Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rings

Spoon Gone?

514 posts in this topic

Smh I hope we sign a plethora of lbs

we drafted a plethora of bad linebackers last year save for Shembo (hopefully). What a freaking waste

I was happy to draft him, but he never really...mmmmm...never saw him do much more than flash. Has similar stats to Worrilow, yet more people want Worrilow gone than Spoon.

because Worrilow doesn't have the ounce of God given talent like Spoon
Bunchy Carter likes this

Im just speculating here but maybe a short term deal wouldnt fit in Quinns plans in rebuilding the defense. With Spoons injuries, it would be a risk to sign him to anything longer than that.

It is odd that it was announced that they wanted him back and next thing you know he is gone.

Man our drafts. 2008 Baker-everyone wants cut. Terrible extension has cost us and continues to. Next year Peria Jerry not even in the league- retired. 2010 Spoon constantly hurt, no longer with team

That is terrible luck on injuries no matter how you slice it. Baker is injured almost every season and has had his share of IR's. He was a decent option when healthy. Jerry who knows how good he would have been but terrible injury in his 2nd game and he was awful for us. Spoon showed the potential to develop into a dominant LBer. Probably would have if he stayed healthy and could actually string together a couple seasons

If we keep going 2011 julio has had injuries issues of his own. Matthews getting a high ankle sprain in his 1st game.. lisfranc in the season finale and currently recovering. The only one who hasn't (other than Ryan) is Tru. Knock on ******* wood

2 Words, " Worri - Low " wink.png

SMH.... Feels like this team is doing everything wrong so far. Not impressed with what's been going on with this team so far it doesn't look like it'll be any good next season. Addition by subtraction never works in the NFL. Only thing positive thing I see happening so far is declining seat prices at the new stadium. We're not getting Suh, Houston, Hardy or Farely so no "big name" defensive FA is coming here. Letting go 2 of the "fan favorites" and our best OLineman is a great way to sell tickets that have a 12% increase in price on a team that's won 10 games over the last 2 years.

SMH.... Feels like this team is doing everything wrong so far. Not impressed with what's been going on with this team so far it doesn't look like it'll be any good next season. Addition by subtraction never works in the NFL. Only thing positive thing I see happening so far is declining seat prices at the new stadium. We're not getting Suh, Houston, Hardy or Farely so no "big name" defensive FA is coming here. Letting go 2 of the "fan favorites" and our best OLineman is a great way to sell tickets that have a 12% increase in price on a team that's won 10 games over the last 2 years.

A worthless piece of **** sitting on IR doesn't sell any tickets either ...

To be fair, Asamoah is much better than Blalock. Blalock was just tenured and decent for longer.

3-4 mil isn't bad but I would rather pay that or a little more to a guy who can stay on the field. Spoon has a lot of energy but is an average linebacker.

Still sells Jerseys though ph34r.png

The majority of fans gave up on him after his last injury. I don't think they sold a lot of Weatherspoon jerseys last year

A worthless piece of **** sitting on IR doesn't sell any tickets either ...

Sorry but a coach saying how much you want a player on a team and the player saying how much he wants to be here then letting him walk for barely nothing is a bad sign. He's rubbing off on the players the wrong way IMO. Were in a complete rebuild whether people believe it or not. Spoon was injured yes, but he was the leader on this D regardless. Just like when we lost Abe our D suffered. It also suffered when we lost Spoon. Quinn isn't making any friends (although he's not here to make friends) on this team and I don't expect much improvement next year. At this point were still a 6-7 win team.

Bunchy Carter likes this

After the last couple of years where we have had 10+ players on IR every year I'm perfectly OK with letting injury prone players go somewhere else. Injuries have killed us let another team deal with them.

Sorry but a coach saying how much you want a guy then letting him walk barely nothing is a bad sign. He's rubbing off on the players the wrong way IMO. Were in a complete rebuild whether people belie it or not. Spoon was injured yes, but he was the leader on this D regardless. Just like when we lost Abe our D suffered. It also suffered when we lost Spoon. Quinn isn't making any friends (although he's not here to make friends) on this team and I don't expect much improvement next year. At the point were still a 6-7 win team.

