Steven Jackson: Save The Runningback

It's a joke. The proceeds from any sales go to his charity.

Then its a crappy dishonest marketing strategy, because it makes no mention of the joke on his site, even has a prefilled message to send to teams to play their best backs.

So he's either suckering people stupid enough to think its serious, or hoping that people will make such a fuss about how stupid it is that he can get cheap promotion, probably both. Neither seems to be a noble way to promote a charitable cause.

Edit: though that's just a guess, I've still seen no mention that this is actually a joke.

Edited by B3TD

Then its a crappy dishonest marketing strategy, because it makes no mention of the joke on his site, even has a prefilled message to send to teams to play their best backs.

So he's either suckering people stupid enough to think its serious, or hoping that people will make such a fuss about how stupid it is that he can get cheap promotion, probably both. Neither seems to be a noble way to promote a charitable cause.

Edit: though that's just a guess, I've still seen no mention that this is actually a joke.

Because it's so obviously a joke there doesn't need to be. Guess SJax overestimated people.

The guy is just having some fun. I fail to see how someone does not get the joke here. Of course, this being the internet, I should know better.

Falcon fans just want to hate this guy for no reason at all.

I mean, I've heard him seriously say things to this effect before. It looks exactly like what he's saying in this article...

In this age of gridiron specialization, there are short-yardage backs, pass-catching backs, first- and second-down backs, change-of-pace backs, power backs, speed backs. While more and more teams seem to be going with running backs by committee, Jackson is a committee of one. And he takes great pride in it.

"Although it is a dying spot, a dying position, to be a 300-plus (touch) guy year-in and year-out, I actually don't look at it that way," Jackson said. "I see the guys that I looked up to in my childhood, you had guys a lot smaller than me carrying the load and doing it for quite some time and being successful at it."

As Jackson sees it, he is simply carrying on that tradition.

"You know, I (pattern) myself after them," he said. "I wanted to be them when I was a child. And the way I'm playing out my career is everything that I dreamed of, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I understand the rebuttal is you may lengthen your career if you share the ball a little more. And my rebuttal to that is let me live out my legacy the way I choose to."

I see now that the video is supposedly "dry humor", but it seems like he's just saying what he actually believes. Hilarious...