To Many Interior Linemen

Jackson, Soliai, Matthews, Peters, Hageman and Babineaux. All of whom are capable players, not all suited for 4-3 DT though. We all would want Hageman to be the guy to anchor this line, but he did not improve quite as much as I would anticipate. How do we do this?

Jackson would play LE in the 4-3 under. Matthews will battle for a backup DE spot. Peters hasn't re-signed yet so we have 3: Soliai, Babs and Hageman. 4 if Peters re-signs. That's how I'm thinking it shakes out right now...

Jackson would play LE in the 4-3 under. Matthews will battle for a backup DE spot. Peters hasn't re-signed yet so we have 3: Soliai, Babs and Hageman. 4 if Peters re-signs. That's how I'm thinking it shakes out right now...

Would be nice, and I'm sure most of them will rotate, but Quinn did specifically mention liking Tyson and his size on the inside.

Still sad that we spent all that $$ and still don't even have a DT that comes close to Dareus(Buf), Williams(Buf), Wilfork(NE), Richardson(Jets), Wilkerson(Jets), Snacks(Jets), Ngata(Ravens), Williams(Ravens),Atkins(Cin), Watt(Texans), Poe(KC), Suh( FA), Fairley(FA), Star(Carolina), McCoy(TB), and Donald (Rams)

There could still be some movement with this group.

Peters: Isn't under contract yet. (He provides great value for the price)

Hageman: Has all kinds of upside and certainly isn't going anywhere.

Soliai: This man can take up some blockers, if only we had some pass rushers who can do their job (yes, they're coming)

Tyson Jackson: Will be interesting to see what the new regime think of this guy. Possible post June 1st cut.

Babs: 33 years old, 3 mil cap savings post June 1st.

Matthews: I doubt he makes the final 53.

Competition.

Also, what's the point of cutting Jackson other than yall don't like the guy? He isn't killing the cap. It takes more effort doing a June 1st cut on him than keep him and just cut him next year. Let it go

Still sad that we spent all that $$ and still don't even have a DT that comes close to Dareus(Buf), Williams(Buf), Wilfork(NE), Richardson(Jets), Wilkerson(Jets), Snacks(Jets), Ngata(Ravens), Williams(Ravens),Atkins(Cin), Watt(Texans), Poe(KC), Suh( FA), Fairley(FA), Star(Carolina), McCoy(TB), and Donald (Rams)

bingo, we have 5 guys at that position, but they are all just guys. Hageman is the only one I have any excitement over, and even with him there are plenty of questions. Babs and Soliai best is behind them. Peters may have some value, but he'll never light the world on fire and I don't know what you do with Jackson.

Jackson, Soliai, Matthews, Peters, Hageman and Babineaux. All of whom are capable players, not all suited for 4-3 DT though. We all would want Hageman to be the guy to anchor this line, but he did not improve quite as much as I would anticipate. How do we do this?

Who are you? And why does Hageman have to "improve to YOUR standards"?

Using the Seahawks as a model--which is pretty representative of a base 43 defense. They carried 4 DTs and a 5th 5 tech type (DT like TJax basically) in their rotation.

So if we re-signed and didn't upgrade, using your list it'd be:

Soliali (membane comparison)

Hageman (Tony McDaniel comparison)

Peters (Kevin Williams, I guess)

Babs ( Jordan hill comparison)

TJax (old red Bryant spot, king I think is new guy)

Matthews is a base end (so a lesser Bennett)

On the DE designated position players they carried 4 + the 5 tech role I mentioned. For us it is as follows:

Vacant Kroy (Avril comparison although different players

Goodman (Bennett or Dobbs as's comparison)

Vacant Osi (Schoffield comparison )

Matthews (as pointed out a base DE)

So in theory we have 2 open DE vacancies assuming all listed make it

Their 43 is a bit different in that it has 34 principles, so they carried 1-2 Irvin type hybrid guys who are listed as LBs

Obviously, I'm not a quinn confidante so I can't predict what he'll do, but assuming his D at Seattle is our foundation we'll have 9-10 DL. 4-5 being interior guys of different flavors. Interestingly enough on the interior our guys are similar to the collection of body/skill types that Seattle favored. We are missing speedy DEs, though. Both Goodman and matthews are base DE types.

Depending if they keep Maponga, it'll be interesting to see if he's that Schoffield type of rotational guy

With Bierman, Peters, Umenyiora all being free agents --if they had to play on 11 March it would look something like this

Mopanga C Matthews (PS Jaq. Smith)

Jackson Hageman

Soliali Babineau (PS Heilmiuli)

Goodman Starr

I don't think that's too many interior lineman

note yea some may be out of position and I only listed each player once to show actual bodies.