Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rings639

Spoon Gone?

514 posts in this topic

We should match it, if he just wants to leave that fine but I don't want him to suddenly ball out in ARZ over such a little deal.

Nah, it's time. He can ball out or not in Arizona. He doesn't need to be here anymore. No upside for us in keeping a guy based on what he might be able to do when he has demonstrated substantially less on so many occasions.

Another TD first round pick bites the dust. Baker, Jerry, Spoon...all drafted for need. The results: not good. Now we get to sign some 9 million a year players to take (some of) their places. Or use some of our top picks... I sure hope AB is paying attention to all this. IF...TD is learning from his mistakes, then great. If not...I guess we find out this offseason what TD is...or isn't?...capable of.

FalconMama and Knight of God like this

What a ******* farce. He is a priority Dan Quinn and the Parasite told us and then they aren't prepared to give him a 2 year contract averaging $3 - 4 million a year. I am so ******* done with this team. Continuously letting their fans down. Season after season is just one big disappointment after another.

spanish_falcon likes this

I get the feeling he was offered the one year prove it deal many proposed in their mocks. He wanted more security then that. Thus the Arizona rumors.

hjerry likes this

Our LB situation has sucked for awhile and we could really use Weatherspoon. In my opinion we should match that because it really isn't that much. I guess the staff has no confidence that he will stay healthy. I really can't believe we are going to lose him over that small of a contract.

What a ******* farce. He is a priority Dan Quinn and the Parasite told us and then they aren't prepared to give him a 2 year contract averaging $3 - 4 million a year. I am so ******* done with this team. Continuously letting their fans down. Season after season is just one big disappointment after another.

Meltdown activated. I love the offseason on this forum.

Domed Outter likes this

Dude had no loyalty regardless. Team spends a first Ed pick to draft him and he's barely on the field. The GM and new HC both say their excited to have him, and he dips.

lol bye sadwave.001.gif

Meltdown activated. I love the offseason on this forum.

I suppose you love the regular season too, winning 10 games in 2 years is so enjoyable rolleyes.gif

I suppose you love the regular season too, winning 10 games in 2 years is so enjoyable rolleyes.gif

LMAO. Because I choose not to freak out before FA has even officially begun it means I like losing. Got it. ;)

hjerry likes this

Man our drafts. 2008 Baker-everyone wants cut. Terrible extension has cost us and continues to. Next year Peria Jerry not even in the league- retired. 2010 Spoon constantly hurt, no longer with team

That is terrible luck on injuries no matter how you slice it. Baker is injured almost every season and has had his share of IR's. He was a decent option when healthy. Jerry who knows how good he would have been but terrible injury in his 2nd game and he was awful for us. Spoon showed the potential to develop into a dominant LBer. Probably would have if he stayed healthy and could actually string together a couple seasons

If we keep going 2011 julio has had injuries issues of his own. Matthews getting a high ankle sprain in his 1st game.. lisfranc in the season finale and currently recovering. The only one who hasn't (other than Ryan) is Tru. Knock on ******* wood

LMAO. Because I choose not to freak out before FA has even officially begun it means I like losing. Got it. wink.png

Why am I freaking out? Maybe it has something to do with the fact our General Manager managed to ******* decimate a roster that got to the NFC Championship in 2 years. I wonder who this years Tyson Jackson will be.

He was not worth 3 - 4 million a year even if he is healthy. Very average in all aspects and he really hasn't played in two years.

Glad he is gone. We can watch average LB play now from guys we didn't expect to be superstars.

We did not franchise Spoon - TD cannot just "match it". It is obvious Spoon wants to leave.

We don't know what TD offered. ARZ could be offering more in terms of money or years in the contract, thus it's not "obvious" he wants to leave.

If he has a better offer somewhere else he'll take the better offer but if he's helll bent on getting out of here so be it.

Why am I freaking out? Maybe it has something to do with the fact our General Manager managed to ******* decimate a roster that got to the NFC Championship in 2 years. I wonder who this years Tyson Jackson will be.

That roster was pieced together with vets and was never meant to sustain itself. Did Dimi have a bad (horrible) 2013 offseason? No doubt. Give Quinn and Dimi a chance once FA opens. Gusfraba.