Atlanta Has Bored During Free Agency

I know all the board whiners thought the signing of ex-Jaguars went out the door with Mike Smith, but now you can all say hello to Justin Durant. He was playing well for Dallas leading them in tackles before he got hurt. Hopefully he stays healthy for the Falcons. Brooks Reed was a solid pickup, not real flashy, but solid, and I guess Hankerson will be the new 3rd option receiver. I just hope these guys realize that Matt Ryan is a pocket Quarterback and needs a sound offensive line. I guess they are saving the money for the draft picks.

Clayborn and Bowers are not big FA signings? Durant is the biggest signing of the year yet for any NFL team.

No sorry, Suh takes that one hands down! Miami's defense is gonna be scary as ****. Funny though, after the Incognito fiasco you wouldn't think they'd want another troublemaker in the bunch this soon, let alone the most expensive one in NFL history.

Edited by RideOrDieIce

No sorry, Suh takes that one hands down! Miami's defense is gonna be scary as ****. Funny though, after the Incognito fiasco you wouldn't think they'd want another troublemaker in the bunch this soon, let alone the most expensive one in NFL history.

Nah. I agree with R. The world stood still when Durant signed.

I don't think so, too many other holes on it...

Difference makers don't come in free agency- at least not for a team that has managed 10 wins in the past 2 seasons. Big splash free agents are for teams that are one guy away. So far, I haven't seen any moves in free agency that are going to significantly change the fortunes of a team. Philly has done some trading. Seattle has done some trading. Those were difference making moves. The Dolphins getting Suh...that doesn't scream Super Bowl to me.

Furthermore- what in the name of Jeebus hisself has little Tommy Shavedlegs done in his entire career to make any of you think that he is going to be able to fix ANYTHING on the defensive side of the ball. In seven years he has gotten 8 legit football players- Turner, Ryan, Jones, Moore, Gonzalez, Trufant, Asamoah, and Matthews- only 2 of them on defense and only one of those was a free agent.

Difference makers don't come in free agency- at least not for a team that has managed 10 wins in the past 2 seasons. Big splash free agents are for teams that are one guy away. So far, I haven't seen any moves in free agency that are going to significantly change the fortunes of a team. Philly has done some trading. Seattle has done some trading. Those were difference making moves. The Dolphins getting Suh...that doesn't scream Super Bowl to me.

Furthermore- what in the name of Jeebus hisself has little Tommy Shavedlegs done in his entire career to make any of you think that he is going to be able to fix ANYTHING on the defensive side of the ball. In seven years he has gotten 8 legit football players- Turner, Ryan, Jones, Moore, Gonzalez, Trufant, Asamoah, and Matthews- only 2 of them on defense and only one of those was a free agent.

I agree and disagree. On a team like ours. .There were/are still plenty of options that are better than what we have at the linebacker positions.. Same goes for D Line. even moderate upgrades across the board are "difference makers". My whole thought was maybe we get the bare bones or foundation of the type of def guys Quinn wanted, then we add our future stars in the draft..

So far, we still have numerous holes that im afraid we may need to go in the draft needing to fill, which won't allow us to go through and get the playmakers our team so desperately needs. I just hope we have players in place that wont make us desperate for guys and picking them earlier than they should be. My only hope im reserving is Quinn is waiting the market out until the prices come down, then towards the end of this FA period we pull in 3 or 4 more guys that help fill out our front 7 on defense, and can provide quality depth.