Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rings

Spoon Gone?

Brandon spikes, mcclain, and justin Durant are available. I'd want spikes or mcclain. I also would like to see jasper brinkley who we shouldve drafted as a 5th rounder over middleton brought in as a backup.

I´m sure the Harris contract had something to do with it. Yesterday was almost a done deal and now he´s gone. Sucks to see 1 of my top 3 favs falcons in the roster gone. With the holeswe have in the LB position, his role in the locker room, and most important, his value in Quinn´s defense i really think we should have made an effort for resigning him. Even overpay, cause it will sucks to see that money invested in a mid tier player like T-Jax or Soliai.

McClain just came off a VERY productive season with the Cowboys. Spoon just came off his second rehab season in a row.

McClain may miss 4 games. Spoon, by history, will almost certainly miss more than that. I'll take the 25 year old with upside and no injury history to speak of over the guy who can't stay on the field to save his life. Sorry.

I brought up Harris to give you an example of another type of player I think is an upgrade over Spoon. Harris' upside is nowhere near what McClain's is, but he's a stable veteran who can stay on the football field and be productive.

McClain can't stay on the field for other reasons. Lmao. He was just retired! Lol.

I know Spoon is a tough subject because he has been injured a lot and then I know you personally disagreed with his tweet even though he tweeted right afterwards that it had nothing to do with the Falcons.

But you're defending a guy who has just as much trouble staying on the field as Spoon to the point of RETIREMENT and was considered one of the biggest busts in draft history.

He had one good year and now he is worth it? He is a suspect ALREADY for more issues and the offseason just started a month ago. You're willing to give money to someone who can't even dedicate himself to the game solely?

And I don't want to be rude but Harris can't be a part of the conversation because he isn't a free agent. I understand the stability he COULD have brought but it's not even an option. I asked who is better in FA specifically.

McClain can't stay on the field for other reasons. Lmao. He was just retired! Lol.

I know Spoon is a tough subject because he has been injured a lot and then I know you personally disagreed with his tweet even though he tweeted right afterwards that it had nothing to do with the Falcons.

But you're defending a guy who has just as much trouble staying on the field as Spoon to the point of RETIREMENT and was considered one of the biggest busts in draft history.

He had one good year and now he is worth it. He is a suspect ALREADY for more issues and the offseason just started a month ago. You're willing to give money to someone who can't even dedicate himself to the game solely?

And I don't want to be rude but Harris can't be a part of the conversation because he isn't a free agent. I understand the stability he COULD have brought but it's not even an option.

Is he worth it?

I have no idea.

Is Spoon worth it?

You have no idea.

What we do know is that in 2014, McClain was vastly superior to Spoon. Can Spoon stay healthy? No one knows. Can McClain keep up his 2014 production and stay out of trouble? No one knows. But there is one thing everyone knows -- by recent history, 2014 McClain has it all over 2014 Spoon. Unless your crystal ball is better than mine, "we can improve his position in FA" is hardly the outlandish claim you are trying to make it out to be.

This could be Baker II , same thing happened when we resigned Baker but he had at least come off 1 good season! We can't afford to take that chance in tying up big money with his track record. No matter what he may do some where else.

Is he worth it?

I have no idea.

Is Spoon worth it?

You have no idea.

What we do know is that in 2014, McClain was vastly superior to Spoon. Can Spoon stay healthy? No one knows. Can McClain keep up his 2014 production and stay out of trouble? No one knows. But there is one thing everyone knows -- by recent history, 2014 McClain has it all over 2014 Spoon. Unless your crystal ball is better than mine, "we can improve his position in FA" is hardly the outlandish claim you are trying to make it out to be.

So based on one player that you admit to not having a clue if he will pan out my claim is outlandish?

That seems to be the outlandish or far-fetched part to me.

Based on McClain's history, I would say the odds that he pans out are against us. I would say the same for Spoon but I would rather take a chance on a injury prone person than a person who just doesn't get it after having multiple chances.

Plus McClain wouldn't play WLB anyway. Lol.

One player tho...

Wtf! Are we going to learn we can't let our best players go? We have seen this too many times where we let people go and not replace them. Hopefully we have a plan. I can see it coming. I really don't like this at all.

Maybe I'm wrong since two people so far seems to think so.

Can McClain play WLB or is he not a MLB?

I'm seriously asking

Just mlb, but I think with his athleticism he can play SAM as well if needed be. We should draft a wlb or move either of Bartu or worrilow there.

Wtf! Are we going to learn we can't let our best players go? We have seen this too many times where we let people go and not replace them. Hopefully we have a plan. I can see it coming. I really don't like this at all.

Best player based on what? too much money for Baker to have a play mate in TR. LOL

My guess is the Falcons offered him a fair, but cautious contract since he has been injured constantly. The Cardinals are probably ignoring the injuries and offered him a much larger contract.

I'm a fan of Spoon and he would really help our defense if he was healthy, but I have zero confidence in him staying healthy. It would really suck to give him a big contract and count on him just for him to miss a bunch of games again.