Talking To Vic Beasleys Friend

JiveAF

So on Instagram I follow Beasley. About two months ago, he posted a picture of a guy who he worked out with before the combine. Well they're friends obviously. Well today I decided to message the guy and ask him how long he's known VIC. Etc. Well the guy and I have been talking for a bit and I found out some things.

Vic consistently mentions to him, he would love to be a Falcon. (We know he's a Falcons fan)

He hasn't mentioned anything about money to the friend. (He just loves to compete and play football)

He's always been drug free and I said "I'm not a reporter or anything. I'm just curious" and he told me Beasley is pretty adamant about being drug free.

I asked if Beasley has ever mentioned what position would he want to play for ATL and Vic said something like "I'll stand up and rush the passer. Or have my hand in the ground..I'm sure they'd like me to hit Brees a few times"

I'm not making this stuff up. Anyway, I'll ask the fella some questions for Yall if you'd like. He's even going to get Vic to Follow me (I didn't ask and he liked that)

My son goes to school where Beasley went and lived in this neighborhood for a long time. I've heard from someone that if he had a chance to be a preacher he wouldn't even go pro. You can't always believe what you hear but I hope he does want to be a Falcon. I hope we can get him.

Maybe we're interested in all these lower tier players to justify losing some 'depth' picks for when we trade up for Vic? Unlike KOG I love the storyline behind stuff and I think we get the best Beasley available in Atlanta man.

People's personal stories don't win games.

Talented players who buy in to the system do.

People's personal stories don't win games.

Talented players who buy in to the system do.

there's a psychological edge to it too though...like what made that player buy into this system. like Brady might not have the same hunger if he's taken #1 overall to prove everybody wrong

I've got to quit clicking on these threads. I'm going to be even more disappointed when he gets drafted before our pick.

I feel like it's a foregone conclusion at this point. I hate it, too. Not sure where he'd go exactly. Jags, maybe Chicago? Either way, I'm preparing for the let down.

I don't see Chicago picking him, they just signed McPhee or will tomorrow.

Chicago was going to get Shelton anyways. Bucs will likely get Winston, with the Eagles trading up with the Jets for Mariota. Raiders take Amari Cooper...and then it gets tricky. Jags, Titans, and Skins could all use pass rushers. Mostly worried about the Titans, hoping Shane Ray balls out at his pro day and has a couple great interviews, though I do think he'd be a nice consolation prize. It's likely Leonard Williams and Fowler go before us but I have this sinking feeling that the Skins could pick up Beasley too. Would be nice if Kevin White went ahead of us...

For what it's worth im pretty good friends with Vic. Played in the same position groups as him in highschool and lived two doors down from him for quite some time. The guy is an amazing person and everything OP is saying is true. Hes never touched drugs or alcohol and is very serious in his religious beliefs. He would rather hang out with a few friends and play some NBA 2K than to ever go out to a club. I advised him to go pro last year but he really doesn't care about the money. In my opinion he would have went before Anthony Barr last year and that's what I told him. He doesn't seem to mind.