Prison Proves Being Gay Is A Choice, Says Gop Pres Hopeful Ben Carson

Billy Ocean

Genocide typically does that.

Hey, let's not get carried away. The strategic terror bombing campaign to burn all of Japan's major population centers to ashes while killing hundreds of thousands of civilians (whether via incendiary bombs or atomics) was NOT genocide. We merely wanted surrender and capitulation, not to destroy a people.

Nothing you've posted in this thread is Prius'y. T's argument, which is the same one advanced by countless evangelicals, ignores so much of history. We're supposedly in the end times due to moral repugnance, but last time I checked, we don't feed people to lions like the Romans did.

There's a lot of ugliness in our society, but it pales in comparison to the ugliness of this own country in the past, let alone other cultures. If 24 hour news existed for the entirety of human existence, I think present day America would seem pretty tame.

This topic, and the same arguments made by the same groups of folks, is a huge pet peeve of mine.

Never said we were in the "end times" ever.

You haven't said much at all, if anything you've spent more time talking about what you haven't said than backing up what you said originally.

Because everything I sy is twisted into something I didn't say. It's incredible and a little impressive how much is attributed to me that I never said and never would say.

Because everything I sy is twisted into something I didn't say. It's incredible and a little impressive how much is attributed to me that I never said and never would say.

Bro nothing someone implied from what you said could even compare to what you actually said.

Nothing you've posted in this thread is Prius'y. T's argument, which is the same one advanced by countless evangelicals, ignores so much of history. We're supposedly in the end times due to moral repugnance, but last time I checked, we don't feed people to lions like the Romans did.

There's a lot of ugliness in our society, but it pales in comparison to the ugliness of this own country in the past, let alone other cultures. If 24 hour news existed for the entirety of human existence, I think present day America would seem pretty tame.

This topic, and the same arguments made by the same groups of folks, is a huge pet peeve of mine.

I agree we are far from many historical nations. But that's not something to brag about. "Hey at least we aren't as terrible as those people" I

I agree we are far from many historical nations. But that's not something to brag about. "Hey at least we aren't as terrible as those people" I

This I can agree with completely. It's not saying much of anything to say that in 2015, we're better at being human beings towards one another than we've ever been as a society.

This I can agree with completely. It's not saying much of anything to say that in 2015, we're better at being human beings towards one another than we've ever been as a society.

Yes and no. We don't sanction violent death of adults anymore but we also as a society have never more disconnected as a community with those around us. Drug addiction is probably the highest it has ever been. I don't mean Marijuana, I men chemicals that make you lose touch with reality, so dependant on it that'd you'd sell your baby for it. While abortion has always been around I am saddened to see state sanctioned infanticide in a civilized nation.

Yes and no. We don't sanction violent death of adults anymore but we also as a society have never more disconnected as a community with those around us. Drug addiction is probably the highest it has ever been. I don't mean Marijuana, I men chemicals that make you lose touch with reality, so dependant on it that'd you'd sell your baby for it. While abortion has always been around I am saddened to see state sanctioned infanticide in a civilized nation.

Point of fact, coke and heroin were legal in the U.S. before they were presently illegal, and the rising death toll from heroin today has a lot more to do with the remnants of previous generations attempting to regulate an inevitable part of any national economy through incarceration rather than treatment than it does with heroin itself being more virulent now than it was back when it was treated like a miracle drug. Long story short, it wouldn't be as big a problem as it is if our justice system was informed by history and sociology rather than popular narratives and politics.

All that said, there was a far greater frequency of people selling babies in this country back when slavery was legal. There was also incalculable human rights infringements, exploitation and abuse of all those who had no legal representation and no voice, and governance that did nothing but crystallize the positions of those in power. From that direction to the present can only genuinely be understood as forward progress.

Edited by Serge

He should've made this statement in his personal email account then no one would have cared, or at least it seems that way?

Dude, you have problems. Serious problems.

I guess the Fox News Marie Harf coverage has given way to the new Hillary email scandal.

I'll know where to look when I wonder what new outrage Fox is covering.

Is it ironic that wfw is referencing Hillary Clinton blurbs in a thread about a Republican POTUS candidate betraying his immense bigotry and ignorance of the human condition in general? I feel like it should be ironic, except that it was inevitable and could reasonably be anticipated by just about anyone that posts here.

Edited by Serge

Is it ironic that wfw is referencing Hillary Clinton blurbs in a thread about a Republican POTUS candidate betraying his immense bigotry and ignorance of the human condition in general? I feel like it should be ironic, except that it was inevitable and could reasonably be anticipated by just about anyone that posts here.

Please post definition of bigotry.

Please post definition of bigotry.

Prejudices of a bigot. Bigot in this context referring to someone who is intolerant of others based on their creed, beliefs, and/or simple facts of their existence as members of the species. And since you're projecting the holy **** out of where you're trying to go with this, I'm going to go ahead and skip a couple posts and say that just because he believes gays deserve certain legal rights associated with being married doesn't mean he isn't a bigot for assuming that prison rape is equivalent to consciously choosing one's sexuality.

Dude, you have problems. Serious problems.

I guess the Fox News Marie Harf coverage has given way to the new Hillary email scandal.

I'll know where to look when I wonder what new outrage Fox is covering.

MSNBC is covering it more than Fox...don't let your slip show through your bias...ohmy.png

Intolerance is not the same as disagreeing. Bigotry is hating a group. I don't see hate or intolerance.

In part because you're the sort of person that thinks sexuality is something you can disagree with.