Florio: Falcons Going After Orakpo

let's not worry about the exact time that notification comes out - PFT said it would be a significant draft pick - at the time, no one else was saying this. Let's see if Florio is right or wrong. Dayum bro, did Florio steal your girlfriend or sumthin'?

I don't get the Florio hate - he prints rumors but I don't think he makes the rumors up - he also accumulates all the twitter universe and makes headlines that way as well - a lot of his stuff comes from other outlets - it is an accumlation of NFL info.. rumor and speculation - there is room for that - and it is welcome.

Nah I just don't trust him. Dude once reported that Terry Bradshaw was dead.

My thing is this: If someone as low tier as Florio could get this info, then why haven't the Shefters and Rapaports of the world reported on it? Maybe we do lose a high draft pick, but I doubt Florio is doing anything other than fear mongering for reads.

But sorry to OP this thread is about Orakpo!

Nah I just don't trust him. Dude once reported that Terry Bradshaw was dead.

My thing is this: If someone as low tier as Florio could get this info, then why haven't the Shefters and Rapaports of the world reported on it? Maybe we do lose a high draft pick, but I doubt Florio is doing anything other than fear mongering for reads.

But sorry to OP this thread is about Orakpo!

that is what you don't get - Florio is not in competition w/ Scheffter, Rappoport or Glazer - that is not what he does - if you are comparing Florio to that, you will forever be disappointed. Heck, Florio links and piggy-backs while giving these guys credit all the time.

Florio is kind of the NFL's version of the Drudge Report - links to other articles/content while expounding on others articles.

Been telling yall this. Makes sense. We need a SAM. He's the best SAM available. Get him with whoever got Al Horford healthy. He's not injury prone. He's had two freak injuries, which tearing the other pec after tearing the first isn't uncommon. When healthy, he's a 10 sack player. He will come moderately cheap.

yup...I see us signing 2 rushers

Been telling yall this. Makes sense. We need a SAM. He's the best SAM available. Get him with whoever got Al Horford healthy. He's not injury prone. He's had two freak injuries, which tearing the other pec after tearing the first isn't uncommon. When healthy, he's a 10 sack player. He will come moderately cheap.

I knew about it for a LOT longer than I knew about Quinn. Still not a fan of this at all. Don't like it.

Orakpo has been a walking injury since he came into the league. No more injury-proned players.

Really? Based on what?

It's arguments like these that annoy me. It's not a single fact behind it. He tore both his pecs. Just like Al Horford. Before then, neither player was considered injury prone. Al Horford has made a comeback. Orakpo came back and posted 10 sacks after the first tear. Outside of those two lost years, he's missed two games. Sean Weatherspoon he is not.

I knew about it for a LOT longer than I knew about Quinn. Still not a fan of this at all. Don't like it.

I've told you I only like it if he's complementary piece. Get another good pass rusher to man the LEO spot and use that #8 pick on the best pass rusher available and I'm good.

This move is nice if he stays healthy. If not you have one angry KoG.

But that's why you have to treat it as a "nice to have him, not dead without him" type of move if you're Quinn and TD and structure the contract accordingly. We'd all love him if he stays healthy. I mean look at this place's infatuation for mediocre Lowery.

Really? Based on what?

It's arguments like these that annoy me. It's not a single fact behind it. He tore both his pecs. Just like Al Horford. Before then, neither player was considered injury prone. Al Horford has made a comeback. Orakpo came back and posted 10 sacks after the first tear. Outside of those two lost years, he's missed two games. Sean Weatherspoon he is not.

You have to give significance to the fact that he has torn his left pectoral 2 times and his right pectoral this past season as well as dislocating his middle finger (not a big deal though). I don't know many athletes with 3 torn pecs. To me that seems like a big deal.

What kind of contract would you offer him?