Trading Up....

Alright look I know it's not popular around here because TD screwed our roster over by doing so. But in order, Im afraid, we will have to trade up to get one of our big 3 guys. (Fowler,Ray,Beasley) I mean some might be high on Gregory, but I'm not sold. He is to lean and produced to little in college against a weaker conference for my liking. So would Yall oppose if TD shipped our 1st,3rd,and 5th to NYJ for the 6th pick? That would put us in a better position to snag a elite young pass rusher....

So why are you high on Fowler? He's got an athletic build and everyone else is?

Cause I think Gregory is a better pro prospect than Fowler by far.

In any event, HE!! NO to a trade up. Do you know how many good pass rusher there are in the draft this year? I'd rather have a chance at drafting two good options than one elite one that you like.

Edited by MD-FalconFan13

Alright look I know it's not popular around here because TD screwed our roster over by doing so. But in order, Im afraid, we will have to trade up to get one of our big 3 guys. (Fowler,Ray,Beasley) I mean some might be high on Gregory, but I'm not sold. He is to lean and produced to little in college against a weaker conference for my liking. So would Yall oppose if TD shipped our 1st,3rd,and 5th to NYJ for the 6th pick? That would put us in a better position to snag a elite young pass rusher....

We'd have to move up to the Skins pick or past the Skins for me to have any confidence getting the guy I want (Beasley), and only if he's there. Since we're high to begin with I doubt it'd take more than, say, next year's second, but I'm still hesitant to trade up. I feel like Ray will be there at 8.

We'd have to move up to the Skins pick or past the Skins for me to have any confidence getting the guy I want (Beasley), and only if he's there. Since we're high to begin with I doubt it'd take more than, say, next year's second, but I'm still hesitant to trade up. I feel like Ray will be there at 8.

I would cry from joy with Beasley. And it might actually be worth next years second or third. But I'm right there with you, trading up always makes me nervous. We can get a solid player from the 8 spot, and keep building.

We can't forget we are rebuilding a team here. It's going to take a good bit to get good again.

So why are you high on Fowler? He's got an athletic build and everyone else is?

Cause I think Gregory is a better pro prospect than Fowler by far.

In any event, HE!! NO to a trade up. Do you know how many good pass rusher there are in the draft this year? I'd rather have a chance at drafting two good options than one elite one that you like.

He knows Quinn and the system. He also was productive against the best conference in college football unlike Gregory, plus he is bigger and he also is great at run support.

What's the deal with the NoiseGate penalty? Any news? Seems like the team is at a disadvantage not knowing what picks if any will be taken away. That effects free agent planning. Will there be a #8 pick for the Falcons by the time the draft comes around? Hypothetical question just for discussion purposes, if you're the GM and there's a 50-50 chance you lose your #1 pick, would you trade that pick now for a package of picks outside of the first round just as a pre-emptive move?

Edited by slider

It sure as heck comes off that way. Do you know if Gregs or dupree will not be worth the 8? Nvm, don't answer. I can see you're opinions are questionable.

I wouldn't oppose to Dupree. He reminds me of Abe. But I'm just saying if we want Beasley,Ray,or Fowler then a trade up might have to be the option. I mean there are 5 teams ahead of us that need pass rushers.... JAX,TEN,WAS,OAK,and CHI

I wouldn't oppose to Dupree. He reminds me of Abe. But I'm just saying if we want Beasley,Ray,or Fowler then a trade up might have to be the option. I mean there are 5 teams ahead of us that need pass rushers.... JAX,TEN,WAS,OAK,and CHI

Cooper and White will likely be in that group. Along with Shelton to CHI. We will be choosing between Ray, Gregory, and Dupree at 8 IMO.

The best teams....Seattle, NE for example....let the draft come to them, rather than get panicky and trade valuable depth picks just to grab someone they fell in love with at combine.

This is a draft loaded with pass rushing talent...they all are a risk (See Jamal Anderson...heck, see Clowney last year) but on paper, even if Beasely/Ray/Fowler (BTW: the riskiest pick in draft, IMO) are all gone, you still grab Gregory with the 8th pick.He may turn out to be the best of the bunch, because the truth is, nobody knows.

What's the deal with the NoiseGate penalty? Any news? Seems like the team is at a disadvantage not knowing what picks if any will be taken away. That effects free agent planning. Will there be a #8 pick for the Falcons by the time the draft comes around? Hypothetical question just for discussion purposes, if you're the GM and there's a 50-50 chance you lose your #1 pick, would you trade that pick now for a package of picks outside of the first round just as a pre-emptive move?

This is an excellent point. What happens if the Falcons agree to say send 2nd or 3rd pick for a particular player. What happens? Does league jump in and say we can't trade our pick because they plan on taking that pick away and kill the deal?