Dez Prepping For Possible Move To Cb

jfalconsp

Dez will definitely not excel at cornerback. He looked comfortable playing in space and turning the jets on to track down deep passes. He will probably never be a great player in this league...but he most certainly could be solid depth at safety and a core special teams player will all that speed

How do you know that? Quinn's defense is simple. Not complicated at all and it's also fun to play in. He most certainly could exel if he gets better with hand usage. He's long already. Players make position switches all the time and exel at the new position. He's a smart kid that's already played corner.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really you see Alford as a NB man if I'm honest I don't see him there at all.Alford is an outside corner all day for me.All they have to do is use him to what he's good at and thats a press man corner let him show Wrers the sideline and then just mirror and let Alford use his speed with the sideline being another defender.

4.39 vs a 4.5 something for Thomas the difference being Thomas has some of the best instincts of any F/ball player playing.If I'm honest I would'nt like to see Alford at Safety.

Alford has good spacial instincts as well. Especially if he can watch the qb. His problem was not trusting what he was doing in nolans defense, technique, and getting his head around and that's related to him not trusting what he's doing.

Alford has good spacial instincts as well. Especially if he can watch the qb. His problem was not trusting what he was doing in nolans defense, technique, and getting his head around and that's related to him not trusting what he's doing.

But this it though Fatboi why does everyone think moving Alford to another position now there in fixes his problems when in alls said and done basically simplifying what he does and use his strengths are probably the better fix.

But this it though Fatboi why does everyone think moving Alford to another position now there in fixes his problems when in alls said and done basically simplifying what he does and use his strengths are probably the better fix.

I agree with that. He can be fixed at corner. I also agree if he's moved to FS it could be an advantage as well. He's a good tackler and he's quick as well as fast so that gives him the range to play the position. That only leaves him playing chess with the qb and having Matt Ryan as your qb is a good chess match for training camp.

He has great instincts already no matter what ppl may think. He does have great instincts. You saw that with that pick he had this year that nobody saw coming. It was a great read in the middle of the field but he was also reading the qb which is what a FS does the whole game. I like alford so I think he needs to be on the field but I'm not against giving him a look at FS. The deep ball isn't flying over his head and nobody can outrun him easily.

It's an interesting concept. McCourtey made the switch and it worked out. Plenty of old corners made the switch to safety later in their careers as well.

I agree with that. He can be fixed at corner. I also agree if he's moved to FS it could be an advantage as well. He's a good tackler and he's quick as well as fast so that gives him the range to play the position. That only leaves him playing chess with the qb and having Matt Ryan as your qb is a good chess match for training camp.

He has great instincts already no matter what ppl may think. He does have great instincts. You saw that with that pick he had this year that nobody saw coming. It was a great read in the middle of the field but he was also reading the qb which is what a FS does the whole game. I like alford so I think he needs to be on the field but I'm not against giving him a look at FS. The deep ball isn't flying over his head and nobody can outrun him easily.

It's an interesting concept. McCourtey made the switch and it worked out. Plenty of old corners made the switch to safety later in their careers as well.

He is training with Ryan Clark so he may very well be preparing to make the switch.

Amazing if southward becomes a starting corner. If he does, than 2014 draft will be the best one in decades. Thank you pioli.

Let's not get too carried away. Southward has a long way to go before he shows he can be an NFL CB....the fact they're moving him to another position from where he was originally drafted for just a year ago has red flag caution written all over it...

TD may have accidentally picked us up our Richard sherman last year in the 3rd round..

I was thinking the same thing. Didnt want.to say anything figured everyone would just say I was saying it bc of his hair. But his speed and strength are both impressive for a corner.