver like a blanket. He's a complete waste on a team like the Bucs, Schiano and Dominick were just too ******* ignorant to see it! On the Jets he's gonna be a waste this season also.....just watch. But if you get him on the right team, he'll put 'em over the top!