Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconBlood

Free Agent De/olb Derrick Morgan Has Not Left Falcons Meetings

277 posts in this topic

I'm a well done man. I've never understood you medium rare boys and your insistence that the "natural juices" not be cooked out of the meat. Let's examine this shall we? Steak (beef) comes from cows. Cows are mammals. The "natural juices" found in mammals are water, blood, urine, sweat, semen, saliva, and digestive endocrines. Which of these "natural juices" do you medium rare boys insist be left into your steak? emot-munch.gif

Mostly fat I'm pretty sure, which creates the oil. Or have you not used a George Foreman grill before?

Oh and turns out fatty grease is delicious. I'm as shocked as you are.

Let me know when you crack the code of why so many don't want dry tasteless meat they have to mask with marinading and A1 sauce.

I dont know if its an acquired taste, but I agree, I am not a fan of raw meat.

You're far from the only one, but the food snobs will always make sure that you know what you're supposed to enjoy.

Romfal likes this

I used to eat med rare, but it wasn't the flavor that bothered me, it was the texture and the temperature. Medium rare is cooked and served pink with cooled red in the center. I didn't like biting into a steak and eating food at 2 completely opposite temperatures and it's slightly more gritty too. Medium well is how I get mine now, cooked slightly brown with a luke-warm pink center, the meat is softer on the inside too. The blood part never bothered me.

The real question is what KIND of steak you like.

I'll eat Porterhouse or Sirloin with Mushrooms on top. Both are delicious.

Used to eat ribeye and New York Strip but I can't stand trying to chew through the fat anymore. Sure the fat adds lots of flavor, but again its a texture thing.

Also, any word on the Actual topic of the thread? Once I know this I'll happily return to the direction the thread went.

Would have thought we would have heard something by now....

he is probably sleeping on it, tour the branch in the morning, unless he goes to Tampa....

So did we sign the guy... Cuz I've been preemptively celebrating.

not yet, but he was at dinner with Quinn, TD, the new guys we signed and that WR we are interested in.

not yet, but he was at dinner with Quinn, TD, the new guys we signed and that WR we are interested in.

That's the whole reason I started celebrating... But like nothing new?

I work in a steakhouse. All you guys getting well done might as well order the cheapest steak you can find, you're eating leather at that point. No flavor.

Go medium rare like a real man. The flavor is absolutely in the juices, I know how each steak temperature tastes. For the same reason you don't want to eat a dry porkchop, there's no flavor in that.

You have nothing to be scared of. If the steak is cooked properly, all the bad bacteria is killed, even if it's cooked at the rare temperature. You get it well done because you're scared of the blood, all of us medium rare guys know that. You don't have to hide that fact and defend yourself.

A well done steak is a waste of meat. Medium is good enough for me tho. Had medium rare a couple of times, although it was very tasty, had a little too much blood for me lol.

BTW, it's not blood, it's hemoglobin, which is a protein that helps carry oxygen to the red blood cells in tissue -- and some water. There is little to no actual blood in properly butchered meat.

That sexy brain