Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rings

Spoon Gone?

514 posts in this topic

Despite his flaws, he's our best linebacker when healthy.

His injury ridden past didn't stop our front office from trying to bring him back. Says a lot about our linebacker situation.

It does, but it's even sadder that every position -- Spoon included -- can be improved.

It's not like we're losing a super good Pro Bowl linebacker. He's good, real good when healthy. But he isn't looking at the HOF anytime soon. We can improve his position in FA just as easily as we can sign him. I'd like to have him back, but not at a premium.

The Talon likes this

To those saying spoon is an 'impact player'

He has 8 career sacks, 2 career INTs, 15 career PD and 1 career forced fumble, one....

Where are these impact plays that you speak of?

One of those picks was all Worrilow lol

To those saying spoon is an 'impact player'

He has 8 career sacks, 2 career INTs, 15 career PD and 1 career forced fumble, one....

Where are these impact plays that you speak of?

TFLs

Just looked at the Linebackers available as of Monday.... not much to shout about. Maybe a few stop gaps.

Foster is obvious one.

Has McClain resigned with Cowboys? I would take him as MIKE LB for now.

Bartu might be starting you know :D

One thing is possible, We could be doubling on Linebackers in rounds 1 and 2.

It does, but it's even sadder that every position -- Spoon included -- can be improved.

It's not like we're losing a super good Pro Bowl linebacker. He's good, real good when healthy. But he isn't looking at the HOF anytime soon. We can improve his position in FA just as easily as we can sign him. I'd like to have him back, but not at a premium.

Who's an improvement over him in FA?

Despite his flaws, he's our best linebacker when healthy.

His injury ridden past didn't stop our front office from trying to bring him back. Says a lot about our linebacker situation.

Which is an indictment on this organization still. Change is needed. I get it. The organization wanted him back as a sort of band aid until Quinn had time to get all of his guys. Guess we'll have to work faster now.

ZoneOne01 likes this

Which is an indictment on this organization still. Change is needed. I get it. The organization wanted him back as a sort of band aid until Quinn had time to get all of his guys. Guess we'll have to work faster now.

Think it is more to get him at the right price or it's better to put that money in a different name that can produce more...

Good!! I didn't want him. He can't stay healthy and even if we signed him to a cap friendly deal, he would be depended on top be a starter and he would get hurt. Then we are going to our bench. Start fresh.

PokerSteve likes this

Having Spoon watch from the bench while he's hurt doesn't help our LB situation.

"When healthy'' is a fantasy.

Who said, "When healthy" wasn't a fantasy?

Everybody knows he's injury prone. Quinn and the front office wanted to bring him back despite that.

Fact is, our line backing corp needed to be upgraded with or without Spoon. It's easily one of the worst in the league.