The Official Falcons Free Agency Thread

Hey guys anybody have the thought that maybe we do what Seattle does bring in more bodies for competition vs the one big name signing?? And by that I'll say it this way if instead of going after a guy like Suh we sign Nick Fairly and Tom Johnson of Minnesota.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys anybody have the thought that maybe we do what Seattle does bring in more bodies for competition vs the one big name signing?? And by that I'll say it this way if instead of going after a guy like Suh we sign Nick Fairly and Tom Johnson of Minnesota.

I agree..Seems like they also rotate a lot of bodies too. So that may be part of Quinn's philosophy. .but who knows, he may have a different way of doing things..the more bodies for competition the better, on D that is.

I tend to agree withvthe. I don't see a huge amount of money going to any one splash player. Competition and the survival of the fittest makes a more powerful team.

The Seahawk way is also like the Patriots way. With what we have in the front office, I don't really expect us to break away from that.

Draft players. Sign a lot of good but not great guys, and hope they improve in the system as a whole unit. Sum is greater than the parts type thing.

Jerry Hughes - DL - Bills

Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports the Bills are expected to keep free agent DE/OLB Jerry Hughes.

Keeping together one of the NFL's premier front sevens should be a no-brainer for Buffalo, which has plenty of cap room. Hughes is only 26 years old and has developed into an elite outside-edge pass rusher the past two seasons. We suspect Hughes will command north of $10 million annually to retain.

Looks likes Hughes is going to be off the board aswell.

After all the crap a lot of people have been given (and threads moved by the mods because they didn't belong in this forum), we now have an "official" Free Agency thread in TATF?

Isn't this EXACTLY what the Draft and FREE AGENCY forum is for? (at least that's what I've been told)

Not griping because it shouldn't be here (because IMO it should), but instead I'm griping because there should be consistency.

After all the crap a lot of people have been given (and threads moved by the mods because they didn't belong in this forum), we now have an "official" Free Agency thread in TATF?

Isn't this EXACTLY what the Draft and FREE AGENCY forum is for? (at least that's what I've been told)

Not griping because it shouldn't be here (because IMO it should), but instead I'm griping because there should be consistency.

to me it seems the mods give little ****s about the draft and FA forum, its just a convenient garbage bin where they never even bother to merge any duplicate threads or further move **** to its rightful place, "anything but logic"

Yes it's legal to negotiate, but does the NFL want things known? I don't think so. Everyone is reporting Suh's contract except NFL.com, who is reporting that Miami is the front runner to sign him.

I'm hoping there aren't that many rumors because we are following protocol.