Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rings

Spoon Gone?

514 posts in this topic

Peace out featherspoon, he is probably asking for unreasonable money. They have fears he'll break his thumb signing a new contract.

Yesterday it was reported that Spoon would be signing soon! Today he's a goner! "I don't believe sh@t until sh@t happens". Either way it's all good as long as he's not going to N.O.

JDaveG likes this

It isn't even up for debate. They better attack this position hard in free agency and the draft.

maybe we snag Malcom Smith and Lance Briggs and look in the second round for another LB.

Yesterday it was reported that Spoon would be signing soon! Today he's a goner! "I don't believe sh@t until sh@t happens". Either way it's all good as long as he's not going to N.O.

they literally have NO money I believe they are still $20 mil over the cap.

Or Tampa Bay.... Or Carolina...

Gnorts likes this

not a whole lot of options as LB goes this FA.

There are definitely better options than Smith and Briggs. There is McPhee, Graham, Worilds, etc.

Our LB core is the worst in the league. Spoon would have made it a little better, but we'll see it what happens

Hope this don't turn out like the Grimes situation.

its a little different. Grimes got hurt once Spoon has been hurt every single year. Wish he was staying like his game but I trust what we are doing. I believe in Quinn and his ability to coach guys up

they literally have NO money I believe they are still $20 mil over the cap.

naw they are much lower than that got Colson and a couple of guys to take pay cuts probably gonna cut Lofton and at least one of their guards they'll get under the cap but will have a ton of dead money

There are definitely better options than Smith and Briggs. There is McPhee, Graham, Worilds, etc.

they're not a true LB. Rush 3-4 LB Graham is pricing himself way too high. Say something that he wanted around $35-$45 mil no way

its a little different. Grimes got hurt once Spoon has been hurt every single year. Wish he was staying like his game but I trust what we are doing. I believe in Quinn and his ability to coach guys up

But tatf assured me that Optimus was injury prone...they assured me.

naw they are much lower than that got Colson and a couple of guys to take pay cuts probably gonna cut Lofton and at least one of their guards they'll get under the cap but will have a ton of dead money

And so ends what began as the "Saints Dynasty" less than 10 years ago.

Buh-Bye.

This is so sad... Bad beginning to FA.. He would be perfect for this defense, but maybe that crazy David Harris resigning yesterday ruined everything.

The title is misleading. Just because he is testing the market means he is gone. TD probably has a figure in mind and will let him see his worth in the open market and will match another team offer if reasonable. The best approach not to overpay for his services

AEFalcon likes this

No on Smith and Briggs

I say yes to smith he knows the system and would be an upgrade over what we have. I Spoon is always injured how big of a loss is it?