Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atlantafan21

Corey Peters, Dwight Lowery, And Antone Smith

64 posts in this topic

Why haven't or why aren't we resigning these guys? Antone is a home run hitter and could do well in the Falcons' new zone blocking scheme. Peters did well and didn't really get much of a chance last season coming off a good year, although he did have a bad injury late in 2013. Lowery was arguably our 2nd or third best player on defense last year. It seems unlikely we'd resign him after we resigned Godfrey though(which still doesn't make much sense, especially for the money we signed him for).

They're not top tier FA so their markets haven't really opened up. They will want to see whats out there before deciding if coming back to Atlanta is right for them.

They're not top tier FA so their markets haven't really opened up. They will want to see whats out there before deciding if coming back to Atlanta is right for them.

I think that's how it is for sure with Corey Peters, who may think his value could be around 4-5 mil a year, which I think the Falcons aren't willing to give him. Lowery probably won't be signed to a very big offer at all. Antone won't get a huge offer either.

Post like this kill me. How do you know that we haven't made an offer to all three? All three had pretty solid seasons and are likely drawing interest from other teams. Any agent worth something will be in their ear telling them to wait and see what other offers they get first

When they don't get the expected offers the Falcons might be able to sign them on the cheap. Personally, I would take all three for the right price.

Peters always seems to out-play his contract....BUT we have Soliai, Jackson, Hageman, Babs. I would take Peters over Jackson or a 33-yr-old Babs.

Lowrey probably isn't ideal for Quinn's system and has a history of concussions... BUT I loved how he D'd up Jimmy Graham. Would take him if he came cheap.

Antone I'm surprised this didn't get done. Maybe it's the injury or maybe his agent thinks they might get more elsewhere. Explosive in the offense and a gem on ST.

I'd really like to bring Peters back. I'd rather have him than Babs, who has lost a couple of steps in my opinion.

I'm surprised Babs is still on the roster. Expected him to be cut.

Yahoo! Sports' Rand Getlin reports free agent DT Corey Peters has drawn interest from six teams.

This sounds like agent-driven information, but it's worth pointing out nonetheless. An earlier report out of Atlanta had Peters seeking $5-6 million annually. We can't see that, even with Peters coming off back-to-back solid seasons. The soon-to-be 27-year-old will reportedly make a decision "soon."

Why are folks so adamant about resigning Tone who is over 30 and recovering from a broken leg but so against signing Justin Forsett who is a year younger, healthy and has proven he can carry the load?

Why are folks so adamant about resigning Tone who is over 30 recovering from a broken leg but so against Justin Forsett who is a year younger, nealthy and has proven he can carry the load?

I'm for signing Forsett, unless he wants a lot of money I'd be all for that signing.

I'm for signing Forsett, unless he wants a lot of money I'd be all for that signing.

I find it kind of ironic that a lot of people are against over 30 FA running backs in general but so adament about resigning Tone, who is an over 30 FA running back.

Hey these guys have homes here. Their not gonna pack up and leave for a little and they will prob give birds a chance to match. If not "seeya"

Antone Smith is one overrated mf I tell ya..Straight line speed doesn't make a good rb folks..Good st player though..

That's how I feel. I love Antoine the person, and the ST player, but the RB is questionable.

I find it kind of ironic that a lot of people are against over 30 FA running backs in general but so adament about resigning Tone, who is an over 30 FA running back.

Thank you!!! You sir, is a breath of fresh air around here.

We're letting them test the market.

I still expect us to re-sign Smith. I doubt he bails on us for the Giants.

Peters is supposedly drawing interest from multiple teams. If another team offers him more money than Atlanta, I could see him leaving.

Lowery... no idea. No idea if we even want him back after we've re-signed Godfrey and shown interest in Ron Parker.