Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rings

Spoon Gone?

Listen folks. The only halfway decent LB crew we ever had under Dimi was in 2011 when we started Nic, Lofton and Spoon and backed em up with Mo Pete, Dent and Adkins. All of em got Dimitroffed. Now we are down to Worrilow, Bartu, Shembo, Starr, Spruill and Stupar. Arguably the worst LB squad in the league. Search your feelings, you know it to be true. How that mofo kept his job is just mind boggling to me. Got to have pictures of Blank doing unnatural things. If you put me in charge for 24 hours the first thing I would do is drive up to the Branch and fire his as. He sucks monkey balls. Trust me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewq0X2YgJuA

Shameless merge bump.

Dimitroffed!!!!!

so if Spoon goes to the Cardinals and tears it up, It will be TD's fault. If spoon goes to the Cardinals and gets injured as usual I bet it is because Quinn's a genius.

You forgot, if they actually sign Spoon anyway: All TD does is re-sign injured players.

Spoon has played 7 games in the last 2 years, he's coming off an Achilles tear-did you see Biermann last year? Took him 8 games to really trust his body again.

Wanted Spoon back because he might come back and be a really effective player for the Falcons, at a position of need, but no reason to break the bank for him.

you said we gutted the roster. And the only people gone is spoon, mass, mcclain.

Did they help us last year or something? cause your comment acted like there was a lot of players there that we gutted. And only players I see gutted is players who failed and had a injury constantly.

You miscomprehended...

I asked how far the roster gutting was going to go. As in being still in progress. It was a question not a statement or an argument supporting their retainment.

Then I stated that the only people who know what they they'll be doing next year are Moore and Trufant...

I said nothing about Mass, Spoon, or anyone else, but if you are keeping up with the team then you'd know that there are a host of other names linked to other locations or assignments different then where they were playing last year, Umenyiora, Lowery, Alford, Peters, etc...

Shameless merge bump.

Dimitroffed!!!!!

Who did Nicholas sign with after the Falcons let him go?

Nolan was the one that poisoned the waters with Lofton,not TD

Peterson was 36 when the Falcons let him go- he was brought in a veteran presence and served well, nobody signed him either.

You hated Dent-you said the only reason he wasn't ranked last at LB in 2012 is because he didn't get enough snaps to qualify- and Adkins never did anything.

Spoon has played 7 games last 2 years, if he ends up re-signing with the Falcons, you'll complain about TD signing injured players.

You want to complain that the cupboard is bare, feel free, but don't act like getting rid of those players was a bad thing.

Peterson was 36 when the Falcons let him go- he was brought in a veteran presence and served well, nobody signed him either.

You hated Dent-you said the only reason he wasn't ranked last at LB in 2012 is because he didn't get enough snaps to qualify- and Adkins never did anything.

Spoon has played 7 games last 2 years, if he ends up re-signing with the Falcons, you'll complain about TD signing injured players.

You want to complain that the cupboard is bare, feel free, but don't act like getting rid of those players was a bad thing.

Totally forgot about Nicholas. He still has yet to sign somewhere. Had to look that up.

I didn't say we shouldn't have gotten rid of them. I said that was the last time and only time we had a decent LB crew. Look at them dam tapes son. Then post the tapes of the LBs he replaced them with. You're starting to piss me off with this undying love for all things Dimi. He sucks bro. Bad.

Guest Gritz

I'm going to wait and see what Quinn's influence will be on this front office before I totally bury them (the FO, I love Quinn as the HC).

I'm not going to lie though...I thought that Dimitroff needed to go with Smitty.

Falcons cut HD to free up 3.5mil and keep Spoon.

Spoon leaves cause HD got cut.

Gotta love the irony.

I didn't want Abe to go either, but in hindsight he had some health and other issues and only had one decent year left in the tank.

Ultimately, if we're building for the long term then Spoon isn't the type (injuries) of player we need.

Spoon was a good player and gave good defensive leadership. It would have been nice if his salary was of no concern, but for the last 2 years, he was basically a brawny cheerleader without the pom-poms. We needs beasts on the field, not feel-good stories...

Sorry but a coach saying how much you want a player on a team and the player saying how much he wants to be here then letting him walk for barely nothing is a bad sign. He's rubbing off on the players the wrong way IMO. Were in a complete rebuild whether people believe it or not. Spoon was injured yes, but he was the leader on this D regardless. Just like when we lost Abe our D suffered. It also suffered when we lost Spoon. Quinn isn't making any friends (although he's not here to make friends) on this team and I don't expect much improvement next year. At this point were still a 6-7 win team.

I didn't know the season started tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know.