Current Cap

That sounds too low. If we had $35 million and Reed got $5 million, I'm sure we spend more than $1 million on the other three

Reed got a 5 year, $22m deal. That's $4.4m per year, and the first year is always a lower cap hit than the average annual of the contract.

Just a heads up though, $29m does not include the draft pool. Our draft pool is over $6m. We are closer to $23m in spendable cap space without having to restructure to sign draft picks.

This is the Saints philosophy and they lost Jimmy Graham because of it.

They went to the extreme though and did it with everyone.

But yeah if the FA pool dries up and we don't like too many guys then I hope we don't just spend for the sake of spending. Extend julio and take on a big cap hit for this year say 18m and it lets us still acquire some guys while having enough for draft/emergency fund. Will help us out down the road so his cap hits are a manageable 14/yr

Reed got a 5 year, $22m deal. That's $4.4m per year, and the first year is always a lower cap hit than the average annual of the contract.

Just a heads up though, $29m does not include the draft pool. Our draft pool is over $6m. We are closer to $23m in spendable cap space without having to restructure to sign draft picks.

I'm still under the belief that Sam Baker is going to wind up signing our draft picks when we designate him a June 1st cut at some point.

They went to the extreme though and did it with everyone.

But yeah if the FA pool dries up and we don't like too many guys then I hope we don't just spend for the sake of spending. Extend julio and take on a big cap hit for this year say 18m and it lets us still acquire some guys while having enough for draft/emergency fund. Will help us out down the road so his cap hits are a manageable 14/yr

I would like to see us lock up Julio before Bryant, Thomas, and Green get paid. Between the four of them, the contracts will go up each signing to one up the guy that was re-signed before them. We need to be in the front of that line

Fingers Crossed... If The front office plays this right we can truly head into the draft taking best Impact player available.. If they won't make splashes in FA we may at least make splashes in the draft..

Round 1; Kevin White

Round 2: Todd Gurley

Round 3: Clive Walford anyone?

I kid I kid.. No matter how many front 7 guys we bring in one of our first 3 picks needs to be one edge guy to groom.

Edited by M@ck

15 million for Draft/Emergency/Camp Cuts

Thats still 15 million for morgan, Clayborn, Housler, and perhaps Ron Parker.

Still need a TE, unless we go that route in the 4th round talent ala Toilino again for someone like Walford or O'Leary.

Fingers Crossed... If The front office plays this right we can truly head into the draft taking best Impact player available.. If they won't make splashes in FA we may at least make splashes in the draft..

Round 1; Kevin White

Round 2: Todd Gurley

Round 3: Clive Walford anyone?

I kid I kid.. No matter how many front 7 guys we bring in one of our first 3 picks needs to be one edge guy to groom.

Is that you, TD? :)

Falcons still will focus early in draft on D and OL:

Beasley/Ray

Perryman/McKinney

OG

Edited by Vandy

I would like to see us lock up Julio before Bryant, Thomas, and Green get paid. Between the four of them, the contracts will go up each signing to one up the guy that was re-signed before them. We need to be in the front of that line

Another fair point. I get the feeling we're going to be last in line