Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maltese Falcon

Florio: Falcons Going After Orakpo

254 posts in this topic

NOPE!!! I retract all ALL negative statements about Brian Orakpo. Bring him home. Something was brought to my attention. He only has one injured season. The truth will come out soon enough. Orakpo isn't as injury proned as stated. He's ready to play from what I understand and is in good shape.

He has Kyle Shanahan's seal of approval. This was a serious joint affair and its a good move if worked. It won't be super cheap, but not expensive either. Its a great move.

Quinn is a mad scientist. Kyle isn't compared to Kubiak and his dad. Most compare him to Billick, because he is a DEFENSIVE minded OC. Yes, a defensive minded OC. I am thrilled at this point. Don't believe the narrative of Orakpo's injuries like I did. He is good to go.

So this just happened

NOPE!!! I retract all ALL negative statements about Brian Orakpo. Bring him home. Something was brought to my attention. He only has one injured season. The truth will come out soon enough. Orakpo isn't as injury proned as stated. He's ready to play from what I understand and is in good shape.

He has Kyle Shanahan's seal of approval. This was a serious joint affair and its a good move if worked. It won't be super cheap, but not expensive either. Its a great move.

Quinn is a mad scientist. Kyle isn't compared to Kubiak and his dad. Most compare him to Billick, because he is a DEFENSIVE minded OC. Yes, a defensive minded OC. I am thrilled at this point. Don't believe the narrative of Orakpo's injuries like I did. He is good to go.

Umm...

KoG is everything okay, buddy? sad.png

It's like an exorcism or something just happened, I don't understand. I mean you're alright, right?

I'm taking that either you just received good news from a reliable source of yours or you saved 15% on car insurance by switching to Geico?

Oh, hahah..I must be getting tired, I could have -sworn- I just read a post from KOG where he actually -agrees- with TD as regards pursuing Orapko...I mean, KOG wouldn't come out and say he agrees with anything TD has done, would he...?

Knight of God likes this

Oh, hahah..I must be getting tired, I could have -sworn- I just read a post from KOG where he actually -agrees- with TD as regards pursuing Orapko...I mean, KOG wouldn't come out and say he agrees with anything TD has done, would he...?

Yessir...

Fair is fair.

Just as long as he is able to be more lucky health wise during his potential time here.

Bring home the man with the bionic breasts.

Still would rather the Falcons sign someone else though.

As long as we had a couple back up options just in case/when in case he goes down

A HEALTHY 4-3 with Spoon as Sam, Worrilow at mike and Orakpo at Leo would be pretty freaky good...........but we may get what 45 snaps with that line up???

But those would be the best 45 snaps ever!!

NWxOlrc.jpg
capologist likes this

I get what everyone is saying about the injury thing .... The seahawks hit gold taking there chance on Cliff Avril (plantar fascia) and Michael Bennett (torn rotators cuff) ... He recruit those guys to seattle... Got both cheap and they hit gold.

No truer words were spoken. I remember this board warning against the Falcons pursuing either of those at the time, due to the risk. If Quinn wants Orakpo, I'm sitting shotgun.

Sometimes people have to just listen. They will only listen if you have clout. Just sayin.....

Ok KOG out with it you can't post something like this and leave us hanging

I don't believe in the whole "injury prone" label in general for any player. Injuries happen, but he has torn his left pec twice and his right pec once, dislocated his finger last year and dealt with an ankle injury last year which is supposedly why he struggled once he recovered from the previous torn pec. Whether or not the pec injury happened during the year or offseason or whenever it still is an injury.

And one thing i think most will agree with is that the older players get, the more prone to injuries they become. Steven Jackson and Roddy White are perfect examples. Both were never injured up until the last few years. And Rak will be 29 years old before the season starts.

I don't want him unless its for a 2-3 year deal with around 5m annually.

He has Kyle Shanahan's seal of approval. This was a serious joint affair and its a good move if worked.

Not only this, but people are forgetting our new OL Coach - Chris Morgan - was also with the Redskins. He would also have an insiders knowledge of Orakpo's work ethic, medical risk, and his unrelenting mentality and talent, having worked alongside the guy for years and having his guys line up against him in practice everyday.

I agree that this is a joint effort by the front office.

@NBCdianna: Redskins and Brian Orakpo had been working on a long term contract extension, told "it's not looking good" Falcons are very interested.

Cool, who are we gonna have to replace him with once he gets injured?

As long as we don't throw cash at him I'm game. At this point I'm with you on Suh.

Imagine a DL of: Suh/Soliai/Hageman/Orakpo (IF we could afford Suh's demands).... as long as Orakpo would stay healthy, we'd ******* dominate OLs

He'll be 29 by the time the season starts and already having injuries problems not sure thats a good idea but he is easily better than anything we've had for a while even if it is for only 4-5 games

Jaguars are also reported to be very interested in Orakpo, and they can easily outspend us on anyone we're both targeting.

This is true. He's 29 though. I think its time to pick a team with a chance to win.

I just felt a flutter in my pants like a pigeon having a heart attack.

Knight of God likes this