Don't Forget Noisegate!

slider

What is the deal with the noisegate penalty? When will it be announced? What will it be? Does it involve draft picks? Will it take away the 1st rounder evryone on this board is already making plans for? Seems to me the league is putting the team in a tight spot here. I posted this in another forum but I'll throw it out here for discussion. If you were the GM and you felt there was a 50-50 chance of losing your first rounder, would you take pre-emptive action now and trade away the first rounder for a package of picks outside of the first round? Just a thought!

Edited by slider

Don't forget Noisegate? Lmao why, everyone is forgetting it, same with Deflategate and virtually everything else. We're just fans, why worry about it until it's an actual problem?

I'm not questioning the approach of the fans on the board, I'm asking whether the approach of the front office in free agency could or should be effected by it!

What is the deal with the noisegate penalty? When will it be announced? What will it be? Does it involve draft picks? Will it take away the 1st rounder evryone on this board is already making plans for? Seems to me the league is putting the team in a tight spot here. I posted this in another forum but I'll throw it out here for discussion. If you were the GM and you felt there was a 50-50 chance of losing your first rounder, would you take pre-emptive action now and trade away the first rounder for a package of picks outside of the first round? Just a thought!

This is an excellent point. What happens if the Falcons agree to say send 2nd or 3rd pick for a particular player. What happens? Does league jump in and say we can't trade our pick because they plan on taking that pick away and kill the deal? Or does this mean that it will be only be a monetary penalty?

This is an excellent point. What happens if the Falcons agree to say send 2nd or 3rd pick for a particular player. What happens? Does league jump in and say we can't trade our pick because they plan on taking that pick away and kill the deal? Or does this mean that it will be only be a monetary penalty?

tbh I doubt it

I'm not questioning the approach of the fans on the board, I'm asking whether the approach of the front office in free agency could or should be effected by it!

I had that thought too--not necessarily first round tho.

But if it were true I think we would have tried to go bigger in FA.

(Of course there's still the June 1st cuts)

once it is approved there is nothing that can be done about it. Can't stop a trade because of something that hasn't been announced or really talked about for weeks.

LMAO!!! Really? So the Falcons got a little loud using a speaker or bullhorn by comparison.... The bottom line is there are stadiums built by other teams in recent years designed specifically to resonate or make the fans sound louder volume wise than they actually are, no different than using a speaker.

The Seattle SeaHags home court was designed to be extra loud, it makes 1 fan's yell sound like 3. So you tell me, how you gonna govern crowd noise in the NFL?

If what the Falcons, whoever did it done such a bad thing, then the NFL to be fair is going to have to review everything and start holding up signs like they do in golf that say "Please be quiet"..... LOL........ That ain't gonna happen.....

Falcons should just get a small fine. If they lose a draft pick because of this then I would be shocked. Although then again stranger things have happened.

We shall see... Just my opinion.....

Edited by GeorgiaFalconFan

All trades have to be approved by the league...

once it is approved there is nothing that can be done about it. Can't stop a trade because of something that hasn't been announced or really talked about for weeks.

True but the problem is that the league is the one that approves it which means they most likely won't approve any trades involving picks we're going to lose.

True but the problem is that the league is the one that approves it which means they most likely won't approve any trades involving picks we're going to lose.

but how can they honestly deny the team a trade without giving any information of a possible penalty before hand.

Now we as fans have no clue what has been discussed behind closed doors but I would assume that if the team has any knowledge of what will happen they wouldn't attempt to make a trade in the first place

I would think that the team would've had some discussions already with the league about whether they could expect something to come down affecting this year's draft. Youd think they'd need to know for free agent planning purposes but it's something that's not known by the fans at this point. I just wonder if the FO has to consider it or if they already have taken it into consideration.

but how can they honestly deny the team a trade without giving any information of a possible penalty before hand.

Now we as fans have no clue what has been discussed behind closed doors but I would assume that if the team has any knowledge of what will happen they wouldn't attempt to make a trade in the first place

Here's the problem with this.... don't we know of a penalty that is coming?

We do and other teams do as well so they're probably all going to check with the league before making any moves with us.

They'd take a future pick. This happened in Bountygate.

LMAO!!! Really? So the Falcons got a little loud using a speaker or bullhorn by comparison.... The bottom line is there are stadiums built by other teams in recent years designed specifically to resonate or make the fans sound louder volume wise than they actually are, no different than using a speaker.

The Seattle SeaHags home court was designed to be extra loud, it makes 1 fan's yell sound like 3. So you tell me, how you gonna govern crowd noise in the NFL?

If what the Falcons, whoever did it done such a bad thing, then the NFL to be fair is going to have to review everything and start holding up signs like they do in golf that say "Please be quiet"..... LOL........ That ain't gonna happen.....

Falcons should just get a small fine. If they lose a draft pick because of this then I would be shocked. Although then again stranger things have happened.

We shall see... Just my opinion.....

Pumping noise in is a bit different than the natural accoustics of a stadium. It is a deliberate attempt to have an effect on the competitive balance of the game outside of the natural environment. It will not be looked upon lightly by the league. It's our favorite team true but it is still a big deal! Personally I think the NFL will treat this way harsher than deflating footballs. It won't be up there with the Aint's penalty for the bounties but I suspect it will rate a draft pick loss of some type. Maybe similar to the Pats spygate scandal!

Here's the problem with this.... don't we know of a penalty that is coming?

We do and other teams do as well so they're probably all going to check with the league before making any moves with us.

we as in the team or fans. Honestly I have no idea of anything outside of what has been falsely reported in the media.

That's why I said if the team has an idea why would they attempt to make a trade in the first place.

Pumping noise in is a bit different than the natural accoustics of a stadium. It is a deliberate attempt to have an effect on the competitive balance of the game outside of the natural environment. It will not be looked upon lightly by the league. It's our favorite team true but it is still a big deal! Personally I think the NFL will treat this way harsher than deflating footballs. It won't be up there with the Aint's penalty for the bounties but I suspect it will rate a draft pick loss of some type. Maybe similar to the Pats spygate scandal!

Really...NO IT IS NOT...... Designing a stadium to be louder than others is a deliberate attempt to have an effect on the competitive balance of the game in the home teams FAVOR. This is something that should be mentioned when the Falcons are handed down punishment, if they don't then they are stupid in my opinion.

Only way to fix the noise issue is to rebuild and redesign EVERY stadium to specifications all the same and that ain't going to happen.

While I agree with you that I doubt the NFL powers that be will look upon this lightly, but that's only because it's the Falcons and I've been a Falcons fan long enough to see the biased higher rated viewing crowd teams get favored treatment, mostly because they look at the money making bottom NFL LINE. I do think stepping in and punishing the team in ways like taking away draft picks, or anything that would unfairly effect a new coaching staff would be wrong.

Falcons should make a big stink about the whole issue if the punishment is too harsh is what I am getting at. Point out a few things I have like unfair playing facilities, get the media involved if the punishment is too much. That's what I am saying....

Edited by GeorgiaFalconFan

When you were young and had been bad at church ,your mom promised to spank you when you got home. You talked the whole way home in the car about anything, trying to make her laugh and forget about that whupping. Rich McKay better have his joke game on point at the owners meeting.