Angry White House And G.o.p. Senators Clash Over Letter To Iran

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be hilarious if these senators were arrested on the Capitol floor and charged with violation of the Logan Act. And then Obama could immediately pardon them in an act of magnanimity and explain to the nation why trying to undermine America's credibility in decade-long nuclear negotiations that have involved all of the world's major powers is not a good idea.

Sure, some Cliven Bundy types would flip out and hopefully suicide-by-cop. But's that's a win-win in my book.

I think it would be hilarious if these senators were arrested on the Capitol floor and charged with violation of the Logan Act. And then Obama could immediately pardon them in an act of magnanimity and explain to the nation why trying to undermine America's credibility in decade-long nuclear negotiations that have involved all of the world's major powers is not a good idea.

Sure, some Cliven Bundy types would flip out and hopefully suicide-by-cop. But's that's a win-win in my book.

They're mostly just chicken hawks. They always talk about violent revolution but they'll just stick to bitching and moaning on articles linked on Drudge.

Jeebus, Republicans are coming out of the woodwork these days. Here is Lindsey Graham:

And here's the first thing I would do if I were president of the United States. I wouldn't let Congress leave town until we fix this. I would literally use the military to keep them in if I had to. We're not leaving town until we restore these defense cuts. We are not leaving town until we restore the intel cuts.

That's more authoritarian and dictatorial than anything that Obama or Bush combined has done.

It truly is a matter of time. Their constituency is slowly dying out.

Their constituency will always be replaced as many of these younger know it all "progressives" grow up and realize how full of **** and unsustainable the liberal ideology really is without a middle class to support their pipedream of eliminating poverty. The ranks will always replenish themselves. Keep wishing though.

Their constituency will always be replaced as many of these younger know it all "progressives" grow up and realize how full of **** and unsustainable the liberal ideology really is without a middle class to support their pipedream of eliminating poverty. The ranks will always replenish themselves. Keep wishing though.

I don't think cnasty is wishing for any kind of wealth re-distribution and destruction of the middle class. He's a working man with a young family and student debt, same as me. I think he's referring to some of the nuttier things the baby boomers/GOP are currently doing, like engaging in obstructionism on literally every single thing the current administration supports just to spite Obama.