Prison Proves Being Gay Is A Choice, Says Gop Pres Hopeful Ben Carson

Billy Ocean

He's saying this country has more morals now than it ever did.

I think what T's getting at here is that time period somewhere between the Civil Rights Movement and WWII, after the Voting Rights Act but before Joseph McCarthy, somewhere that is both in the Eisenhower administration and before (and after) it that represents the exact point in time of perfect morality in our nation. As historical narratives go, that exact, down-to-the-nanosecond point that is both after 1968 and before 1954, is when things really started to go downhill.

I think what T's getting at here is that time period somewhere between the Civil Rights Movement and WWII, after the Voting Rights Act but before Joseph McCarthy, somewhere that is both in the Eisenhower administration and before (and after) it that represents the exact point in time of perfect morality in our nation. As historical narratives go, that exact, down-to-the-nanosecond point that is both after 1968 and before 1954, is when things really started to go downhill.

Never had perfect morality. But the overall social mentality has gone from bad to worse.

Mass murdering infants

Rampant addiction

Sexual perversions of every flavor

Corruption in government

Street violence

Racism

Bigotry

God hating

Stealing

Gangs

broken homes

Corrupted food

This list goes on and on

Granted many of these things existed fit a long time. They are just sadly steadily increasing

Never had perfect morality. But the overall social mentality has gone from bad to worse.

Mass murdering infants

Rampant addiction

Corruption in government

Street violence

Racism

Bigotry

God hating

Stealing

Gangs

broken homes

Corrupted food

This list goes on and on

Granted many of these things existed fit a long time. They are just sadly steadily increasing

Uh, just a guess here, is racism increasing because now it's "against whites, too?"

Mass murdering infants

Do you realize that not only was abortion legal during the decades before and after the constitution was written, but was actually not uncommon? Look up what Pennyroyal was used for back in those days.

Some of the other stuff is laughable. Corruption? You ought to read Benjamin Franklin's biography sometime. Dude was doing stuff back then that would land him in federal prison today.

You have a very warped view of history.

Mass murdering infants

Rampant addiction

Corruption in government

Street violence

Racism

Bigotry

God hating

Stealing

Gangs

broken homes

Corrupted food

This list goes on and on

:lol:

Smh. I never said it didn't exist.

Yeah, but you said it like literally everything is getting worse, for the singular reason that your understanding of history is a narrative constructed by your belief in ever-failing morality and Christianity being a vital force in guiding the moral behavior of real societies, when nothing could be farther from the truth on either count.

Oh here, Mono

south_park_smug_prius.png

Nothing you've posted in this thread is Prius'y. T's argument, which is the same one advanced by countless evangelicals, ignores so much of history. We're supposedly in the end times due to moral repugnance, but last time I checked, we don't feed people to lions like the Romans did.

There's a lot of ugliness in our society, but it pales in comparison to the ugliness of this own country in the past, let alone other cultures. If 24 hour news existed for the entirety of human existence, I think present day America would seem pretty tame.

This topic, and the same arguments made by the same groups of folks, is a huge pet peeve of mine.

Nothing you've posted in this thread is Prius'y. T's argument, which is the same one advanced by countless evangelicals, ignores so much of history. We're supposedly in the end times due to moral repugnance, but last time I checked, we don't feed people to lions like the Romans did.

There's a lot of ugliness in our society, but it pales in comparison to the ugliness of this own country in the past, let alone other cultures. If 24 hour news existed for the entirety of human existence, I think present day America would seem pretty tame.

This topic, and the same arguments made by the same groups of folks, is a huge pet peeve of mine.

Actually there are more Christian martyrs now than in the first few centuries under Roman rule. The Pope said this in a speech last year. It is a google-worthy topic.

If we legalize homosexuality, more people will become homosexuals. Particularly liberals. And by being homosexuals, they won't procreate, they won't abort. They won't be gangsta. They won't raise little baby liberals that will grow up and choose to be homosexual too.

Republicans should be supporting this.

Actually there are more Christian martyrs now than in the first few centuries under Roman rule. The Pope said this in a speech last year. It is a google-worthy topic.

I haven't read that, I'll have to look that up. I wasn't speaking to the Romans actions towards just Christians, which is why I didn't type Christians. The Romans fed criminals of all types (including Christians, who they deemed as criminals at one point) to animals as punishment.

I haven't read that, I'll have to look that up. I wasn't speaking to the Romans actions towards just Christians, which is why I didn't type Christians. The Romans fed criminals of all types (including Christians, who they deemed as criminals at one point) to animals as punishment.

The Bolsheviks alone created more Christian martyrs than anyone before or since, if I'm not mistaken.