Nick Fairley Not Returning To Lions

WiscoFalcon

Nope. Guy is still getting by on his college resume. Never thought he'd be that good as a pro and from what I've seen I think I'm right.

Besides, same arguments apply as to why we weren't signing Suh. Not that he's demanding that kind of money but you've got your $ tied up in Soliai and Jackson, high draft pick in Hageman last season, no point in investing serious bread in another DT with other needs that have to be addressed.

Lions are moving to a 3-4 a year after they dominated in a 4-3. That's what happens when you lose someone like Suh.

Eh, it's a little more nuanced than that. Austin of course came from Baltimore and I venture to say that's the package he's getting in place in his second year -- which I'm sure the organization had in mind as a plan B in case they lost Suh. And the Ravens, well the press has been calling them a 3-4 for years, but in actuality their defense is closer to a 4-3 in the way it functions just with 3-4 personel and the way they labeled them.

Cut Babs, then cut Jackson after June 1st

Yeah I would do that. because those to cuts would give us space to sign him (like we need it. but just saying it won't be a big hit on us if we signed Fairley to 3 years at 25 million. it would more be after those cuts "like" we signed him for 3 years 3 years 17 million).

More only thing is I think Jackson is going to do good with quinn. but babs has the age.