"top Pass Rushers " I Don't Even Think It Is Close...

RYNE

I guess I don't even understand people's thinking on Beasely, Ray, and Gregory. I picked 3 random videos of game tape and watched each guy. 1 game I was impressed. 1 game I thought ehhhhh maybe a mid rounder I like his effort. The other guy I just laughed. (Fowler will be gone so I didn't even bother looking at him today. I think he is the best slightly about Beasely)

Vic Beasely looks like he is absolutely shot out of a cannon every play. He is playing under sized against another player who I think is a top 25 talent in Cam Erving. Look at the first step and the quickness. Now think about what he can do with he extra weight and muscle he came into the combine with. This is the guy at 8.... and there is no question about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD7r8CPqVAw

Then watch Shane Ray. Statistically he has a decent game against South Carolina. He gets a couple sacks. But to me he looks slow and very weak. He is the last guy off the ball on many of the plays. There is no question that he is a high effort guy. But effort is only going to get you so far. He looks just like Derrick Morgan to me. Same size.... I just wouldn't want him. He is not a top ten talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hfSufYjEeg

Next take a look at Randy Gregory against Rutgers. This guy is weak. He consistently gets engulfed by the lineman. I don't understand where the "top ten talent" is with this guy either. This guy looks like Dion Jordan in the NFL. Not even the college version of Dion Jordan. I would not want Gregory in the first round. I would take Ray over him, and I don't want Ray.

With the 8th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft the Atlanta Falcons select....

Vic Beasely

635604027480972430-AP179135372610.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I trust Quinn.

He........and his 57 assistants will know who to pick.

Relax.

I like what Quinn has done so far. I will let you know if I trust him after free agency. But I feel a heck of a lot better than I did the past 5 years.

I don't thin anyone can really say that Ray is slow. He very well could have the best 40 of all those guys listed. I do think he is stiff as all hail though.

Idk what he would run in a 40 nor do I care. Watch how slow he is getting off the ball. I do not see that quick first step.

Does look very stiff

Thanks for posting this. Beasley has a lot of Von Mller in his game. He and Orakpo would be a nice pass rushing duo.

I can't remember the last time we had a legitate pass rushing linebacker.

I agree about Beasely. I really like this guy. I think he is going to be an even better Pro than he was a college player because of the added weight and muscle he has put on.

Orakpo makes me nervous because of the injuries. Hopefully he comes in on a cheap deal like they are always able to manage out in Seattle.

I don't claim to watch tape or be anything close to a scout but I did watch some YouTube highlights of each player and to me Shane Ray was the most impressive. Beasley looked good too but looked like a safety. I heard he put on some weight and killed it at the combine so there is that.

None of the other guys stuck out.

From what little I've seen Ray would be my choice and Beasley would be my 2nd. Like I said though very small sample.

I don't claim to watch tape or be anything close to a scout but I did watch some YouTube highlights of each player and to me Shane Ray was the most impressive. Beasley looked good too but looked like a safety. I heard he put on some weight and killed it at the combine so there is that.

From what little I've seen Ray would be my choice and Beasley would be my 2nd. Like I said though very small sample.

Youtube videos are fun but don't put too much stock in highlight reels, most of them are made by mouth breathing basement dwellers. laugh.png

Don't watch highlight tapes. The video links i provided are tapes of every single defensive play of the game. Not just the plays where they look good. Highlight tapes are worthless. Seriously just take a few minutes and watch at least the first quarter of each game. Would take 4 minutes or so for each game. Then tell me what you see.

Youtube videos are fun but don't put too much stock in highlight reels, most of them are made by mouth breathing basement dwellers. laugh.png

Agree. Highlight tapes are worthless

I heard one of the media analysts talking about Gregory being injured at the beginning of the year and got rolling later in the season. I haven't been overly impressed by most of his tape, but he lived in the backfield of the Michigan St game. Fowler is my favorite of this class, but it looks like he won't be available, so to me Beasley is the next most intriguing, my only huge concern with him was his weight but he answered those questions at the combine.

Edited by FalconsInCanada

would age factor in for any of you? With Dante Folwer being 2 years younger than Beasley and Gregory?

I said I would take fowler 1st but he will be gone.

Beasely is my close 2nd.

Everyone else is getting over valued because it's a weak class.

If this was last year, I'd want Demarcus Lawrence over ray and Gregory

I said I would take fowler 1st but he will be gone.

Beasely is my close 2nd.

Everyone else is getting over valued because it's a weak class.

If this was last year, I'd want Demarcus Lawrence over ray and Gregory

Ray is a better prospect than Demarcus Lawrence was.

Last year was a very weak draft class for edge rushers outside of Mack, Clowney, and Barr.