Apparently Spoon didn't want to play for the Falcons anymore .. And I truly doubt Quinn had anything to do with it. Spoon just wanted a contract that the Falcons wasn't ready to give him .. end of story. To be fair, I never liked Spoon, and I'm happy he's gone. All that talk and next to no production.

Let's see who the Falcons sign in the next days and who they choose in the draft. I'm not ready to give up yet wink.png

Apparently Spoon didn't want to play for the Falcons anymore .. And I truly doubt Quinn had anything to do with it. Spoon just wanted a contract that the Falcons wasn't ready to give him .. end of story. To be fair, I never liked Spoon, and I'm happy he's gone. All that talk and next to no production.

Let's see who the Falcons sign in the next days and who they choose in the draft. I'm not ready to give up yet wink.png

I understand why you say that but you're wrong. Spoon wanted to be in Atlanta. He's said it many times and is very involved here in ATL. He's gone on local radio shows and said he'd take less money to stay here. The contract he's been offered by AZ is only for 1 year and it's less money then he was making here last year. Just because you dislike Spoon and are holding out hope the Falcons improve doesn't mean this shouldn't raise red flags. Why did a guy you claim to be a big part of what you want to do walk for less money on a 1 year deal?
Bunchy Carter likes this

The problem is the organization has been in steady decline while running slick PR campaigns about how the team is on the rise, getting explosive, tougher, etc. TD said the 2014 roster was the most talented team he had since joining the Falcons. I call B.S!

Why hate on Spoon? I don't mind letting him walk if you have someone to take his place. I

I like seeing the Falcons doing what's in there best interest but TD's has a track record of signing the wrong players and letting good talent walk.

I like Spoon but he is only valuable if he plays so anyone that consistently plays can take his place. We need to upgrade our defense as a whole not worry about one player that hasn't played in a couple of years. We are going to look back and say Quinn does know what he is doing.

Our LB situation has sucked for awhile and we could really use Weatherspoon. In my opinion we should match that because it really isn't that much. I guess the staff has no confidence that he will stay healthy. I really can't believe we are going to lose him over that small of a contract.

Our LB situation sucked cause we always relied on him to actually play and he was always injured causing us to go to our backups.

Falcon@Denmark likes this

Man our drafts. 2008 Baker-everyone wants cut. Terrible extension has cost us and continues to. Next year Peria Jerry not even in the league- retired. 2010 Spoon constantly hurt, no longer with team

That is terrible luck on injuries no matter how you slice it. Baker is injured almost every season and has had his share of IR's. He was a decent option when healthy. Jerry who knows how good he would have been but terrible injury in his 2nd game and he was awful for us. Spoon showed the potential to develop into a dominant LBer. Probably would have if he stayed healthy and could actually string together a couple seasons

If we keep going 2011 julio has had injuries issues of his own. Matthews getting a high ankle sprain in his 1st game.. lisfranc in the season finale and currently recovering. The only one who hasn't (other than Ryan) is Tru. Knock on ******* wood

Yea football gets really really frustrating when the fate of your team has more to do with injuries then on the field play. No way anyone could forsee all the injury issues we'd have that has tanked the last two years. At this point getting rid of our injury prone players is a good thing. I hope JJ is able to shake those issues.

I suppose you love the regular season too, winning 10 games in 2 years is so enjoyable rolleyes.gif

Were you b*tching and complaining when the team was winning?? Ok then. You take the good with the bad. NOTHING has been done or been made official and already you're crying. LOL. Meltdown activated indeed.

Move the f*ck on

I understand why you say that but you're wrong. Spoon wanted to be in Atlanta. He's said it many times and is very involved here in ATL. He's gone on local radio shows and said he'd take less money to stay here. The contract he's been offered by AZ is only for 1 year and it's less money then he was making here last year. Just because you dislike Spoon and are holding out hope the Falcons improve doesn't mean this shouldn't raise red flags. Why did a guy you claim to be a big part of what you want to do walk for less money on a 1 year deal?

I don't know why, and I really don't care. When DQ said he wanted Spoon, my first reaction was : Why?.

The Falcons needs to replace the underperforming and injury prone players. It is going to take time to rebuild the team, but we do have some of the key players in place. We don't need MeAngelo type players like Spoon.

FalconMama likes this