Prison Proves Being Gay Is A Choice, Says Gop Pres Hopeful Ben Carson

Billy Ocean

Not reading. It is a book about how the american public was going to be systematically attacked using the media. Low and behold Everything followed out exactly to that pattern laid out in the book. It was an agenda that was planned, and forced on the public. Believe this or you are a bad person. It is brainwashing, mental conditioning, whatever you want to call it. it was an attack in their own words.

Casting gays in a positive light in the media as a way to dispel negative (and false) stereotypes is "an agenda" that is "forced on the public"?

Looks to me like they were finding a strategy to end the oppression against the LGBT community at the time. And remember, this was when most states had laws that would throw gays in jail for up to 20 years for having consensual sex.

I still see nothing wrong with the book.

I asked for an explanation of why the book is so terrible. You did not explain anything, just copied from a website. And you didn't even provide a link to the website.

Yeah, we've seen this before. Lots of defense mechanisms and deflection, eventually leaves the discussion entirely.

Say it how you want to. The American public was attacked psychologically and coerced into accepting a social behavior as normal or risk threat of social isolation, loss of jobs, and public defamation. That is not ok in a free society. Forcing anyone to stay silent who disagrees with your behavior is contradictory to everything we stand for.

Not to sound like a cynic or anything, but it sounds a little bit like two guys that understood the role of rebranding in curing a society of a persistent negative stereotype regarding a certain frequently-misunderstood minority wrote a well-intentioned book about homosexuality at a time when it was just becoming apparent how necessary that change was going to be in the near future, and in the years since social conservatives seized on the book as an example of "homosexual agenda" because they knew their own audience can't make the distinction between a discussion on rebranding between two people and a hive-mind gearing up for social warfare. That's probably why its listed on Amazon next to a bunch of books about the dangers of "the homosexual agenda" instead of books that were written from the same perspective as the authors of this particular book.

God I hope that line wasn't too subtle. It certainly didn't seem subtle when I wrote it.

Say it how you want to. The American public was attacked psychologically and coerced into accepting a social behavior as normal or risk threat of social isolation, loss of jobs, and public defamation. That is not ok in a free society. Forcing anyone to stay silent who disagrees with your behavior is contradictory to everything we stand for.

You're saying this in a thread where a candidate for POTUS suggested homosexuality was a choice because prison rape is a thing.

That is exactly what happened to racists following the civil rights movement. Oppression of minority groups is not a free society, either.

I'm for Freedom to believe how you want and not be silenced. I believe the homosexual movement has freedom to speak their mind just as I am. To say that any community who speaks their beliefs should be stifled is a scary thing.

That is exactly what happened to racists following the civil rights movement. Oppression of minority groups is not a free society, either.

See can't help it you have to make that connection because you have been trained to.

And I still have not seen an explanation about why the book is bad. Just "agenda" and "ram down our throats". Why is it bad that LGBT people are no longer viewed with hatred and bigotry? How is that a negative outcome?

It is about forcing a belief system on others whether they like it or not. That is a crazy thing to even say.

I'm for Freedom to believe how you want and not be silenced. I believe the homosexual movement has freedom to speak their mind just as I am. To say that any community who speaks their beliefs should be stifled is a scary thing.

moving-goal-posts.jpg

It's not about speaking their beliefs. People are free to speak their beliefs today. Society doesn't have to accept the bigotry and prejudice, however.

You say that you're for freedom, but you're really not. What about the freedom of LGBT people to live without oppression and the threat of jail for engaging in consensual sex with one another? What about their freedom to not be fired, refused housing, or other basic freedoms just because of who they love?

To you, "freedom" means people like you are free to terrorize, slander, oppress and engage in bigotry against other people.

It is about forcing a belief system on others whether they like it or not. That is a crazy thing to even say.

They cast LGBT people in a positive light in the media during an era where they were suffering from real oppression and prejudice. That's not "forcing" anything. That's casting them as human beings who are normal members of our society.

It's not about speaking their beliefs. People are free to speak their beliefs today. Society doesn't have to accept the bigotry and prejudice, however.

You say that you're for freedom, but you're really not. What about the freedom of LGBT people to live without oppression and the threat of jail for engaging in consensual sex with one another? What about their freedom to not be fired, refused housing, or other basic freedoms just because of who they love?

To you, "freedom" means people like you are free to terrorize, slander, oppress and engage in bigotry against other people.

I don't think its right to be jailed for being gay, fired for being gay, refused housing, etc.. That is wrong to treat a human being that way. So... way to go Captain Fail

I don't think its right to be jailed for being gay, fired for being gay, refused housing, etc.. That is wrong to treat a human being that way. So... way to go Captain Fail

So why are you complaining about a media strategy designed to overcome that oppression? Do you think that those laws would have changed without shifting the public's perception of gays first?

What do you think the first step in the civil rights movement was after winning the Brown decision? [Hint: It was a media and PR strategy...propaganda.]

So why are you complaining about a media strategy designed to overcome that oppression? Do you think that those laws would have changed without shifting the public's perception of gays first?

What do you think the first step in the civil rights movement was after winning the Brown decision? [Hint: It was a media and PR strategy...propaganda.]

It was more than overcoming oppression it was about forcing their belief, their lifestyle on others. It wasn't about freedom it was about you MUST accept my behavior. you MUST like what I'm doing not who I am. That is something entirely different. I don't even entertain the correlation between the civil rights movement and the homosexual agenda. two different things entirely. It is wrong to mistreat people period. It is just as wrong to force people to accept behaviors they feel is wrong.

It was more than overcoming oppression it was about forcing their belief, their lifestyle on others. It wasn't about freedom it was about you MUST accept my behavior. you MUST like what I'm doing not who I am. That is something entirely different. I don't even entertain the correlation between the civil rights movement and the homosexual agenda. two different things entirely. It is wrong to mistreat people period. It is just as wrong to force people to accept behaviors they feel is wrong.

Showing people that gays are ordinary, productive members of society = "force people to accept behaviors they feel is wrong".

Yeah, much better that gays be universally depicted in popular media as stereotypes and caricatures. Because bigotry and prejudice would CERTAINLY end in that environment. rolleyes.gif

Think before you post.

You're saying this in a thread where a candidate for POTUS suggested homosexuality was a choice because prison rape is a thing.

I'm really not asking for much, just the tiniest smidge of self-awareness here, this is literally a thread about a guy running for President that thinks prison rape proves homosexuality is a matter of choice, there could not possibly be a worse place to argue that "the homosexual agenda" has put undue strain on people to resist publicly expressing homophobia than this thread.

Edited by Serge