• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If this is the case and those numbers are accurate then they couldn't have wanted him back that bad.

No it means he thinks he is worth a bunch of money and he isn't

lol bye

You seriously think Spoon is leaving because he was "put off" by fans' responses to his tweets? I think that's pretty uncharitable. Because it would mean Spoon is a childish idiot. Money is BY FAR the most reasonable explanation for why he may be leaving. And I'll repeat something I said early on -- I'd wager this leak is designed to move the ball for one side or another. I'd bet the chances of him coming back are about as good today as they were when people were reporting we were close to a deal with him a couple of days ago.

But if he leaves, it will be because he wanted more money than we wanted to pay. Bank on that.

Lol just can't be wrong I see.

Spoon is a guy that wears his heart on his sleeve as evident by the tweets or the halftime locker room speech where he cried or just his personality for however long he has been a Falcon.

That tends to lead to decisions being made based off of emotions rather than physical things like money. Every quality of a person comes with a positive and negative. The negative impact could be hurt feelings from a fan hood that maybe he thought mostly backed him up and was able to look past injuries he may not have control over.

Some may see that as childish, some may not but that same emotion is what makes him endearing to the fan base, his teammates, and can positively affect his play on the field.

I agree that based on the odds of free agency that money is the more likely factor but if I'm basing it off of what Spoon shows and it seems to be genuine, then I think there's a good possibility that it may not be money.

And I fully agree with you as well that it doesn't mean he is going to Arizona. He very well could still come here. I remember Everson Griffin situation with the Vikings was similar and Hawley's last year was the same as well.

So to answer your initial question. I seriously don't know but what I choose to do is to not make an assumption and stick only by that assumption.

Edited by ATLFalcons11

To those saying spoon is an 'impact player'

He has 8 career sacks, 2 career INTs, 15 career PD and 1 career forced fumble, one....

Where are these impact plays that you speak of?

Didn't he make Marshawn fumble in the divisional round in 2012? I remember him making Ryan Matthews fumble inside the 5 that same year early in the season

Didn't he make Marshawn fumble in the divisional round in 2012? I remember him making Ryan Matthews fumble inside the 5 that same year early in the season

Those are the only two fumbles he has caused in his entire career (51 games)

For the sake of perspective, Worrilow has just as many & has played in 19 fewer games.

As I pointed out in my post on the previous page, injury concerns aside, Spoon's production when healthy has shown him to be average at best & nothing close to an impact player.

He is extremely upgradable.

I wouldn't put Weatherspoon on the same level as Grimes. I knew Grimes was a shutdown corner but Weatherspoon... I think he can be pretty decent if he can stay healthy but he will never be an elite guy.

Pretty much.

On his best days, Spoon is nothing more than A Demorrio Williams level talent with a personality that dupes people into thinking he is better than he actually is.

People need to stop insulting Brent Grimes by comparing Sean Weatherspoon's situation to his. Brent Grimes got injured towards the end of the 2011 season and missed the 2012 season with a freak injury. Aside from those two seasons, Brent Grimes showed himself to be healthy.

Plus Grimes was a top 10 player at his position despite the coaching staff's best efforts to not play him. Sean Weatherspoon has been hyped and given every chance by this team to be the face of this defense but he's never played anywhere near top 10 at his position. Just last year Sean Weatherspoon was the main defensive guy being used for Falcons' marketing promotions. Grimes never got that type of love.

The guy got hurt in training camp working out with trainers on the sideline. How can we pay that. At least grimes got hurt in a game.

Spoon needs to get paid now cause he is not going to last long.

probably looking for some guaranteed money in case something pops again. Can't blame him, but its not what we need to do if he cant help on the field.

Lol just can't be wrong I see.

Spoon is a guy that wears his heart on his sleeve as evident by the tweets or the halftime locker room speech where he cried or just his personality for however long he has been a Falcon.

That tends to lead to decisions being made based off of emotions rather than physical things like money. Every quality of a person comes with a positive and negative. The negative impact could be hurt feelings from a fan hood that maybe he thought mostly backed him up and was able to look past injuries he may not have control over.

Some may see that as childish, some may not but that same emotion is what makes him endearing to the fan base, his teammates, and can positively affect his play on the field.

I agree that based on the odds of free agency that money is the more likely factor but if I'm basing it off of what Spoon shows and it seems to be genuine, then I think there's a good possibility that it may not be money.

And I fully agree with you as well that it doesn't mean he is going to Arizona. He very well could still come here. I remember Everson Griffin situation with the Vikings was similar and Hawley's last year was the same as well.

So to answer your initial question. I seriously don't know but what I choose to do is to not make an assumption and stick only by that assumption.

It has nothing to do with being wrong. I think the notion that Spoon said "I was all about signing with Atlanta until their fans hurt my feelings" is just highly unlikely. And if true, he's a moron and I don't want him here anyway. No telling what other slights would hurt his little feelings and make him not want to perform.

But I don't think it's true. I believe it's about money, because the vast majority of free agent issues are about money versus performance. He thinks he should get more money, the Falcons think his performance doesn't warrant what he wants. If it turns out to be something else, I'll be fine admitting I'm wrong. But the most likely option remains the most likely option. This is almost certainly about money, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's how business is done in the NFL.

It's funny when I see people talking about a play here and a play there from games in his entire career as examples of him being a playmaker. A good/great lb makes multiple big time plays in a single game a few times a year. Spoons never had a game where he's dominated ever. He's a decent lb and the best one we have but our lbs are garbage.

I liked Spoon a lot and he was one of my favorite players. Gonna suck to see him go and pull a Grimes on us and all of yall bltch about us not keeping him. But if he finds "greener pastures" in Arizona, then good luck to him. We can easily get Kendricks, Dawson or Thompson to replace him.

I just hope he stays healthy and tears it up wherever he suits up.