Prison Proves Being Gay Is A Choice, Says Gop Pres Hopeful Ben Carson

Billy Ocean

I'm really not asking for much, just the tiniest smidge of self-awareness here, this is literally a thread about a guy running for President that thinks prison rape proves homosexuality is a matter of choice, there could not possibly be a worse place to argue that "the homosexual agenda" has put undue strain on people to resist publicly expressing homophobia than this thread.

You're talking about a guy who thinks Ben Carson is intelligent and competent when it comes to politics. Not much to do other than ridicule and laugh.

I'm really not asking for much, just the tiniest smidge of self-awareness here, this is literally a thread about a guy running for President that thinks prison rape proves homosexuality is a matter of choice, there could not possibly be a worse place to argue that "the homosexual agenda" has put undue strain on people to resist publicly expressing homophobia than this thread.

I don't think you are thinking the same thing he is.

He says some guys go into prison Strait heterosexuals. When they leave prison they are not strait anymore, meaning they changes their sexual orientation. I don't think he mentioned rape did he? I Might have missed that part.

I don't think you are thinking the same thing he is.

He says some guys go into prison Strait heterosexuals. When they leave prison they are not strait anymore, meaning they changes their sexual orientation. I don't think he mentioned rape did he? I Might have missed that part.

So you're saying he just doesn't know what happens in our prison system and assumes it causes people to "become" homosexual through something like sexual osmosis? Or are you just making the generous assumption that he doesn't understand sexuality and doesn't have an inner monologue?

Edited by Serge

So you're saying he just doesn't know what happens in our prison system and assumes it causes people to "become" homosexual through something like sexual osmosis? Or are you just making the generous assumption that he doesn't understand sexuality and doesn't have an inner monologue?

Doesn't have to be rape. It is a choice. you have 3 options in prison: Do you want no sexual satisfaction, satisfy yourself, or get someone else to do it. It seems some go toward getting someone else and since there are no women around they perform homosexual behavior. It is like any other behavior, if you do it enough and you enjoy it you will keep doing it. So they do it, get out and keep doing it because it is a choice they made. Showing to some extent homosexual behavior can be a choice.

I have thought about this and I think that our friend T-Falcon is onto something.

Moreover, I think that conservatives have adopted the exact same strategy. Ben Carson is presenting himself as a normal human being and a serious person in an attempt to normalize his ideology to an unsuspecting public. He is trying to trick people into thinking that his backwards ideas are part of normal society and trying to get people to accept these outrageous ideas as part of the mainstream of American society.

I mean, if he were to present himself honestly and without deception, he'd walk around dressed like Al Jolson. Right?

Imagine that; Ben Carson thinks prison makes people choose to be gay, but he doesn't think prison rape is involved in that. Just, you know, hanging around just men for a long time makes you desperately want to have sex with a man.

Basically T's saying Ben Carson wants the D.

I have thought about this and I think that our friend T-Falcon is onto something.

Moreover, I think that conservatives have adopted the exact same strategy. Ben Carson is presenting himself as a normal human being and a serious person in an attempt to normalize his ideology to an unsuspecting public. He is trying to trick people into thinking that his backwards ideas are part of normal society and trying to get people to accept these outrageous ideas as part of the mainstream of American society.

I mean, if he were to present himself honestly and without deception, he'd walk around dressed like Al Jolson. Right?

smh. i don't even know where to start with the logical fallacy at hand.

Imagine that; Ben Carson thinks prison makes people choose to be gay, but he doesn't think prison rape is involved in that. Just, you know, hanging around just men for a long time makes you desperately want to have sex with a man.

Basically T's saying Ben Carson wants the D.

strawman

I named yours upset you called out for committing it?

I'd have to regard this as a formal argument to really worry about something like that, as compared to, you know, you searching the internet for things that sound like the responses someone from your perspective is supposed to make.

Not to sound like a cynic or anything, but it sounds a little bit like two guys that understood the role of rebranding in curing a society of a persistent negative stereotype regarding a certain frequently-misunderstood minority wrote a well-intentioned book about homosexuality at a time when it was just becoming apparent how necessary that change was going to be in the near future, and in the years since social conservatives seized on the book as an example of "homosexual agenda" because they knew their own audience can't make the distinction between a discussion on rebranding between two people and a hive-mind gearing up for social warfare. That's probably why its listed on Amazon next to a bunch of books about the dangers of "the homosexual agenda" instead of books that were written from the same perspective as the authors of this particular book.

Thread could have ended after this, but I'm glad we got to the part where a case was made for Ben Carson wanting the touch of a man.

I'm still waiting on a link to that copy/paste from a website that T-Falcon pulled a few pages ago.

You're probably going to be waiting awhile, that website's probably a better laugh than commieblaster.

Ninja'd with a site that appears to be at least on the same tier as commieblaster.

Edited by Serge

I'm glad you have the reasoning skills of a toddler.

Just checking, are we pretending your knowledge of the book in question came from actually reading the book, as compared to reading the website and going from there?